“Protect California” Is A Message Our Kids Are Sharing

We partnered with Tailgate Clothing to share these cute t-shirts with meaning and fun vintage messages and images!

Fashion is such the thing these days. From adults and women’s accessories, to everything with lights and wings for kids, there is so much these days. While somethings are interesting and neat, it seems many things are wasteful and have little or no meaning. A popular trend these days is to make a statement, so why not do it with fashion!

vintage t-shirt

Our daughters recently were sent a pair of Tailgate Clothing T-Shirts for kids. These cute T-Shirts have more than just a cool design or cute graphic. They are t-shirts with a message.

Tailgate Kids Vintage t shirts (1)

Kaila and Brooklin both picked out the “Protect California” and “Protect Our Forests.” Being California transplants from Oregon, we love California but we also think that more people should do and be aware of the natural resources we have here and how fragile they are becoming. With forest dwindling from bark beetles and forest fires and waterways being polluted by our wastewaters from homes and streets, the water and environment need to be protected.

Tailgate Kids Vintage t shirts (5)

My daughters have their own respect for nature, not necessarily one I have pushed onto them. Why sure I support protecting the environment from entire destruction and animal extinction, they have been to many places and they have seen a lot to have their own thoughts of issues. From seeing all kinds of plants, animals, terrains, to living between 2 major cities; Los Angeles and San Diego, it’s not hard to realize how easily nature can be replaced with buildings and development.

Tailgate Kids Vintage t shirts (4)

Santa Rosa Plateau in the Santa Ana Mountains

With fire dangers high, Kaila felt that sharing the message of Smokey Bear and “Protect Our Forest” maybe remind some people.

Tailgate Kids Vintage t shirts Fire Danger High Smokey Bear sign

Tailgate Kids T-Shirts offer a wide range of clothing and styles from California themed, beach and Hawaiian themed shirts, with everything in between like dragons, Evel Knievel, and so much more. The fun vintage shirts go great to remember a trip, show off one’s attitude, or maybe a supporter of the Great Smoky Mountains, Lake Tahoe, or Coney Island.

Tailgate Kids Vintage t shirts Protect California Santa Monica Mountains

Brooklin picked the Protect California Yosemite National Park from our trips there. Plus, she loves bears and wants to keep California beautiful.

yosemite valley winter with kids family

The shirts are high quality soft cotton with nice stitching that accents the image. These cute vintage t-shirts for kids are great for a holiday gift or for a fun road trip, or just to switch it up. Vintage is fun for a reason, it offers something that is tried and proven. Check out Tailgate Clothing’s selection of vintage and popular logo clothing for adults and children.

1. Toni | BoulderLocavore on November 13, 2015 at 7:53 am

Being an ex-Californian I completely understand your concerns! These shirts are super cute with a vintage vibe and I love that they help raise awareness too.

2. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on November 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Statement tees are great, something for everyone! I used to love taking tree shots when I was young, too bad there was no Instagram back then! LOL

3. Anjanette @MommaYoung on November 9, 2015 at 6:59 am

It looks absolutely amazing there. We live in Reno and love our trips to the sierras. It is so important that folks head those fire warnings. It really is dry up there.

4. Raijean on November 8, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I love when people take up for their land! This is amazing, I’m so proud of you guys

5. Amber C. on November 8, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Education about important issues like this are very important for the future! My son would love that tshirt!

6. Christie on November 6, 2015 at 3:07 pm

I’ve always loved that message! Such cute shirts and little models you have there!

7. Toni | Boulder Locavore on November 6, 2015 at 10:34 am

I think these shirts spread such a great message. Also, the vintage design would attract a younger audience as well.

8. Kiwi on November 6, 2015 at 10:32 am

I loved Smokey the bear as a kid I remember the commercials! You daughter is an awesome model she is working it!

9. Kelly Hutchinson on November 5, 2015 at 7:05 pm

You guys are such an inspiration for being so passionate about this cause. Love the shirts!

10. Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way on November 5, 2015 at 5:27 pm

I love that it is a throwback to my childhood and giving a positive message in the mean time. People forget how important it is to protect the forest.

11. Crystal on November 5, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Those are so cute! I need to send one to my nephew in California. It’s the right style and just the right message.

12. Rose on November 5, 2015 at 3:31 pm

The t-shirt your daughter has on is nice. You guys do a lot of great things over there!

13. Donna on November 5, 2015 at 9:23 am

I love the shirts! Your pictures are fantastic.

14. Marcie W. on November 5, 2015 at 8:08 am

Growing up in Nevada meant visiting California quite often and that only increased once I married a California native. It is so important to protect and care for nature.

15. Theresa on November 5, 2015 at 6:59 am

I love the shirt and how they have such great messaging on them! I always loved Smokey the Bear campaigns, so that tee shirt would be my pick too!

16. Ann Bacciaglia on November 4, 2015 at 10:47 pm

This is an amazing campaign. I love the shit. It is so important to protect our earth.

17. Elizabeth Lampman on November 4, 2015 at 10:46 pm

These look like great t shirts. That is an amazing tree in your photo.

18. Meagan on November 4, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Sounds like an awesome campaign! It really is important to do what we can to protect this beautiful earth.

19. Chasing Joy on November 4, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Vevry beautiful pictures. This looks like a neat place ot visit.

20. Kristi on November 4, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Our girls love those kind of shirts. They aren’t into pink and sparkly,,,,they like shirts to have a statement about things they believe in. Tailgate Clothing will be a great place to get some holiday shopping done.

21. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 4, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I think it is so important to protect our earth from forest fires! What a great campaign!

22. Liz Mays on November 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm

I love the shirts you picked out! It’s awesome that you guys are so passionate about protecting the forests in your new home state!

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Educating our kids about forest fires is so important. All it takes is one lapse in judgement to cause serious damage.

24. Pam on November 4, 2015 at 3:03 pm

We do everything we can to prevent forest fires! There have been so many lately.