Meatless Manwich Monday

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.

mia parkOur weekdays are so busy with the kids off to school and our work day filled our afternoons get even busier with after school activities. Even our youngest who is now three, her days are filled with park playdates and preschool. Our oldest started horseback riding so she’s discovering how much work it is to ride a horse, just as the sun goes down each week she gets to ride her favorite horse, Bella.  Our kids are involved in so many after school activities during the week that when they get home at night and it’s time for dinner, they’re ready to eat!kaila horseback ridingI like to start the week off with as little chaos as possible. As we settle into our busy weekday routine after a fun filled weekend the one thing I don’t want to stress about is dinner. One meal I know everyone in our family will agree with is Manwich. Mannwich Thick ChunkyManwich is a hearty sauce with a sweet and tangy taste and it also has the kid-stopping power, as your children will need both hands to enjoy this messy-licious treat, keeping them away from video games or texting! For our girls it’s always a hit Plus, there is no meat in Manwich!

That’s right, it’s a great tasting meal that can also be meatless. I just used my favorite plant based meat and add in Manwich. It’s partly the reason why my kids have no idea that they’re vegetarians too. Most of what they eat is meatless and it’s nice that with Manwich they can still get that delicious dinner.  Mannwich Thick Chunky preparationWith our Monday’s being chaotic I can appreciate how easy Manwich is because all I have to do is heat our plant based “meat” and add in the sauce and top with bell peppers and onions. Mannwich Thick Chunky Non Meat (5)When I think of my favorite childhood dinners I always think of messy sloppy joes, even if we go meatless I think it’s still fun to create those same memories with our girls. I hope to  spend our Monday nights eating together, and enjoying that fun family meal without all the stress. Mannwich Thick Chunky Non Meat (1)Be sure to join our family for Manwich Monday, to find out more visit manwich.com for more Manwich Monday Recipes and  Follow Manwich on Twitter for ideas and recipes. Also be sure to Sign-up for ReadySetEat eNewsletter.

What are your favorite Monday night meals?

Cropped 9ea4ba0e 37a1 4232 8f7a 63cb51ace2a4

Visit Sponsors Site

1. Janet W. on March 25, 2016 at 2:32 am

I’ve never tried Manwich before but it looks delicious! We’ll have to try it!

2. shelly peterson on March 20, 2016 at 7:37 am

We enjoy Manwich’s in my house. We don’t have that often but have never tried them meatless before. These look good.

3. Echo on March 2, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Great idea! It looks just like a regular manwich! I wonder if I could fool my kiddos, LOL! Awesome idea for a meatless meal!

4. Emma Spellman on March 2, 2016 at 1:17 am

This is perfect for Meatless Mondays!! I can’t remember the last time I had a sloppy joes. This looks delish and I will have to add it to my meal plan for April!! Yum!

5. Cara (@StylishGeek) on March 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Wow! I actually have never thought of doing this, but it’s such a fantastic way to serve a meatless dish! Good to know right now during lent! Definitely will try to serve this to my hubby and daughter for dinner. I am sure they would love it!

6. Lee on March 1, 2016 at 9:38 am

I grew up with Manwich as well! I like that you added something of your own to make the canned meal even better. These are things I never think to do. If it comes in a can that’s how it is eaten. I don’t personally need it to be meatless but I am positive other people will love this option.

Lee

7. Tammilee Tips on March 1, 2016 at 6:47 am

I am a vegetarian and can’t believe I never thought to make Manwhich meatless before. This sounds like the perfect weeknight meal for me and I bet my husband would love it too. I love how quick and easy your whole dinner looks.

8. Roch on February 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Wow that sandwich really looks delicious! We are fans of rice and can’t complete a decent meal without having it. I guess that’s a big part of being Asian. Sweet and tangy is an excellent combination!

9. Rachel on February 29, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I love this idea! I do the weekday veg diet, so I eat meatless meals from Monday through Friday, and being able to still use manwich is like a little piece of my childhood that I can still fit into this diet! Can’t wait to try this one out!