Why We Drink Organic Milk

Why Drink Organic milk? What is the difference between organic milk and milk? With choices in brands, percent, production, rBST free, etc., are there benefits to these differences. One of the biggest difference’s is in how milk is produced, determining if it can be called organic or not. We are happy to partner with The National Milk Life Campaign on this post.

organicsealOrganic Milk Is Not Something Necessarily New

Organic Milk is not something scientist created in the last couple of decades. When I was a kid, milk was milk. Being the 1980s, I am sure there was changes in how it was created 100 years ago. And as I got older milk was still milk when bought from any grocery store.palm desert tripIt wasn’t until about when our first child was born when we really took full notice to pay attention to what we were buying for our kid. In college I had learned a little about what the term organic defined, especially in regards to food.

The Organic Milk Difference

The real difference between organic Milk and others really boils down to a few major differences. These for the most part include food free of GMO’s and pesticides, no growth hormones, or antibiotics used.

USDA requires organic foods to follow standards starting with the requirement that farms use organic-approved substances for crops and animals including:

• No synthetic fertilizers & pesticides (there are organic variants to these, but not even always used)
  • No use of growth hormones or antibiotics
  • No use of genetically modified (GMO) crops for animal feed

Happy Cows Come From Tillamook, Oregon

How Organic Milk Can Help

Not only is organic production easier on the environment it is a good source of protein for us humans. With protein so important for growing kids to active adults, many people do not get the amount of protein they need throughout the day. Many experts recommend 25-30 grams at each meal for adults, with many people get half that.Organic Milk and hearty breakfast toastOrganic milk is a good source for protein and is used in our home from drinks, to cooking, to desserts. From whipping my eggs with a little milk for omelets, frittatas, scrambled eggs; or used for French toast, cereal, a glass of organic milk, to and that is just breakfast. The kids also love their chocolate and other flavored milk and its great mixed after a hard workout.glass of Organic MilkThere really is a difference with organic milk vs non, and it may have not been something to think about in the past, so I wanted to why we use and have always used organic milk with our kids in our home.

Check out MilkLife for more info and recipes. Check out and follow Milk Life on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

1. Julie Wood on May 26, 2016 at 7:33 am

I am a big fan of organic milk and love the taste better and I am glad that I and my kids are drinking mild without the added hormones!

2. shelly peterson on March 23, 2016 at 2:21 am

Thanks for sharing the difference between milk and organic milk. I have never purchased organic milk, but sounds like I really should be.

3. Lisa Rios on March 3, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I very much agree that Organic Milk are the best when it comes to health. I always used to take Organic ones when we were living in our hometown, but it has a been a distant thing these days.

4. Marielle Altenor on March 2, 2016 at 8:06 pm

It’s important to be well aware on what we are putting in our bodies. Thanks for sharing your views on organic milk! =)

5. Bites for Babies on March 2, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I don’t drink myself (I haven’t actually drank it in over 12 years) but I do give it to my kids. I only buy organic!

6. CourtneyLynne on March 2, 2016 at 2:57 pm

I’ll admit I am one of the crazies that doesn’t drink cows milk at all! My disgusted however loves it so organic is how we go!

7. Angela K on March 2, 2016 at 12:44 pm

I seriously love milk and even though im a huge fan of almond milk i do loveee some organic milk! Great post! alot of these facts I didnt even know.

8. Shaney Vijendranath (youbabyandi) on March 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm

My husband prefers everything organic. At first, I never really understood it but now I do and support him. It is expensive but so worth it.

9. ricci on March 2, 2016 at 9:12 am

I love organic milk!! I love the taste and how long it lasts in my fridge!!

10. Claudia Krusch on March 1, 2016 at 8:22 pm

I’m a big fan of organic food too. Never had organic milk, though! It might be more a bit expensive, it’s totally worth the investment!

11. Cathy on March 1, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Wow, I never knew the real difference! Thanks for this super informative post! I had no idea what a great impact a small change can have on our health!
    Cathy

12. Tatanisha Pitts-Worthey on March 1, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I also remember those days when milk is just milk but now that people are more conscious with what we eat and drink, people go for organic produce. This is a very informative post, never knew that organic milk and the milk were usually having has such big difference and impact to our health.

13. Kathy on March 1, 2016 at 10:17 am

I should really switch to organic milk. Right now I’ve been using soy milk. Regular cows milk usually doesn’t go well with my stomach. I’ll have to try out some organic milk next time.

14. Kelli @ 3 Boys and a Dog on March 1, 2016 at 9:40 am

Such a great way to improve your protein intake! Milk seems like such an easy thing to buy at the grocery store, however with new researches and studies-it’s becoming a topic that one should really research and choose wisely. With the different types of A1 & A2 milks, organic or non organic–all of these factors could result in a great change in your body and its digestion!

15. Ryan Escat on March 1, 2016 at 6:57 am

Organic milk is very healthy especially the fresh one.

16. Rebecca Swenor on March 1, 2016 at 6:10 am

I have never tried organic milk before but I will have to try it for sure. It is so much healthier for you with no antibiotics or GMO. Thanks for sharing the information.

17. Dallas-Fort Worth Fitness Blog on February 29, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I personally don’t care for milk. I will drink it every now and then. I want to try organic but it’s like 8 dollars a gallon in Texas. This is a bit over my budget especially if we end up wasting it from time to time.

18. Christie on February 29, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Seriously, I cannot believe how much extra “stuff” is in our milk these days. I miss milk just being milk

19. Bonnie @wemake7 on February 29, 2016 at 7:01 pm

I love Organic milk and drink it as often as we can. We try to be as organic as we can. =)

20. Miles L. on February 29, 2016 at 6:53 pm

I’m a big fan of organic food too. Though they might be more a bit expensive, it’s worth the investment.

21. Tat on February 29, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Amazing reasons to drink organic milk! There are so many benefits of making the switch to organic.

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on February 29, 2016 at 3:10 pm

I have my milk delivered, so it;s not organic, but I get why people do 🙂

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on February 29, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Organic milk is one of the best things to start out on if you’re moving to organic. So much goes into milk production that it pays to buy organic.

24. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on February 29, 2016 at 2:47 pm

We drink local organic, too. With the amount we drink, I cannot imagine giving all of those growth hormones to my girls!

25. Alyssa @ The Plucky Introvert on February 29, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I haven’t drank milk in a very long time, and now I’m starting to get lactose intolerant, so I may not every bother again. My husband, however, LOVES milk, and organic is definitely something I need to be looking into more!

26. Jeanette on February 29, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I have never done Organic for milk. I have to buy lactose free, but I have a friend that does everything organic and loves it.