The Best Tech-Free Gifts For Kids – Qixels: The Cubes That Join With Water

My kids are really into digital games and videos. You could easily say because my husband and I are very tech oriented so are our kids. One thing we encourage with our girls is taking the time to create things and to play. That tech free time is important and I enjoy toys that we can do together.

It’s one of the reasons why we purchased our first set of Qixels when they released the original toy last year. Now they’ve come out with exciting new additions like a Turbo Dryer and Fuse Blaster.  Qixels Cubes Join With Water Gift For Kids HolidaysQixels is an activity set that inspires kids to use their imagination with cubes that fuse together with a blast of water. With the cubes little ones can create an 8-bit world of monsters, warriors, ninjas and whatever else they can imagine.  If you’re looking for a great tech free gift idea I might suggest Qixels. Our oldest daughter is really into Minecraft and so right away she connected to the 8-Bit world and started creating.

Check out our fun video –

You can use this Qixels demo for a how-to. Kai created a sword first using the Design Creator. Using the Turbo Blaster she had fun spraying her designs with water to fuse them together. Qixels Cubes Join With WaterOnce you’re ready to dry be sure to use the Turbo Dryer. The Turbo Dryer will fuse the designs in half the time! Kids can lay the Qixels out on the Fuser station, spray with water and close the lid. They’ll have a blast pressing the button and drying their creations in no time! Qixels Cubes Join With Water Building using dryerShe also used the Design Creator to create her own design. She decided to make her own Santa Claus to celebrate the holiday season. Qixels Cubes Connecting them with Water spray gunI think the Santa turned out really great and our girls had fun creating different things with their Qixels. You can find Qixels in the craft isle at your favorite toy store just like we found them at ours. Qixels Cubes Santa ClauseI like things that help our kids create and use their imagination. This is also a great gift that we can do together and all have fun creating.

You can find Qixels in stores nation wide and view the commercial to learn more.

What are your favorite non-tech related gifts for kids?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on December 3, 2015 at 11:36 pm

Qixels sounds like a great non-tech related gift for kids! I also love non-tech stuff that gets them outdoors like skates, bicycles etc. 🙂

2. ashleigh on December 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm

My son loves his Qixels, coming up with what to make is the most fun. I love getting my nieces science themed gifts.

3. Margarita Ibbott (@DownshiftingPRO) on December 3, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Come on… that is so cute. I love that it is low tech, crafty and that you only have to use water. Please make sure to post more of her creations they are adorable.

4. Shannon Gurnee on December 3, 2015 at 2:00 pm

This looks like an awesome product! I bet our kids would love these!

5. Tonya C on December 2, 2015 at 8:37 pm

That looks so cool. I bet my tween would love this.

6. Krystal on December 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm

My son is going to LOVE this. Getting it for him to open on Christmas morning!

7. Ann Bacciaglia on December 2, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Quixels is going to be a popular gift this Holiday season. It looks like so much fun to play with. It will be a great gift for my friends kids.

8. Crystal Lopez on December 2, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I have seen a lot of buzz about these things. My boys have already been asking for them this year. It is definitely something kids can really get creative with and have a lot of fun!

9. Tatanisha Pitts-Worthey on December 2, 2015 at 11:47 am

This looks like fun! This is something my boys would love and further develop their imagination and creativity.

10. OurFamilyWorld on December 2, 2015 at 11:33 am

That is totally cool. I’ve seen a lot of great reviews for this toy. I’ll be getting this for my nephew.

11. Angie on December 2, 2015 at 8:14 am

I’m seeing these everywhere this season! Maybe I need to get some for my godkids.

12. ricci on December 1, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Those Quixels look like a lot of fun!! I love toys that encourage creativity and this one looks perfect for that!!

13. Jeanine on December 1, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I just heard of this the other day and I think it sounds pretty fabulous. I think my kids would have a great time with this! Could be fun for the nights they claim they are so bored!

14. Liz Mays on December 1, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Oh these look like so much fun. It will be great to see what sorts of cool designs people make.

15. Ron on December 1, 2015 at 4:29 pm

my nephews and nieces will go crazy, is it expensive?

16. Jeanette on December 1, 2015 at 4:01 pm

My favorite non tech gift would be LEGO’s. I love what you can create with LEGOs it is all imagination.

17. lisa on December 1, 2015 at 3:27 pm

This looks like so much fun! I bet my kids would love to have this to make ornaments and things!

18. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 1, 2015 at 3:01 pm

I’ve never seen anything like that before. I think I’ll have to get this for my youngest. She loves any sort of building type toy.