Busy Mom’s Guide To Soothing Sore Throats

I am a busy mom of three and there’s no time to slow down let alone any time for me to get sick. So last week when I found myself with a sore throat I knew I had to find relief fast and I had to find something that wouldn’t slow me down. It’s also that time of year that it seems like everyone is getting sick. It’s important that I also stay ahead of cold and flu season with the Cold + Flu tracker.5

7 Simple Tips For Soothing Sore Throats

1. Honey – Honey is an easy way to soothe your throat because it soothes and has healing abilities.
  2. Hot Tea – Tea has long been used as medicine, hot tea can help soothe your throat and relax your body.
  3. Salt Water  – Gargle with salt water it will help heal and soothe.
  4. Peppermint – Using a peppermint oil is a great way to calm a cough or sore throat.
  5. Hot Shower – Taking a hot shower can release steam which will open airways and provide relief.
  6. Rest – I know this one is obvious but busy moms need to be reminded to get plenty of rest.
  7. Lozenges and Throat Sprays – Chloraseptic® lozenges and sprays can provide relief during cold & flu season.

1Every cold and flu season I always make sure to stock up on our favorite lozenges and sprays. Chloraseptic® lozenges and sprays can provide relief during cold & flu season.

I really like that the sprays target pain when and where it hurts. Not only is it something I keep by my desk when I’m feeling under the weather but it is also something I can use with my kids. Not only do the products work but they work fast. 7BWhat I like about topical medications, like Chloraseptic sore throat sprays and lozenges is because they are portable, can be used safely with other cold medicines, and have very few side effects. Two quick sprays and I have fast relief and I’m back to my busy day. 6Make sure Chloraseptic® is in your medicine cabinet so you are prepared to get the relief you need, when you need it. You can find the products in retailers nationwide.o see Chloraseptic®’s complete line of products and flavors to help keep you feeling your best this cold and flu season, visit their website.

What are your best tips for for soothing a cold or sore throat?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Sarah on February 2, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Sore throats are going around right now. Love your tips on soothing a sore throat. Hot tea always helps.

2. Marcie W. on February 2, 2016 at 7:01 pm

These are great sore throat tips, especially since I have felt one coming on for the last few days. My colds typically start this way, so I plan to up my vitamin intake and cross my fingers!

3. Melissa on February 1, 2016 at 11:22 am

Chloraseptic is great, I loved the spray when I was a kid. It always offered instant relief when I need it most. I still use their products to today and for my whole family.

4. Ron Leyba on January 31, 2016 at 7:18 pm

At this kind of weather. This will come really handy. Thanks for this info.

5. Olga on January 31, 2016 at 11:09 am

Thanks for sharing the ideas, I shared them too. Let me, please, some more ideas with you.

As a child I often had a sore throat, and my mom used to treat me with a cup of hot milk with garlic. Of course it was not so pleasant, but so much effective.

Once my throat was so much sore that it hd difficulties swallowing. Nothing helped me and I made a mixture of one cut lemon and honey. I ate all that, of course it was very sour but my throat has recovered immediately.

6. ricci on January 31, 2016 at 10:09 am

I used to HATE Chloraseptic when I was a kid but now I love it!! It really soothes a sore throat like nothing else!

7. Rebecca Swenor on January 31, 2016 at 2:37 am

We used to gargle in salt water when we were kids. Chloraseptic is something we use now if we have a sore throat. My mom used to buy it years ago and I used it with my kids too.

8. rika on January 31, 2016 at 2:22 am

I hate sore throat 🙁 never tried this brand, usually drink warm lemon water and honey

9. Nikka Shae on January 30, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I remember using this when I was sick and now I use this for my kids!!! I used to love the cherry flavor too!!

10. Ana Fernandez on January 30, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Thanks for sharing! Every winter I get the worst case of sore throat, so reading about the options is great! I will keep it in my back pocket for when I need it

11. Heather S-G on January 30, 2016 at 9:47 am

I grew up using chloraseptic for sore throats – I always equally loved and hated spraying it onto my throat – ha! 😉 I love all of these options, though – it’s nice to not always have to turn to the big guns if we don’t have to.

12. Miles L. on January 30, 2016 at 7:57 am

Sore throats can really be very annoying and painful. These guides are truly useful. Thanks for sharing this, Kristin.

13. Angelic Sinova on January 29, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Honey is definitely an easy way to soothe your throat! I always use honey and lots of rest. I’ve never heard of Throat Sprays before, how awesome <3

14. Liz Mays on January 29, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Chloraseptic spray works wonders for us. We always keep a bottle around. The salt water trick has worked for us too!

15. Cara (@StylishGeek) on January 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Thanks for your 7 Simple Tips For Soothing Sore Throats! I love using honey and lemon in hot water whenever I have a sore throat. I use Chloraseptic as well!

16. Vera Sweeney on January 29, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Flu and cold season has been awful this year. I know quick relief is something I look for especially when sick.

17. Ali Williams on January 29, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I’ve used Chloraseptic all my life for bad sore throats. I really works. I love natural remedies too, but when they don’t help and the pain is bad, I turn to this wonderful product.

18. Esther | The Cuteness on January 29, 2016 at 8:43 am

Salt water is by far the best treatment for a sore throat! When I feel it coming on, I gargle with salt water 5x a day… it dehydrates the bacteria/virus before its able to take hold. Colds are the worst!

19. valmg @ Mom Knows It All on January 29, 2016 at 7:49 am

Whenever I start to feel a sore throat coming on I do the same thing every time. I drink lots of orange juice and lots of chicken boullion – helps every time.

20. Alli on January 29, 2016 at 5:11 am

Chloraseptic spray is what I’ve always used for sore throats. I love the instant relief it provides. I also gargle with warm salt water to help with the healing process.

21. Giannina Guy on January 29, 2016 at 12:48 am

I like to use hot lemon and honey when a sore throat strikes. But you’re right, us busy mums must remeber to rest although it’s sometimes hard to find the time!