Keeping Our Kids On Track With the Electronc Chore Board – Choroploy.

With the Holidays and New Year’s upon us, the kids are asking for the things they want, but also trying to be good to be on Santa’s nice list. My girls are not perfect. They have their moments and they have no problem sometimes not helping out when I ask them. While I may want to think that by telling them over and over, something will be done, the better choice is to find a system to work on helping them remember to do chores and other things to helps around the house.Kid using vacuum chore

With our oldest getting to those tween years, we never really made it a big deal that she could be doing more to help around the house. We go through the routine of paying her an allowance for chores, or a chore chart, and have even tried the whole yelling thing. It just hasn’t worked. While all our kids can be very helpful and when they want, can pick up a room and provide housekeeping services, it just is about getting them to do what is asked.

Choropoly Electronic Chore Chart Board

We were contacted by the creator of the electronic chore board “Choropoly.” This electronic board is designed to be used with wet erase markers and has a built in tracking systems to track chores, count bad choices, as well as keeping a tap on what she wants to get for earning points for chores.

Choropoly Electronic Chore Chart Board (4)

It is very simple. We came up with ideas for chores that she can and needs to do. They started simple with making her bed, cleaning her bathroom, picking up shoes, and more. We then thought of rewards she can earn. She came up with some things she liked and that and that would not break the bank. Next we listed some items that count as Fines, such as yelling at her sisters, not doing her homework and other things we can think of she needs to work on.

Choropoly Electronic Chore Chart Board (3)

She has done fairly well. It’s nice having an easy chart that we can keep track of the Chores she completes and that she can turn to know what needs to be done and we can tally at the end of the day.

Choropoly Electronic Chore Chart Board tracking

Choropoly is a fun way to make a chore list, keep rtack of it all including rewards or allowances while making it high tech.

Do you have a chore system in place at home?

1. Amy D on December 19, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I love this chore board! It is perfect for my three kiddos!

2. dawn on December 19, 2015 at 2:08 pm

what a great idea for keeping the kids on track. i am gonna share this with my firends with kiddies they will totally appreciate this.

3. Ashley - Embracing Homemaking on December 18, 2015 at 9:41 pm

It lights up!!! That is so cool!! I totally want one.

4. Ann Bacciaglia on December 18, 2015 at 9:15 pm

This is a great way to keep track of chores. I would have loved this when my kids were little. I will have to share this with my friends with younger kids.

5. Liz Mays on December 18, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Hey, that is such a cool chore board. A system like that would help incentivize the kids and it would help me keep track of the chores and earnings too.

6. Jeanette on December 18, 2015 at 7:40 pm

This is a good idea I think I need to get this for my son while he does his chores.

7. Mistee Dawn on December 18, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Oh this is so awesome! I definitely need to get one of these for my daughter!

8. Maggie Branch on December 18, 2015 at 7:04 pm

This is such a great way to get your child involved in their chores and have a more interactive approach to charting the chores completed and such. I wish we had this when I was a kid and had to do chores.

9. Shauna on December 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Oh my goodness, this is just such a great idea. I love this so much. This totally takes away my screaming about chores. So cool. Thanks for sharing.

10. Kelly Hutchinson on December 18, 2015 at 6:56 pm

This is so clever! It looks super easy to use. I need something like this to keep my kids on track with their chores.

11. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

An electronic chore board sounds incredible. I need this for my house. Keeping my kids on track is a challenge to say the least.