Tips For Healthy Lunches – Easy Jar Salads

fitlethicsWe enjoy getting outside with our family, on weekends we spend our time exploring southern California beaches and hiking in nearby mountains. We are an active family and our weekdays are just the same. I fill my day while the kids are at school with workouts and then head off to work. Our afternoons are jam packed with after school activities for the kids so it’s important for me that I stay prepared with healthy meals.

One of the best ways to eat healthy is to stay prepared so prepping salads ahead of time will give you more time during your busy afternoons. I know that for me I am often on the go during the day so I need a lunch that is not only healthy but one that will keep me energized for those hectic afternoons. I headed to my local Walmart store to buy everything I needed for these salads including the C&W Vegetables. jar saladsBeing prepared and organized is what keeps our family on track. I like to keep around easy meals and frozen veggies from C&W Vegetables are always a great thing to have on hand. Being a vegetarian people think I get bored eating so many vegetables but the truth is, you can use so many different vegetables to create unique flavors. Jar salads are one of the easiest ways I like to prepare for lunch and they’re so easy to make and to customize. veggie jar saladJust layer with your favorite vegetables, frozen vegetables are often a great alternative and allow you to add even more flavor without all the fuss. making jar saladsSince I like to make these ahead of time and have them all week I don’t want to mix the dressing in the salad. Add a layer of plastic wrap then twist on the lid on the jar. making jar salads

Just check out this video –

I really like how simple and delicious these salads are. I can easily take them with me on the go and they’re great for those busy afternoons when you just need to grab lunch and go!

Make sure you add C&W Vegetables to your shopping list and don’t forget to take advantage of the $.50 off of 1 package of C&W vegetables Ibotta coupon good at select Walmart stores. (while supplies last)

What are your favorite health lunch ideas?

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and C&W®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #premiumveggies http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

1. Olga on February 26, 2016 at 2:36 am

When I had a big bowl I used to chop different vegetables, mostly verious cabbages, greens, onion and put them into the bowl. Then I took the necessary amount of the salad, mixed it, added tomatoes, cucumbers, oil and salt. I had such a ready salad all week, that is so much convenient and saves time.

2. Krystal on January 26, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I want to start making these SO bad! they look so easy and delicious. Definitely my kind of meal!

3. Ashleigh on January 24, 2016 at 11:51 am

Those look like some delicious salad jars! I love making them and storing them for later.

4. becka on January 23, 2016 at 12:01 pm

I would never have thought to do the jar salads like this. I actually have several of those jars and could never decide what to use them for except soup and my sewing supplies. 🙂 They look great. Thanks!

5. Lisa Rios on January 23, 2016 at 7:20 am

I am just loving this beautiful jars with those salads. A wonderful idea which could my husband would love so much & I am going to try this healthy delicious method right away.

6. Jacqui Odell on January 22, 2016 at 10:25 am

I have never had salad in a jar before, but this would looks yummy. I just found out not to long ago that I am pregnant and I have been trying to live healthier. I will try these ideas.

7. Crystal Lopez on January 22, 2016 at 8:07 am

I love jar salad ideas and recipes! They really do stay fresh a lot longer in the jar and are perfect for a quick meal option!

8. ryan escat on January 22, 2016 at 12:39 am

What a healthy goods. I am in the process of healthy living and i love it so much.

9. Bonnie @wemake7 on January 21, 2016 at 7:02 pm

That is such a great idea! I really have to do this. Would be perfect for my hubby and I for our lunches.

10. Tatanisha Pitts-Worthey on January 21, 2016 at 5:29 pm

What a great looking salad! I love salads in a jar, it’s very convenient to just grab one and go. Now, I’m inspired to make my own too! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

11. Erica Brooks on January 21, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I like salads in a jar. I’ll have to try the idea of putting a layer of plastic wrap before adding dressing and the lid.

12. Ashley Whipple on January 21, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Love how you keep the dressing separate. That’s always my concern with a mason jar salad.

13. Sicorra@NotNowMomsBusy on January 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm

What a smart idea. I love the way you put the saran wrap on top and then poured the salad dressing in there to keep everything crisp and fresh.

14. Chelsea on January 21, 2016 at 1:18 pm

I have not tried the jar salad trend yet, but these sure look tempting! I might give these a try yet.

15. Ann Bacciaglia on January 21, 2016 at 11:50 am

This is a great lunch idea. I have made a jar salad before but i put the dressing in the jar first then i added the salad. I will have to try this tip for the dressing.

16. Lynndee on January 21, 2016 at 10:25 am

Wow! I certainly love the idea of making jar salads. Totally a brilliant idea. Thanks for that! 🙂

17. OurFamilyWorld on January 21, 2016 at 9:39 am

This is a great idea. I seldom leave the house, but when I do and I know I am going to be out for long, I like to bring food. This is perfect.

18. victoria on January 21, 2016 at 3:46 am

what a healthy lifestyle. I am planning to do a healthy food but i cannot let go the meats.

19. ricci on January 20, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I have always wanted to make the “salad in a jar”‘s but have never gotten around to it!! Your tips are great and I just amy have to do that soon!!

20. travel blogger on January 20, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I have to say I have never heard of a jar salad. These look great and a quick and healthy lunch.

21. Liz Mays on January 20, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I’d love to make some of these. A jar salad would be nice lunch for my boyfriend to bring to work.

22. Annemarie LeBlanc on January 20, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Great idea. This would be something I can take to work everyday, instead of relying on cafeteria food that is most of the time greasy.

23. Life as a Convert on January 20, 2016 at 4:58 pm

I’ve never done jar salads before. I just chop all my stuff ahead of time and add to a bowl as needed. I’m wondering how the frozen vegetables do.

24. Miles L. on January 20, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Since the time I decided to be more health conscious this year, I’m always on the lookout for healthy meals.

25. lisa on January 20, 2016 at 3:35 pm

I’ve always wanted to try making these. They look so good and so easy for everyday. I think it’s time I try!

26. Jeanette on January 20, 2016 at 2:02 pm

That’s funny, my friend is doing exactly the same recipes this week. I wonder if she saw them here.

27. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on January 20, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Well, this is my favorite healthy lunch idea now! I can’t wait to try these!

28. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on January 20, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I love salads in a jar. They are so pretty. Totally not enough food, but they are pretty 🙂