Simmered In Tradition – Easy Meatballs and Spaghetti

As a family we want to create traditions and lasting memories with our children. Mealtime is especially important for our family, it’s the time of year that we gather together and enjoy meals together as a family. We are happy to partner with Ragu on this post.
Clorox Family Spaghetti Dinner Cleanup
Families are important to a company like Ragu. Founder Assunta, was an immigrant – her entrepreneurial spirit, and strict sauce standards that she demanded were passed down generation over generation. This is a sauce to be celebrated and to be used make your own traditions and that’s exactly what we do.

My husband is an extremely hands on father, having three girls hasn’t stopped him form jumping right in. He often involves our girls in making dinner and one of the things they wanted to make this week an meatballs. Homemade Kids Meatballs (3)

Spaghetti is a favorite in our house so making meatballs and a salad just adds to the meal. I can easily say this is one meal we have each week and it’s quite the tradition for our family now.

Easy Meatballs

• 1 lb ground beef
  • 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • season to liking with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings

Since our girls enjoy cooking it’s nice to get their little hands involved in making meals. Meatballs are easy because you just mi everything together in a bowl. Homemade Kids Meatballs (4)Our girls really enjoyed rolling these into balls, and it was fun to really use their hands for a meal.
Homemade Kids Meatballs (5)Then you just cook them in your sauce for 30 minutes until the insides are 360 degrees. Homemade Meatballs cooked in sauceServe with your favorite sides and a salad topped on spaghetti noodles! Traditional Spaghetti Meatball Homemade Dinner By KidsJust like Ragu’s long standing traditions our family tries to create our very own.

Enter To Win!

There is a sweeps contest running on Food.com. Ready. Set. Cook! challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes featuring Ragu sauce plus a set list of other ingredients.  Go to Ready. Set. Cook! and enter today!

What are your family’s favorite mealtime traditions?

1. Laura J on November 26, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Oh those look so easy to make! We love meatballs, but I have not made them for years! I have to try these! So fun for spaghetti!

2. annette anderson on November 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm

I usually buy already made meatballs , but after seeing how easy these are to make, I am going to give your recipe a try.

3. Betsy Rubendall Barnes on November 16, 2015 at 2:17 pm

One of my family’s favorite mealtime traditions is we take turns sharing with other about our day. 🙂

4. Kiwi on November 16, 2015 at 9:18 am

Homemade meatballs are the best! I love how the kids helped out in the kitchen how cute.

5. Shannon Gurnee on November 15, 2015 at 7:09 pm

We love using Ragu in our family and use it in a lot of recipes! It’s become part of our family traditions when it comes to food.

6. Tracey on November 13, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Those look so good. Nothing beats meatballs from scratch and Ragu!

7. Dandi D on November 13, 2015 at 11:57 am

We really enjoy making Italian food in our family!

8. Janet W. on November 13, 2015 at 8:16 am

Your spaghetti and meatballs meal looks absolutely delicious!! We love to use Ragu sauce, too!

9. Julie Wood on November 13, 2015 at 7:35 am

We just made Spaghetti and meatballs last week with Ragu! Ragu is the best tasting sauce to make spaghetti with. Your kids did a good job with the meatballs!

10. Rose on November 13, 2015 at 4:47 am

Your meal looks amazing and your kiddos are cute. That dessert though would be calling my name the whole way through dinner, lol. That looks great.

11. Crystal on November 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm

We have certain nights designated for special meals (breakfast for dinner one night a week). Meatballs & spaghetti are a crowd pleaser so we have those quite a bit also.

12. Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way on November 12, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I love that you include your girls in preparing dinner. I love quick and easy meals for my family. Thanks for sharing!

13. shelly peterson on November 12, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I have never made home made meatballs before. These seem really easy to make and fun to have the kids help. We will have to make these with the kids.

14. Chasing Joy on November 12, 2015 at 2:59 pm

That’s awesome your hubby is in the Kitchen with his girls. My dad taught me to cook breakfast.

15. Elena on November 12, 2015 at 11:47 am

It’s so cool that your girls love cooking

16. Jeanine on November 12, 2015 at 8:44 am

Yum. What I wouldn’t do for Spaghetti and Meatballs right now. That looks so good.

17. Kelly Hutchinson on November 12, 2015 at 9:43 am

Isn’t it great to have the kids in the kitchen? I love to see their faces when they create something they can eat!

18. Onica{MommyFactor} on November 11, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Oh my goodness, this is really perfect this coming holiday of Christmas! I’m sure my family would love this.

19. Jennifer on November 11, 2015 at 7:20 pm

I’ve never made my own meatballs from home. This looks super easy and so fun for the kids!

20. Christie on November 11, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Nothing says family comfort food like spaghetti and meatballs! What a delicious recipe and fun kitchen memories!

21. Maureen on November 11, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Those meatballs look so good. Spaghetti and meatballs is one of our favorite family meals.

22. Liz Mays on November 11, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Yum! This is such a classic and it’s always delicious with Ragu. It looks like the girls had fun!

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 11, 2015 at 1:41 pm

We make spaghetti and meatballs together all the time. The best is throwing some diced green pepper into them.

24. Pam on November 11, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I love spaghetti and meatballs! I need to make them for dinner soon.

25. Theresa on November 11, 2015 at 1:28 pm

We love to make our own meatballs too! And, Ragu is always at the top of our grocery list!