How To: Make a Homemade Snow Globe

We are doing so many things to get ready for the holidays. Being an active mom of three, I like to think that our family does a lot of fun activities. We also use and partner with brands that align to our needs and ideals as parents. We are happy to partner with Seventh Generation® as a brand ambassador. As always all opinions are our own. homemade snowglobe snowman deer old broken ornaments2

As we get closer to Christmas and my kids stay home from school this week I really wanted to create some fun activities that they could do. We could upcycle some of our old broken decor to create something fun and new.

First we started by cleaning some old jars from products we have finished. The key to getting the labels off the jars is to soak the jar in hot water and then scrub with soap. Both labels on the jars we were going to use came right off with this method.

In our kitchen I use Seventh Generation products throughout our home and their  Dish Liquid is a powerful formula that cuts through grease and stuck-on foods yet is gentle and safe when little hands pitch in to help. Seventh Generation natural dish liquid (2)

I discovered a few broken pieces in my Christmas decor this year but really didn’t think they should be thrown away. So we combined a broken reindeer with a broken tree and with a little hot glue it looks absolutely perfect. broken christmas figures

Since I really want to teach our girls to be kind to the plant and especially with this giving season give gifts that truly matter. This craft is just another way I get to show them they can be kind to the planet and we can make some great looking holiday decor along with memories! How To make  Snowglobe

I did the gluing and we used items we already had in our home. to create these.

Make Your Own Snow Globe –

• jars
  • glycerin
  • distilled water
  • hot glue & hot glue gun
  • Small Christmas decor

First add in the glitter, don’t put in too much! Then add in 10 drops of glycerin and fill with distilled water. Seventh Generation Snowglobes diy how toTighten the lid of the jar and flip over. Make sure to ill it as much as you can with water but leave a small space for water at the top. It’s so simple ad fun to create with your kids. Our girls enjoyed creating this fun craft and I think it’s a fun way to help break up the business of the season. homemade snowglobe snowman deer old broken ornaments4

You can find these and other Seventh Generation Dish Liquid products at your local retailers or online. Be sure to stay social with @SeventhGen on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.

What are your favorite winter crafts to do with your kids this time of year?

1. rochkirstin on December 25, 2015 at 12:52 am

I have always been curious how a snow globe is made. It’s a thing that makes me happy. My mom has one on her work table. I think it’s also great as a personalized gift to a friend.

2. Chanel | Cultural Xplorer on December 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm

What an adorable and great DIY project! This would be an especially fun project for my students to do this winter – I absolutely love it 😀

3. Amy Z. on December 22, 2015 at 1:15 pm

That’s such a great use for those broken decor pieces! I’ll have to remember not to throw mine away.

4. Alison on December 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Ahhh!! I love homemeade DIY decor and gifts for the holidays but the one thing I haven’t made yet is a snow globe! Why? I have no idea but I think this may be the motivation I needed to whip a couple out! Great job!

5. Autumn @Mamachallenge on December 22, 2015 at 10:59 am

That is a cute craft! I would love to make one for each of my kids.

6. Aubrey on December 22, 2015 at 10:31 am

My mom made something like this with my kids once. They turned out really cute and my kids loved them.

7. Melissa on December 22, 2015 at 10:19 am

These products look great and I have never tried them before but I have heard of them. I love your snow globe craft idea too. So cute, we did something similar a few years ago but I think we will have to try this one out too. Especially after I check out these products, I am really interested now. Thanks for sharing!

8. Liz Mays on December 22, 2015 at 8:26 am

I like the idea of using broken ornaments in this. We all find some of those every single year, so it makes sense to recycle them that way. They turned out really cute and will be little keepsakes each year now!

9. Jessica Beal Harlow on December 22, 2015 at 7:55 am

These are so cute! I think we might try making these during winter break from school. I know my kids would have fun creating their own snow globe and it’s a great winter craft not just for Christmas!

10. Aimee Smith on December 21, 2015 at 11:14 pm

These are so cute! My kids would love to make some! Maybe we should do that this week!

11. Meagan on December 21, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Seriously, SUCH a cute idea! My son will have so much fun making these snow globes!

12. Krystal on December 21, 2015 at 9:48 pm

I have always wondered how people do this! It looks like a LOT of fun and perfect for a Christmas eve activity!

13. Ann Bacciaglia on December 21, 2015 at 9:08 pm

I am going to try this with the kids this weekend. It is so cute. They would make great gifts.

14. Liz Mays on December 21, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Oh this is the best idea! They look amazing! This is a great way to upcycle.

15. Mistee Dawn on December 21, 2015 at 7:42 pm

We were actually going to make some of these last week but I thought it would be too hard! Now I think I have changed my mind! Thanks!

16. Kathy on December 21, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I love snow globes! I’ve always wanted to make one. These are so neat! Yours turned out very nice. This would be a great project with my daughters.

17. mya.k on December 21, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I did this when I was little. It is so much fun and the finished product is so cool.

18. Katie @ Recipe for Perfection on December 21, 2015 at 7:11 pm

That is brilliant. We have all kinds of broken stuff like that lying around, just waiting to be turned into a cool snowglobe. Thank you for the excellent Christmas inspiration.

19. Kelly Hutchinson on December 21, 2015 at 6:39 pm

What a great idea! I was just watching a show about snow globes. My kid would love to make these.

20. Kristen on December 21, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Oh I wish we had time to do this! I seriously am wishing this warm weather away!

21. Gingermommy on December 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Such a fun idea! I think we may make these tomorrow, I am sure I have all of the supplies

22. Tammilee Tips on December 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm

These are so cute!! !I love that you can make these any way you want to, I never would have thought they were this easy. This would be a great homemade gift to give for the holidays, and you can change it for any holiday too.

23. Jeanine on December 21, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Super cute. We made one of these a year or so ago for my daughters homeschooling. She had loads of fun doing it, and everyone seemed to love it!

24. Amber Edwards on December 21, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Oh my heart, those snowglobes are so cute! They would be a blast to make with my kids! They would love to personalize their own globe.

25. Tiffany on December 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Now this is definitely genius!! What a great way to recycle damaged ornaments and decor. I love how cute they came out!

26. Jeanette on December 21, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I have always wondered how to make these. This will be a fun project over to the holiday to make with my son!

27. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on December 21, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Oh, my kids LOVE snow globes. This is the perfect craft to do with them over the Christmas break. Thanks for sharing!

28. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on December 21, 2015 at 2:43 pm

These are so cute and festive. I had no idea that it was so easy to make, I know that I have always wanted to make my own. I would definitely use a lot of glitter, I used to love these as a kid.

29. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on December 21, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Those are so cute! I always wondered if we could make our own. Saving this for later.

30. Natalie on December 21, 2015 at 12:20 pm

What a cute (and easy!) upcycle project! I love finding things that are simple enough for me to do with my toddler, and, as long as I keep her away from the glue gun, I think we’d have a fun time doing this one!

31. Jenna Wood on December 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm

One of these years I’m going to do this- the kids would love it! Thanks for sharing the great tutorial!

32. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 21, 2015 at 11:58 am

This is one of the coolest DIYs I’ve seen. I can’t wait to make some of these with the kids. Thanks!

33. Jennifer on December 21, 2015 at 11:24 am

Those look so great! I’m making up all kinds of snow globes next year. Very cool!

34. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 21, 2015 at 11:04 am

That is a fun DIY project. I am sure my kids would love to make their own snowglobes.

35. Julie Wood on December 21, 2015 at 7:01 am

I want to make your awesome snowglobes. They look like so much fun to do with my niece and decorate and display them. We like to make Snowman crafts for the Holidays.