Building Super Kid Skills With LEGO DC Comics Building Sets – LEGO Inspired Lunch Ideas

We are always looking for fun ways for the kids to reconnect with the things from when we were children. We introduce our children to te things we enjoyed as kids, from books, to video games, toys, trips, and just so much. Being a parent means we have the choice to introduce them to what we feel will bring them not only fun and joy but good learning experiences.

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero Batman RobinMy husband has some of his favorite things from his childhood that he has introduced to our kids. They are all avid video gamers, love to hike and climb, and also love to build and create things like their dad. One of our family favorites include the iconic LEGO building blocks and building sets. Not only can the kids let their imaginations roam, but they get to work on their hand eye coordination. One reason we have pushed them to build is for their young developing motor skills.

LEGO Inspired Lunch Ideas!

2We try to apply this to our children everyday. Having them build and use their creative sides is a great way to keep them busy, but also learning. From playtime, to preparing food, we like to make lunch together. Letting them take the lead and doing it all by themselves not only lets them have some fun and practice their hand coordination, but they love to eat what they make!

1These LEGO inspired lunch ideas is just one way to keep the fun going. I let her not only put lunch together, but build it. From our LEGO themed apple and butter sandwiches, she especially had fun with the LEGO apple and banana bricks.lego lunch

The New LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes sets.

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero Sets

To keep the building excitement going after lunch, lets BUILD! What is fun about these sets is there are designed for young builders in mind. Our oldest has no problem building her sets, but when it comes time for little sisters to build, its not quite easy. This is where LEGO DUPLE and JUNIORS sets come in handy. These sets are created with age in mind.

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero Batman uperwoman SupermanMia got the LEGO® DUPLO® DC Comics Batman Adventure set, perfect for ages 1 1/2 – 5. This fun set was easy for her to begin to start to assemble, but still gave her a great challenge and came out solid in the end. While the set was fun, she finds it even more fun to build what she wants! This is great, because when she gets older, she can also pull out the instructions and build the set.

Toddler LEGO Set DC Comic Super HeroLEGO® DUPLO® are great because they are double the size of the iconic LEGO bricks. DUPLO bricks are for young and small hands that are delevoping motor skills. While she can to be more precise, when she gets older she will be ready to build anything, like her big sisters and Daddy!

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero 6 year old set Brooklin scored with the LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes set. Her set included Batman and Robin in The Batboat Harbor Pursuit. She had fun building this set and was challenged at points, which is good. Why? Here in a year, she will not only be able to build more complicated sets, but she will know how to follow instructions and learn perspective while building. My husband also says LEGO’s help with math because all blocks are designed with numbers in mind, and building LEGO involves knowing numbers, especially with friends. They have their own lingo when building LEGOs together.

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero Batman Robin Batboat (2)Brooklin loves excitement and with being a competitive dancer, she likes to act like a super hero. From running, to flying, jumping, flips, she is so active so she likes super heroes and all the energy and tricks they can do. She loves the action moves and Batman!

LEGO DC Comic Super Hero Batman Robin BatboatAlso available for those in between the 3 and 6 age range are LEGO® JUNIORS for Ages 4+. These sets are smaller than DUPLO, are slightly bigger than regular sized LEGO and not as difficult as regular LEGO blocks. LEGO JUNIORS are fun themed sets with very easy-to-follow building instructions.

LEGO are great because not only do they teach experience, they are fun for all ages. From kids to adults, they can be played with over and over, used to create something new always, and can be handed down through the years just like my husband did with his. Or just have fun with some LEGO inspired lunch ideas.

DO YOU HAVE ANY LEGO INSPIRED LUNCH IDEAS YOU’VE TRIED?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on January 23, 2016 at 5:03 am

I can’t say I have ever had a Lego inspired lunch before! Looks like your DD enjoyed her Lego sets! 🙂

2. Debbie L. on January 22, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Davey loves Lego’s – he has a few of these sets. The lunch is perfect…. I will give that a try.

3. Seattle Travel Blogger on January 21, 2016 at 7:22 pm

LEGO surely has some nice kits.
    I think your pictures are really cute also.

4. Crystal on January 21, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Those Lego sandwiches will build up a great lunch! Love that there are cool building sets to engage my little superheroes.

5. OurFamilyWorld on January 21, 2016 at 2:42 pm

What a cute idea! The girls love Lego and they will have so much fun making this.

6. Amy Desrosiers on January 21, 2016 at 11:40 am

My kids can also do some impressive things with Lego bricks. It amazes me by all they can create with some simple bricks!

7. Christie on January 21, 2016 at 11:15 am

Love the LEGO lunch ideas! My son is a huge LEGO fan, so I know these sets are definitely up his alley!

8. Rosey on January 21, 2016 at 10:47 am

I don’t have any Lego inspired lunch ideas. I do think it’s awesome though.

9. dawn on January 21, 2016 at 10:39 am

this is so cute. me and my brothers have always loved legos and the lego inspired lunch is super cute and creative.

10. Mistee Dawn on January 21, 2016 at 12:41 am

These are such fun and creative ideas! My daughter would love this! She loves her LEGOS!

11. Ora Lee Gurr on January 20, 2016 at 11:51 pm

We haven’t had a Lego inspired lunch idea for some time. It was the snack and we used rectangular crackers. Then we cut out small circles of cheddar cheese to put on top of the crackers. Your kidlet is having a blast with the shapes. I’ll have to check out the DUPLOS, since they sound ideal for smaller kids who should have the opportunity to enjoy LEGOS, too.

12. Elizabeth Lampman on January 20, 2016 at 9:21 pm

My kids love playing with their Lego sets. They would be so excited to find this in their lunch box. I will have to surprise them this week.

13. Ann Bacciaglia on January 20, 2016 at 9:20 pm

This is a fantastic lunch idea. I will have to share this with my friends with kids. Lego used to be my kids favorite toys.

14. Toni | BoulderLocavore on January 20, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Such cute lunch ideas! My son is a bit older than your tots and he know builds Lego robots. I love how their products really evolve to so many age ranges.

15. Maureen on January 20, 2016 at 8:06 pm

These Lego kits look awesome. I bet my son would enjoy them! I love the Lego-inspired food.

16. Crystal on January 20, 2016 at 6:32 pm

What a cute idea! Kids love playing with their food so I’m sure they will love making Legos with their food!

17. Liz Mays on January 20, 2016 at 3:40 pm

I love your lego lunch! The new DC sets are really cool. I’m glad they have a Duplo set too!

18. Jennifer Sikora on January 20, 2016 at 2:54 pm

My kids would have loved those Legos when they were little. I never made them a cute Lego lunch like you did, but it looks awesome!

19. MELISASource on January 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm

That’s such a great idea! I love the whole Lego theme. I can’t think of any kid who wouldn’t love this.

20. Debra on January 20, 2016 at 2:02 pm

OMG – that is the cutest idea I’ve seen with Legos! My kids love Legos and they would get a kick if I served them a Lego-inspired meal!

21. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on January 20, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I’ve always been pretty boring when it comes to lunch. Not so with toys! I’ve been getting my kids Legos for years.

22. Pam on January 20, 2016 at 1:29 pm

My son used to be obsessed with Legos. He would have loved Lego themed lunches.

23. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on January 20, 2016 at 1:19 pm

What a cute idea. My boys would just love this idea.