What Unstoppable Means To Me

brooklin hug kristin motherhood mom

Being a mom is my greatest joy. My girls mean everything to me and each and every day I am so thankful for my girls. For Kaila my creative 10 year old, Brooklin my spunky 6 year old and there’s the baby in the family, Mia. Having three girls my time is often in short supply. Between work, their activities and our lives I have to make every moment count. I try to show them just how much I love them in all the little things that I do each and every day.

kristin kaila mia brooklinMy kids will never full appreciate me waiting in the school pickup line forty five minutes before school gets out just to be sure I was there to get them to dance class on time, or making sure their lunch has the perfect shaped sandwich so when they open their lunchbox at school they smile knowing they have their favorites.

doing brooklins hair

She will never know that I set my alarm 10 minutes earlier on school days to make sure I have enough time to get her hair perfect. Plus as parents we never get sick days and yet it’s those things we do that are ordinary each and every day that I learned means so much to our kids.

Brooklin telling me that I was an Unstoppable Mom means everything to me. I cry tears of joy each time I think about how proud I am of my girls. Telling her I love her is just not enough and I know that she feels how much I love her because the moments that mean so much to me also mean so much to her. As parents we can feel guilty and anxious and even often unsure but I feel most unstoppable when I see my kids happy.

I like doing things that we all enjoy together. I enjoy running in my own time, it makes me feel unstoppable and ready for my day. My girls get to see me run half marathons and go hiking, and I might even stop to dance along the way. I think allowing my daughters to see me live and love life and work hard at something will only help teach them that anything is possible. Seeing that pure joy in their eyes means everything to me and truly does make me feel unstoppable.climbing moutain hiking with brooklinYou Can Still Create Your Own Storybook Cover –

You can visit unstoppablemoms.com to create your very own storybook cover. With every cover made with their partnership with Scholastic they will donate one book to a family in need. You can also win gift cards as part of weekly prize drawings.

It’s an easy way to give back to other unstoppable moms and their families so please head on over and create your very own storybook cover until December 17th!

Join Us For A Twitter Party!

Join us for a #MyUnstoppableMom Twitter party on December 15th at noon ET to talk advice and inspiration for parenting! RSVP at vite.io/themotherhoodchats

Kelly_BloggingMoms_with logo

I’d love to know, what does being unstoppable mean to you?

I have been compensated by, and received information and materials from, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.

*Between November 2, 2015 and December 17, 2015, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® invite legal residents of the 50 U. S.  & D.C., 18 and older, to create a storybook cover on MyUnstoppableMom.com. Each eligible submission will trigger a donation from Children’s MOTRIN® of one (1) book to a family in need, via Reach Out and Read, with a minimum donation of 10,000 books ($17,500 value) and a maximum of 25,000 books ($24,000 value), through its partnership with Scholastic. See Official Rules at for complete details.  For information about Reach Out and Read, visit http://www.reachoutandread.org/.

1. Christie on December 20, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Wow, what an amazing campaign, and support for fellow moms! I definitely felt tears welling up as I thought about being an unstoppable mom too!

2. Krystal on December 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm

This is such an amazing campaign. I recognize some of those women in the ad!

3. Lisa Rios on December 19, 2015 at 9:10 am

I agree, being a mom is such a great joy to me as well & motherhood is a pleasant experience to go through. I think every parent has to be unstoppable to make sure their kids get the best they need & they would understand it when they have kids later.

4. Marielle Altenor on December 17, 2015 at 10:44 pm

I have to say being a mom is my biggest accomplishment. I can get hard at time but I would have to say being unstoppable is persevering even through the tough times.

5. Raijean on December 17, 2015 at 10:09 am

Love this! Being mom is the hardest. Can’t wait to check out the show.

6. Tatanisha Pitts-Worthey on December 17, 2015 at 12:51 am

Amazing post! Being a mom is one of the hardest things in this world but the most rewarding. Being unstoppable means doing everything for the kids, for the family and no one’s going to stop us from doing that! We are all unstoppable!

7. Toni | BoulderLocavore on December 16, 2015 at 10:29 pm

I think your description of the little things you do (getting in the pick up line early to be sure to get to dance class on time) is the epitome of a mother’s heart. I’m sure your kids feel very luck to have you as their mom!

8. Veronica on December 16, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Great post! We moms are unstoppable. I would say chasing my dreams makes me unstoppable

9. Kate K (My Mommy Brain) on December 16, 2015 at 4:35 pm

This is such a great post! The Unstoppable Mom thing is awesome. It’s so hard being a parent, it’s nice to be recognized for all our hard work!

10. Chubskulit Rose on December 16, 2015 at 2:33 pm

That is so sweet! Being a Mom is the greatest blessing there is! I will check out unstoppable.

11. dawn on December 16, 2015 at 12:22 pm

i love the unstoppable mom thing. that is wonderful. thanks for sharing.

12. Melissa on December 16, 2015 at 11:35 am

I really try to live up to my supermom title. I am always trying my hardest to give my daughter the best start in life possible even if she doesn’t appreciate it all just yet.

13. Sicorra@NotNowMomsBusy on December 16, 2015 at 11:05 am

Your points about the special things you do and you think your kids do not know, like getting up early to do her hair perfect, and making special sandwiches – it reminds me of the things my mother did too. In our house there were some days when money was short in supply, so my mother would make sure we all had enough dinner before serving herself, just in case.

Then there was the year that she stayed up all night decorating a very special birthday cake for me. She thought I didn’t know, but I definitely did, and I will always remember, and so will your girls. 🙂

14. OurFamilyWorld on December 16, 2015 at 9:34 am

Making sure that all my kids have the things they need every single day makes me an unstoppable mom. I think we all are, so cheers!

15. Amy Desrosiers on December 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

Staying on task and exercising daily helps me to feel unstoppable. When I don’t stay on track I feel defeated!

16. Krista on December 16, 2015 at 8:13 am

I am an unstoppable mom as well. Our days sound so much the same. Even down to the waiting in the school line 45 min. before school gets out. It’s crazy!

17. Dogvills on December 16, 2015 at 6:18 am

I am an unstoppable mom. My kids are grown ups, but I still see to it that they have their breakfast every morning before they head out the door.

18. Cinny on December 16, 2015 at 2:57 am

Pushing on even when I’m worn out to make it through work, get groceries, manage our household, etc. Boy, we women take a lot on our hands, don’t we?

19. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on December 16, 2015 at 12:51 am

I’m very happy with my group of mom friends – we’re all unstoppable moms!

20. Shelley Zurek on December 15, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Unstoppable is not letting the world get me down. Smiling when I don’t feel like it. Picking myself up and starting all over again.

21. tiarasandtantrums on December 15, 2015 at 11:44 pm

I think I am a much better parent that I had – and I am setting a much better example. My kids are super happy and that means I am doing a great job!

22. Aimee Smith on December 15, 2015 at 10:15 pm

I love this. So much you do as a mom falls behind the scenes, it is easy to feel like it does’t matter. But, when I see the smile on my kids faces I know that being unstoppable is my only option!

23. Candy O on December 15, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Being an unstoppable mom means that if it’s a passion, we stop at nothing to make it happen. I’m an unstoppable advocate for my children.

24. Aubrey on December 15, 2015 at 10:34 pm

It’s hard being a mom. One of these days, when your girls have their own kids, they will probably appreciate all you do more

25. Elizabeth Lampman on December 15, 2015 at 8:56 pm

I love doing all the little things to make sure my kids have a great day. I like to leave little notes with their lunch. Moms have one of the hardest jobs in the world.

26. Ann Bacciaglia on December 15, 2015 at 8:54 pm

A lot of the things we do for our kids goes unnoticed. Once they become parents then they start to realize how much we did for them. I am going to check out unstoppablemoms.com and make a book cover for myself.

27. Miles L. on December 15, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Moms are really awesome! Their undying love and care for their children make them unstoppable.

28. Lisa Joy Thompson on December 15, 2015 at 7:58 pm

There are days when I feel mommy guilt creeping in and I have to remind myself that I am an unstoppable mom! I am creating memories and setting a great example for my kids! And as I tell my kids whenever one of those not-so-great moments happens, you’re probably going to go to therapy at some point in your adult life! At least you’ll have lots of funny stories to tell! 🙂

29. Shaun on December 15, 2015 at 6:55 pm

I hope I’m rocking the mom thing! Your girls will be moms too and love everything you do!

30. Danielle on December 15, 2015 at 6:46 pm

I am for sure an unstoppable mom. Whether it’s making sure my kids have their baths, are fed, have clean clothes to wear and actually put them on, or we’re having a fun day at the park, I make sure they have everything they need while still holding down everything else.

31. Marcie W. on December 15, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Being unstoppable to me means juggling work, motherhood, marriage and more without complaining. Life may be stressful at times, but knowing I am giving my kids the very best is so rewarding.

32. rochkirstin on December 15, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I always appreciate my mom’s work and also my dad because he’s the one preparing our breakfast while our mom cooks us lunch and dinner. It’s great that you also enjoy doing stuff for your child. Being a parent is tough.

33. Jeanine on December 15, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Amazing! Being an unstoppable mom to me means never stopping, always putting my kids first and their well-being first. Making sure they have a great childhood and life, and doing the best I can. No one can stop me from making sure my kids are #1!

34. Liz Mays on December 15, 2015 at 5:25 pm

It’s amazing what moms do for their kids every day! You definitely sound like and Unstoppable Mom to me!

35. Maggie Branch on December 15, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Within minutes of my son being born I remember thinking “wow, I am AWESOME!” Mothers are awesome. To me being unstoppable means doing everything in your power to get it right for everyone in addition to yourself, but also being strong enough to know when you really do need some help.

36. Pam on December 15, 2015 at 3:19 pm

I love that creating a storybook cover donates a book to a family in need. That is so sweet.

37. Shauna on December 15, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Yup, I believe I do all the same things… yet, they don’t realize and it is all okay with me 🙂 I love this idea of the storybook cover, by the way. So cool

38. Debra on December 15, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I love this. I’m unstoppable when it comes to my kids and family – unstoppable in protecting, caring and loving them all!

39. Melinda@LookWhatMomFound...andDadtoo on December 15, 2015 at 12:51 pm

as parents we make so many sacrifices that they’ll never be aware of. I tell my kids “just wait till you have kids” all the time

40. Jenna Wood on December 15, 2015 at 1:20 pm

I’ll have to share this storybook cover creator with my sister, she will love it, and I love the message it’s sponsoring. It’s touching that your daughter recognizes you as an unstoppable mom, she may never fully appreciate all the little things, but clearly you are appreciated!

41. Vera Sweeney on December 15, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I love the Unstoppable mom! My mom was one of those amazing moms and I hope my kids look back at me the same way when they are older.

42. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 15, 2015 at 12:29 pm

I love the Unstoppable mom thing that I’ve been seeing lately. We are all unstoppable, even when we don’t know it. This is such a sweet post.

43. Terri Ramsey Beavers on December 15, 2015 at 11:35 am

Being a mom is something that I’m most proud of. My kids are grown but I’d wake up so early to style their hair before getting myself ready for work.

44. Jeanette on December 15, 2015 at 11:14 am

That HAS to be the best christmas present ever! I would be a crying fool if my son did that. How wonderful!

45. Pam on December 15, 2015 at 10:07 am

The Unstoppable Mom thing is so sweet. We definitely need to hear that sometimes. I love that they Re donating a book to families in need too.

46. Seattle Travel Blogger on December 15, 2015 at 7:00 am

I am not a mom, but have 11 nieces and nephews, so I definitely have a lot of respect for you mothers out there.
    It certainly does look to be a thankless, difficult job at times to me!
    I can see that it can mean the world to a mother though for sure.
    My sister-in-law received a doctorate in cognitive psychology, but gave up her practice to be a mother of four amazing boys!

47. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 15, 2015 at 4:51 am

I definitely feel like I rock the mom thing. It’s not always easy, but my kids are going to look back and say they had an awesome childhood.