3 Simple Holiday Travel Tips For Families During Cold Season

3simple-travel-tipsWe are all busy this time of year and it’s the worst time of year to get sick.  Traveling on a plane this holiday is only made worse when you are not feeling well. That’s why when you feel sick it’s best to stay prepared so you can easily have a remedy close by to get you feeling better and back to enjoying more time with your family.  I am a Vicks ambassador and was compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.

3 Simple Holiday Travel Tips For Families

1. Pack Smart – If you have a large family take the easy route and just check your bags. Your kids can take on small backpacks , make sure you take books and small toys to keep them comfortable. Hand sanitizer and wipes are your friend while traveling, be sure to pack some in their bags!
  2. Stay Prepared –  When you’re feeling sick you need to start to treat the cold or flu right away. Make sure to pack Vick’s NyQuil & DayQuil in your suitcase. Learn more about how to get rid of a cold.
  3. Rest – Rest is your friend so be sure to bring a comfortable pillow and blanket. When traveling with little ones it’s also great for nap time and keeping them comfortable. Traveling with three children I like to pack toys for them to stay engaged with, because after all parents don’t get sick days!

brooklin plane As, we head into cold and flu season it’s important to always stay aware and prepared. Vick’s NyQuil & DayQuil is something I like to pack in our travel bag.
DayQuil Severe contains a non drowsy pain reliever/fever reducer, nasal decongestant, cough suppressant and expectorant, all to temporarily relieve aches, fever, sore throat, nasal/sinus congestion and pressure, cough and chest congestion. It’s a staple in our suitcase! vicks travel2Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe are available at retail stores in the cold and flu treatment aisle. More information can be found at Vicks.com or @NyQuilDayQuil on Twitter! Click here for a coupon : spr.ly/NoSickDays.

What are your best tips for powering through a cold while traveling?

1. 人々が常に感じイギリス男の人がやっと紳士らしい、実は言えない。カルティエ時計コピー男も紳士らしい、代表のは1種の教養で、このような教養に国境はない。选択項は紳士特質の時計 on March 1, 2016 at 2:44 pm

人々が常に感じイギリス男の人がやっと紳士らしい、実は言えない。カルティエ時計コピー男も紳士らしい、代表のは1種の教養で、このような教養に国境はない。选択項は紳士特質の時計との組み合わせが重要、私たちをよく見てこのと紳士腕時計の徳制ゲーラ苏蒂Observer 1911。

2. Birdiebee on December 28, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Thank you for the great tips as members of my family always travel during the holidays.

3. kiwi on December 28, 2015 at 1:44 pm

DayQuil is awesome! Its a definitely travel must have for the colder seasons and for traveling!

4. Ashleigh on December 27, 2015 at 10:47 pm

What a brilliant idea to bring items for colds. Something I never would have though of.

5. Shannon Gurnee on December 27, 2015 at 8:34 pm

These are definitely some great travel tips for families during cold season! I always make sure to have medicines on hand when we’re traveling.

6. Audrey McClelland on December 26, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Such great travel tips!!!
    XO

7. April Grant on December 26, 2015 at 8:51 am

Thankfully, I don’t recall having to travel while sick, so I don’t know what I would do. These tips will be helpful if it happens.

8. Lynndee on December 26, 2015 at 9:02 am

Thankfully, we’ve never gotten sick during our travels. But I’ll remember your tips. Next time, I will pack Vick’s NyQuil & DayQuil in my suitcase.

9. Annemarie LeBlanc on December 24, 2015 at 5:07 am

These are all smart travel tips! Whenever me and my family travel, I always make sure I have a small pouch bag filled with emergency medicines. Better prepared than sorry.

10. Linda Carmical on December 23, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I totally agree with your smart travel tips! I also make sure to wash my hands often!

11. Katherine G on December 23, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Dayquil/Nyquil are my go to medicines when I get sick. Other than that I try to drink plenty of water and wear the appropriate clothes.

12. MJ L on December 23, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Great tips for traveling! Plane travel really stinks when you are sick! Having a little travel case filled with the right items would be so helpful!

13. Chasing Joy on December 23, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I just got a cold. Rest is on the top of my priority list. But things keep popping up.

14. Christie on December 23, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Thank you for these awesome travel tips! I definitely can tend to get sick, especially on long flights. Great to have the right supplies

15. Tracey on December 23, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Travelling when sick is the worst, especially with kids. These are fantastic tips!

16. Ann Bacciaglia on December 23, 2015 at 11:00 am

I always travel with a few different types of medicine. I keep hand sanitizer in my bag at all times.

17. Crystal Lopez on December 23, 2015 at 9:15 am

Great tips for travel. Packing can be such a headache with a large family like mine and it really becomes the focus of getting everyone out the door!

18. Brandy on December 23, 2015 at 7:15 am

Traveling during the sickies season which translates into holiday season usually is not so much fun. Thanks for some tips on how to travel!

19. Melinda on December 23, 2015 at 5:33 am

I have a bag I always have ready to pack for when we go away. It never fails that someone gets sick when we are away form home

20. April Mims on December 23, 2015 at 4:15 am

We like staying home during the holidays so we avoid flying. These are great tips to stay healthy when your risk of germs is so much higher.

21. Theresa on December 22, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I always have sanitizer wipes in my purse for traveling. My kids make fun of me, but I think they should thank me for keeping them healthy during cold and flu season!

22. ricci on December 22, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I am traveling next week so I will take any tips I can get! Thanks!!

23. Latoicha on December 22, 2015 at 7:36 pm

My tips are to drink a lot of herbal tea and honey. Plus take a lot of Vitamin C.

24. Liz Mays on December 22, 2015 at 6:15 pm

These are really helpful travel tips. I’d like to go on a trip soon and I’d like to take every precaution so I don’t get sick.

25. Sarah Bailey on December 22, 2015 at 5:44 pm

These are some fantastic tips – I am awful at packing smartly I always pack way to much. x

26. Marcie W. on December 22, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Being prepared while traveling is always a smart idea. I think loading up on extra vitamins before venturing off would be helpful too!

27. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 22, 2015 at 5:01 pm

I hate getting sick when I travel. It is definitely smart to be prepared.

28. Lisa Joy Thompson on December 22, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I’m currently on vacation and desperately wishing I had packed some DayQuil and NyQuil. I’m sick as can be! If I can summon up the strength to get out of bed and change out of my pajamas, I’m going to head to the pharmacy to pick some up!

29. Terri Beavers on December 22, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I need to learn to stay better prepared when it comes to packing medicine. I’ll have to print out your travel tips and put them in my luggage so when we travel they will be a reminder of what I need to pack.

30. Sarh S on December 22, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I think medicine is the biggest thing we forget to pack, except for the epipen and inhaler. We will be traveling from WI to FL soon with three littles, it’ll be exciting, but I know I’ll forget important things.

31. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on December 22, 2015 at 1:20 pm

If I get a cold while I’m traveling, I hit the vitamin C and fluids hard. That can really help shorten it for me.

32. Pam on December 22, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Staying prepared is the most important. I try to think of anything and everything.

33. Jeanette on December 22, 2015 at 11:27 am

I swear that we always get sick after a flight so this is a great idea to bring with. I never really thought about it before.