My Morning Protein – Easy Breakfast Ideas

runningI started this morning with a run. A few weeks ago I decided that instead of driving to my neighborhood gym that I would start to run there and back. The weather here in southern California is exceptionally nice for February so I enjoy being out in the sunshine. I start my mornings off and running though, get the kids off to school then I head for a workout.

Did you know that the average person doesn’t get enough protein in their mornings? It’s actually hard to make sure that you get the 25-30 grams of protein before noon that many experts recommend. So I like to start my mornings simple and full of the things I enjoy. Protein that will not only fuel my workout but also keep me going all morning long. That’s why a glass of organic milk is a great way to start your day. We are happy to partner with The National Milk Life Campaign on this post.Organic Milk gallonWe use organic milk in our home and I know that Organic farms preserve milk’s goodness by following strict standards set by the USDA that stipulate farmers can only use organic-approved substances for their crops and livestock. That means there are no synthetic fertilizers, and they cannot use growth hormones or antibiotics. Plus they never use genetically modified (GMO) crops or feed for their cows. That means not only am I feeding myself the very best but I am also feeding my entire family the best when we have organic milk with our breakfast.

One of my favorite ways to make sure I get in added protein to fuel my day is an avocado toast. I like to buy a seed bread that has 12g of protein, it’s one of those added ways I can make sure my body is getting the protein it needs.

Southwest Avocado Breakfast Toast

• 2 slices Protein packed whole wheat bread
  • 1 avocado (1/2 an avocado per slice of toast)
  • 1/4 cup bell pepper
  • 2 TBSP of fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup small tomato

Protein Toast Avocado Tomato Cilantro PepperI really like adding fresh vegetables for color and flavor. It makes a really filling breakfast idea and it’s one of my favorite quick breakfasts too. Serve it alongside a delicious and cold glass of milk and I have everything I need to power me through my workout and jumpstart my day. If you want to learn more about morning protein be sure to visit the Milk Life website.Organic Milk and hearty breakfast toastNot realizing that I should have more protein in the morning I’ve been trying to challenge myself to find foods that are high in protein and make them a part of my morning breakfast. Like enjoying oatmeal with a scoop of my favorite meant butter and a glass of milk. Favorites like toast and eggs are also at the top of my list and they are simple breakfast ideas the whole family actually likes!fffoods high in protein for breakfastThere are so many ways to incorporate more morning protein into your life. My favorite way is to enjoy a cold glass of milk, whether with my morning breakfast or after a long workout. You can learn more about organic milk and more about morning protein on the website.glass of Organic Milk

What are your favorite morning breakfast ideas?

1. shelly peterson on March 21, 2016 at 4:43 am

I love avocado and this looks really good! I will have to try this.

2. Kiwi on February 26, 2016 at 12:12 am

Your presentation is great. Makes me want to start my mornings better!

3. Cara (@StylishGeek) on February 24, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Breakfast is an important meal in our family and we do not skip this as much as possible. Interestingly our breakfast is comprise mostly of grains, but never think much about the protein. So I love this Southwest Avocado Breakfast Toast recipe! Easy to make and very healthy for us to eat!

4. Katie @ Recipe for Perfection on February 23, 2016 at 5:44 am

I love milk! We started buying organic milk recently. I have it with cereal for breakfast, or sometimes overnight oats.

5. Tiffany on February 22, 2016 at 2:55 pm

This looks like a great way to make sure you start the day with energy but without a heavy meal. I often skip breakfast simply because I don’t want to be full and feel too heavy at the start of the day but this seems like a great option.

6. LaShawn on February 21, 2016 at 7:16 am

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I am always looking for new breakfast ideas! I really believe that a healthy breakfast sets the tone for the day! Thank you so much for sharing!

7. Aileen Adalid on February 21, 2016 at 5:29 am

That’s a really healthy meal for the morning! Thanks for sharing, I’ve been trying to live healthier the past days so this will help a lot for my breakfast ideas

8. Tami on February 20, 2016 at 4:32 am

I love avocado. I’ve also been looking to get back into the habit of eating breakfast. This is perfect! Hey, maybe I’ll even get in a morning workout to go with this powerful breakfast!

9. Christie on February 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm

I love the breakfast toast idea. I’m a big fan of getting in lots of protein in the morning

10. Shell on February 19, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Looks like I need to drink more milk. I know I don’t get enough protein.

11. Crystal on February 18, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Breakfast is a family favorite, but there’s just not often time to make what we really want to eat. I love how simple it is to add protein to your morning with milk.

12. Chrysa on February 18, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Your toast looks great! I always try to get protein in the morning too. Some of my favs are smoothies with Greek yogurt and milk, hardboiled eggs and wheat toast with peanut butter.

13. nicole escat on February 18, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this great easy breakfast ideas. I should start drinking Milk every morning.

14. valmg @ Mom Knows It All on February 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm

We go through a lot of milk in our house. My youngest eats sausage about half of the time for breakfast, he loves it.

15. Ora Lee Gurr on February 18, 2016 at 5:36 pm

The yellow bell pepper really adds a delightful zing to the picture and the recipe. I kept reading the recipe over and over looking for a mandarin orange or tangerine. It will be fun to surprise the family with avocado toast for breakfast.

16. LisaLDN on February 18, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Running to your gym and back is really impressive! I usually walk to mine (it’s only 10 minutes away), and now I’ll have to consider upping the ante! 🙂 That toast looks so good, I’m so bummed that I’m allergic to avocado :/ I always make sure to have eggs for breakfast, though, so hopefully I get enough protein 🙂

17. Melinda on February 18, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I am not a big milk fan but I do try and eat oatmeal or eggs on a daily basis for the protein which I know I am getting enough in a day.

18. Michelle de Guzman on February 18, 2016 at 11:15 am

I am always trying to find easy ways to get protein in my morning breakfast routine. This is quick and yummy looking. Thanks

19. Catherine S on February 18, 2016 at 11:37 am

That looks like a great breakfast. I didn’t know that milk had so much protein.

20. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on February 18, 2016 at 11:26 am

We have milk with every meal. I make sure that the kids especially get in their milk. It’s great for protein and vitamins.

21. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on February 18, 2016 at 11:12 am

I don’t get enough protein in my diet, so this sounds awesome to me. I need to try it.