Getting Ready For The Holidays – Talking Family Traditions

mia christmasAs we get ready for the holidays I try to do everything I can to make sure my kids have the best Christmas. From baking cookies, to decking the Christmas tree I hope our girls have the same great memories of Christmas like I had.

Made from Mountain Grown® beans, the world’s richest and most aromatic. Folgers Classic Roast Coffee has been The Best Part of Wakin’ Up™ for more than 150 years. I am enjoying sipping on Folgers®, as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #FolgersFans

I remember each Christmas waking up to my Grandfather making a pot of Folgers® Classic Roast. The house would smell with the aroma of roasted coffee and we’d all know to start and wake up. If no one else woke up I remember getting a few alone to just talk with him. Folgers Coffee HolidaysMy Grandparents always drank a lot of coffee. On Christmas Eve we would bake cookies and my Grandfather would always make sure that my Grandmother had a warm cup. I find myself doing the same though, enjoying a hot cup of coffee while baking in the kitchen. It’s those same family memories that I know one day our girls will look back and remember.coffe cup with steamTo this day sugar cookies are a favorite for our girls. The old fashioned sugar cookie recipe is still alive in our house and this is one of our favorite recipes to make each Christmas.

Ingredients

• 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Folgers Coffee Christmas Sugar Cookies holiday bakingYou can get the full old fashioned sugar cookie recipe but once you have your cookie mix together you have a lot of things you can do with it. We decided to roll our mini Christmas tree cookies and it was a lot of fun to bake with my girls.sugar cookies cutouts I hope I am creating the same memories that my Grandmother created with me and that one day they will look back at these times as the good ones and that they are filled with the Christmas spirit too. mia and mommy baking kitchenI know that it’s important for each of my girls to have these special moments and the holidays allow us to have more time to enjoy these moments together. toddler making cookiesTo make these cookies we just baked them at 375°F. for 6 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. They need to be cooled for 15 minutes before eating.

I like smaller bite sized cookies. We can bring these to a holiday party or enjoy with hot chocolate by the fire. They’re simple and delicious and they’re even great for little hands!Christmas Sugar CookiesI think that as our girls continue to grow older I just want to spend time with them and as we continue to make our own family traditions I hope we can continue to have these wonderful times together. I hope that their childhood holidays are filled with the sweet aroma of coffee and sugar cookies just like mine was! Folgers Coffee Christmas Sugar Cookies holiday treats

Find your favorite Folgers flavors on their website, Twitter and Facebook.

What are your favorite holiday traditions?

1. Janet W. on December 17, 2015 at 3:33 am

I love to make cookies with my grandsons every year. Our favorite is to make gingerbread men and women cookies together!

2. shelly peterson on December 17, 2015 at 2:51 am

The kids love baking during the holidays, especially sugar cookies. I like that these are bite size.

3. Julie Wood on December 15, 2015 at 6:28 am

We love making our Holiday Sugar cookies every year and making hot chocolate and driving around and looking at the Christmas lights on the neighbors houses and our big tradition is getting the family together to pick out our tree.

4. Amber C. on December 13, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Family traditions are the best part of the season! We always make iced sugar cookies and decorate the tree to Christmas music!

5. Shannon Gurnee on December 10, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Sounds like you have some great family traditions girl! Love making cookies with our kids!

6. Crystal on December 10, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holidays. I love involving my kiddos in the kitchen. They’ll have a blast making these.

7. Christie on December 10, 2015 at 11:39 am

Love rolled sugar cookies with the kids! Can’t beat those age old tradition, especially with coffee in hand!

8. Ann Bacciaglia on December 10, 2015 at 10:40 am

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee is the best way to wake up in the morning. We love to spend a day baking all the goodies we will need for the holidays. I like to give tins of baked goods for gifts.

9. Raijean on December 9, 2015 at 9:31 pm

There’s nothing better than family and traditions. I love making cookies with my boychild.

10. Kristi on December 9, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Holiday traditions are so fun. Cookies, getting up early and having a big breakfast are all great memories. My Dad has always had a cup of Folgers® every morning for as long as I can remember.

11. Marcie W. on December 9, 2015 at 4:48 pm

We do a lot of baking around the holidays and I definitely consider it one of our traditions. We also go to the mountains to play in the snow and visit a local Christmas village.

12. Liz Mays on December 9, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Making cookies is definitely one of my favorite holiday traditions. It’s always nice to start the day with a nice cup of coffee too!

13. Debra on December 9, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Making gingerbread houses and making ornaments for our family members. Every year the kids pick out a project and make them for everyone on their lists.

14. Pam on December 9, 2015 at 9:53 am

Sugar cookies and coffee sounds like the perfect holiday combo. Especially if the coffee has lots of sugar, cream, and whipped cream!

15. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 9, 2015 at 9:40 am

Baking cookies is one of my most favorite things to do with the kids this time of year. It’s so much fun to play Christmas music and just bake away.

16. Lisa Joy Thompson on December 8, 2015 at 7:03 pm

I love the look on your daughter’s face when you’re rolling out the dough together! You can tell this is a memory she won’t forget!

17. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 8, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Our favorite tradition is making a huge breakfast on Christmas eve morning! So much fun!