Talking Small But Powerful

brooklin footballWhen I think of things of things that are small but powerful I think of my daughters. As a mom I am so inspired by my girls, they are constantly teaching me. They’re incredibly smart and good at the things they try, unlike me as a child they don’t have a lot of fears either.   This post is sponsored by Socialstars and Tide, however all opinions are our own. #SmallButPowerful

Our six year old is a competitive dancer, she works hours each day at the dance studio and all those hours only inspire her to work harder. I see her work on something relentlessly for weeks, even months at a time until it’s just right. She fails often and yet never lets it get her down and I am often inspired by her ability to never give up.

I see her push herself and her dedication to dance would inspire anyone. She works on her strength and balance, she’s only six but she’s got more heart and determination than most adults I know. When I think of small and powerful I think of our girls. playing with a ballI am so glad my girls have examples in their life like Mia Hamm. Undoubtedly the soccer star has a special place in our girls heart. Her dedication to her sport and training is exactly the type of role model our girls look up to.

Check out this video from Mia Hamm Here and here.

3As we get ready for the big game day I want to be sure our little ones are plenty entertained with this Football Fun Math Printable. I know there will plenty of messes too that’s why we are prepared with Tide Pods. While they might be small they are also effective in cleaning your worst messes. 4If you will have little ones at the game today be sure to grab this free printable. Why not keep them busy with some fun football fun math? It is such an easy way to keep the kiddos entertained and keep their little hands busy. football fun printable

I also like to keep other craft supplies around. Simple construction paper, scissors and glue can be fun for kids. Our girls enjoy making fun footballs, draw, cut them out and even add some colors. I don’t worry about the little messes because we use Tide Pods to clean up all the small but powerful mess. 8I just enjoy spending time with my girls. Whether it’s game day or just an ordinary day around the house I know when we are together and having fun everyone feels powerful and loved! 10

Who in your life is #SmallButPowerful?

1. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on February 11, 2016 at 4:26 am

In my opinion all children are powerful, it just needs to be brought out! They need to nurture all their talents to learn what their strengths are.

2. Krystal on February 10, 2016 at 3:25 pm

The football printable is just what I was looking for with my son. Very cool set up and my son is learning just how poweful he can be!

3. Yolanda @ SeeingItTheirWay on February 10, 2016 at 9:55 am

My little guys are small but powerful. They both are becoming very vocal in their opinion about what’s right and wrong and I am so proud of them.

4. Yona Williams on February 10, 2016 at 9:00 am

Ha! As of right now, I’d say our new little Chihuahua. When we first brought her home, my Mom tied her to her crate while she went to get her food ready in the other room. When she came back, the lil’ dog dragged the crate across the room so she could jump on the bed.

5. Crystal on February 9, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Such a cute idea. My kids aren’t a all that interested in watching sports on tv, but this craft will keep them in the spirit of things.

6. Lisa on February 9, 2016 at 7:36 pm

My daughter was in competitive dance for two years and I love the drive that it gave her. Even when she was a toddler, she was a better a person than I was so she is my small but powerful.

7. nicole escat on February 9, 2016 at 8:34 pm

this is absolutely a cute idea. i want to try her craft project

8. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on February 9, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Our son is definitely small, but powerful.
    He’s on the smaller side for his age, but he’s got a BIG, loving heart.
    His school has children with special needs and typical learning students in the same classroom so he’s familiar with lots of kids of people.

9. Veroniva on February 9, 2016 at 6:20 pm

This reminds me of my daughter when s he was little. Great post

10. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on February 9, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I know quite a few children who fall in the small but powerful category. Top of my list would probably be my soon-to-be ex-husband daughter. She is such an amazing girl and I am so proud of the strong girl she is becoming.

11. Tracey on February 9, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Wow, that is awesome that she is dedicated so young. I love the idea of small but powerful.

12. Seattle Travel Blogger on February 9, 2016 at 10:05 am

Ahh, your little girls are so cute!!
    I love your pictures and they look like they really enjoy football!

13. Ann Bacciaglia on February 9, 2016 at 9:27 am

My friends little girl is five years old and has Autism. She is non verbal but she can definitely get her point across. She is such a strong little girl. Definitely small yet powerful.

14. Jamaise on February 9, 2016 at 12:16 am

My little Capri is small but powerful. She knows herself so well and what direction she’s going in. She’s pretty powerful for a five year old!

15. Life as a Convert on February 8, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I am not an American football fan at all, but those football cutouts you guys made are adorable. My younger boy would like making one.

16. Toni | BoulderLocavore on February 8, 2016 at 8:40 pm

I love this for multiple reasons. The football math sheet is fantastic. The more fun it is, the more kids want to do it! Also I love that you don’t treat football as a ‘just for guys’ pastime.

17. Marcie W. on February 8, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I love the small but powerful motto and truly think of all three of my children, each for a different reason. I am extremely proud to be their mom!

18. Ora Lee Gurr on February 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I have several nieces and nephews who fall in the small but powerful category. They like challenges like math quizzes, friendly competition, and arts. Working in the mud where the snow has started to melt makes me glad strong, but friendly, cleaners like Tide pods are available. I noticed a lot of customers using them at the coin laundry in town when the water froze and many of us couldn’t use our machines at home.

19. Pam on February 8, 2016 at 3:36 pm

This math sheet would be perfect for a little boy I help tutor. Nothing can get him into math like making it about sports.

20. Brandy on February 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Small and powerful be children 🙂 This is a great post and a fun idea to do as a craft project with my kiddos!

21. Victoria on February 8, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I really love her craft project i beg my niece love to try this craft too.

22. Catherine S on February 8, 2016 at 1:57 pm

What a fun craft idea. I think of my nieces when I think small but powerful.

23. Liz Mays on February 8, 2016 at 1:46 pm

She sounds so dedicated to perfecting her craft. That’s awesome to see at such a young age. She must really love dancing.

24. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on February 8, 2016 at 1:42 pm

My oldest got his black belt 1 month after turning 11. It took him 3 years, but he worked his butt off.

25. OurFamilyWorld on February 7, 2016 at 8:19 pm

My twin granddaughters are what come to mind when I think of small, but powerful. They are the joys of our family.

26. Annemarie LeBlanc on February 7, 2016 at 7:02 pm

When I think of small and powerful, I think of nothing else but my grandchildren. I cannot believe how much joy they have brought into my life. Just one tiny smile melts my heart!

27. Maggie Branch on February 7, 2016 at 8:00 pm

When I think small but powerful I immediately think of my younger cousin. She has overcome such huge difficulties in the last few months and continues to carry herself with such grace. I am so proud of her and think #smallbutpowerful is the perfect way to describe her.

28. Jaime Nicole on February 7, 2016 at 4:44 pm

This is such a cute idea. She is definitely dialed in to the project and getting some great work accomplished – so great!