Lessons Learned From My Aunt #MyUnstoppableMom

There are so many things that the unstoppable women in my life have taught me. My Great Grandmother was such a kind woman, she taught me love and acceptance at an early age. She loved openly and deeply and that’s one of the things I also see in my Aunt Mea.

Mea is one of those people that you meet and want to spend more time with, she lives her life openly and loves deeply. She’s not afraid to be who she is and in many ways has inspired me to become the person I am today.

aunt mea reading One of the things that my Aunt Mea taught me is to be silly especially when it comes to being a mother. Having fun and laughing together is something I often see her do with my children and she inspires me to do the same and be silly and funny with them. She’s also great at communicating and has taught me to open up and talk about how I feel. That’s one thing that’s helped me as a wife, a friend and as a mother. meaHer spirit of adventure and life is one that I see in my girls and I hope they never lose that. They appreciate the beauty in art and in nature, just like she does. When I struggle in my life she has always been truly there for me and as my children get older I hope they can always turn to me like I have been able to turn to her.

There are often special women who come into our lives for one reason or another. Not having a mother myself I’m truly inspired by the courageous women who walked into my life and stood by my side, through my good days and bad. It’s that kind of love that inspires me as a mother and I am eternally grateful for all the ways she has impacted my life in a positive way. brookieand kristinBeing an unstoppable mom is something I never imagined my kids would say about me but I hope they can always feel just how much I love them and that I am so proud of them. Being a mother is my greatest joy and I hope to live by many of the things that Mea has inspired me to be.

Thanks to Children’s MOTRIN® we are are supporting literacy for those in need with MyUnstoppableMom.com. you can log onto their website and create your very own My Unstoppable Mom book cover with your kids. You might remember the cover that Brooklin made for me.

Join Us For A Twitter Party!

Join us for a #MyUnstoppableMom Twitter party on on December 3, at 12:00 p.m. ET to talk advice and inspiration for parenting! RSVP at vite.io/themotherhoodchats Kelly_BloggingMoms_with logo

Creating your own My Unstoppable Mom storybook cover will also become a donation to another unstoppable mom in need and her family. It’s such an easy way to give back to other unstoppable moms and their families so please head on over and create your very own storybook cover!

I’d love to know, who has impacted your life and what makes them unstoppable to you?

I have been compensated by, and received information and materials from, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.

*Between November 2, 2015 and December 17, 2015, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® invite legal residents of the 50 U. S.  & D.C., 18 and older, to create a storybook cover on MyUnstoppableMom.com. Each eligible submission will trigger a donation from Children’s MOTRIN® of one (1) book to a family in need, via Reach Out and Read, with a minimum donation of 10,000 books ($17,500 value) and a maximum of 25,000 books ($24,000 value), through its partnership with Scholastic. See Official Rules at for complete details.  For information about Reach Out and Read, visit http://www.reachoutandread.org/.

1. lexie on December 2, 2015 at 2:26 pm

What a truly wonderful woman that you have in your life! I absolutely love this and the unstoppable moms!

2. Raijean on November 30, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Love this and I love Kelly Ripa. Love that your aunt has taught you so many amazing things.

3. Jennifer on November 29, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Your aunt sounds like an absolutely wonderful role model! Both my mom & mother in law are definitely unstoppable moms!

4. Caroline F on November 29, 2015 at 10:00 pm

There are a couple women in my life who have taught me important lessons. I would not be who I am without learning from them.

5. Elizabeth L on November 29, 2015 at 9:59 pm

What a fantastic program. I love the idea of thanking and acknowledging those that have nade an impact in our lives.

6. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on November 29, 2015 at 7:02 am

My mom is definitely un-stoppable, cancer has tried to stop her TWICE, both times ‘end stage’ and she kicked cancer’s @$$ each time with humor, grace and faith!

7. Marielle Altenor on November 28, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Your aunt sounds like an amazing person! It’s always great when we have these types of people in our lives. Makes living that much sweeter!

8. Dogvills on November 28, 2015 at 10:37 pm

What a beautiful post. We learn so much from the women in our family. It’s from my grandma and mom that I learned so much.

9. Stephanie on November 28, 2015 at 5:54 pm

I just love this campaign! Inspiring women who are unstoppable are so important to life up and share with everyone.

10. Krystal on November 28, 2015 at 5:00 pm

I’m trying to make it to that twitter party! I love the message of this campaign!

11. Shelley Zurek on November 28, 2015 at 12:02 pm

My mom and my daughter are both unstoppable women. Alas, cancer stopped my mom but her spirit lives on in me and my daughter.

12. dawn on November 28, 2015 at 10:11 am

i am a total believer of it takes a village. i feel like i have 3 moms and 2 grannies. I have my mom, aunt and step-mom and they all give me what i need in different areas and then I had both my grannies before they passed.

13. ricci on November 28, 2015 at 9:30 am

Aunts are just the best!! I love my nieces and nephews and I can’t wait until they are older and will remember all of the fun we have!!

14. Nicole Escat on November 28, 2015 at 8:13 am

We’ve always learned about life, it’s so nice to know that there are your auntie to guide you in the right way.

15. Miles L. on November 28, 2015 at 7:49 am

We all have someone who has made a big impact in our lives. I admire the character of your aunt. I hope we can also serve as positive examples to the younger generation.

16. Onica {Mommy Factor} on November 28, 2015 at 6:48 am

Really Great post, Its nice having a mother that remind you on what is right and what is wrong. I do really love my Mom and My Grandmother. I owe a lot to them.

17. Aubrey on November 27, 2015 at 10:43 pm

She sounds like an amazing person. I have always looked up to my grandma.

18. Vera Sweeney on November 27, 2015 at 9:46 pm

These women sound like amazing women to have in your life! I know I would be lost with out my mother in my life.

19. Kristi on November 27, 2015 at 9:23 pm

My world has changed so much since I became a mom. Could never have imagined what life would be like. Thankfully our kids have many different moms… some related and some are friends because it takes a village to raise kids.

20. Heather on November 27, 2015 at 9:06 pm

It’s amazing what kind of impact women can have on their families. I hope I am doing a good job by my boys, and sometimes I am run down and tired. But years from now I hope they appreciate the life I tried to give them. Great campaign.

21. Shauna on November 27, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Your Aunt sounds like an amazing woman. I have always been in awe of women like her, that everyone just wants to be around 🙂 And that twitter party sounds great. Thanks for sharing

22. Kelly Hutchinson on November 27, 2015 at 6:49 pm

My Gram was a huge influence in my life. She taught me how to put on make up and to drink Diet Coke! I miss her so much!

23. Shell on November 27, 2015 at 6:14 pm

What a wonderful aunt. She seems like she taught you so many wonderful things. It’s always great to carry traditions and family traits over to our children.

24. Erica Brooks on November 27, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Your Aunt Mea sounds like a great woman. I’m sure with the example she has set for you you will be an unstoppable mom.

25. Jaime Nicole on November 27, 2015 at 5:39 pm

It’s really great that you had that bond with your mom! My grandmother was my unstoppable woman.

26. Terry on November 27, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Awww… how nice that your Aunt has inspired you so much. She sounds like a wonderful woman. I bet she loves reading this post you wrote.

27. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on November 27, 2015 at 5:27 pm

My mom is unstoppable. I learned everything I know from her!

28. Crystal on November 27, 2015 at 4:55 pm

My mom is unstoppable! She does everything for everyone. I wish I had her positivity about a full to-do list.

29. Megan Elford on November 27, 2015 at 4:17 pm

I love this idea! I’m going to show the site to my kids – they’ll have a blast!

30. Stacie on November 27, 2015 at 1:30 pm

It’s amazing what an impact the women in our families can have on us. Our elders can teach us so much.

31. Cristi Comes on November 27, 2015 at 1:14 pm

My mom is definitely unstoppable when it comes to her unconditional love. And my Grandma was unstoppable with always sharing her life lessons about health. She lived to almost 100 so I always listened!

32. Rachel on November 27, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Sounds like a great Twitter party. I’m going to try and make it. And your aunt sounds like a great woman.

33. Ora Lee Gurr on November 27, 2015 at 11:10 am

It’s fun to have a family of unstoppable moms. There are so many inspirational, loving women in my family, as well as incredible, supportive men. Thanks for sharing Aunt Mea and her love and compassion.

34. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 26, 2015 at 4:43 pm

My mom and my sister have had a big impact on me over the years. I’ve learned so much just watching them both be mothers!

35. Brett Martin on November 26, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I think all of us would love to have an Aunt Mea in their life! I agree with her about being silly!

36. Janis @MommyBlogExpert on November 26, 2015 at 12:52 pm

What a wonderful aunt, thanks for sharing your story. As the mom of 4 kids all born within a year when my kids were little I ALWAYS kept Motrin on hand.

37. Autumn @Mamachallenge on November 26, 2015 at 11:51 am

My mother and aunt had a huge impact on my life. And I am so thankful for them! That sounds like a great Twitter party.

38. Jeanine on November 26, 2015 at 7:49 am

Love this! My mom passed away when I was 16 but had the most impact on my life thus far. This sounds like a great party!

39. Toni on November 26, 2015 at 8:07 am

What a heartwarming campaign. And your personal story too is very moving in multiple ways.

40. Danielle on November 26, 2015 at 8:05 am

My mother has had a big impact on my life. Through thick and thin she has always stood her ground and been an amazing role model. I definitely would not be the person I am today without guidance from her.

41. Mistee Dawn on November 26, 2015 at 12:14 am

Your aunt sounds like one amazing lady. I’m so glad you have her in your life.

42. Vera Sweeney on November 25, 2015 at 11:04 pm

My mom has made such an impact in my life!! It is amazing what the women in our lives can teach us.

43. Jennifer on November 25, 2015 at 10:22 pm

sounds like a great party! I hope I don’t miss it. I honestly, cannot say I have someone in my life that has impacted my life but I hope my kids will say that about me when they’re older.

44. Jennifer Sikora on November 25, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Your aunt sounds like an amazing woman. In my life, my mother in law has made the most impact on me.

45. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 25, 2015 at 6:39 pm

It’s always nice when you can have a family member that has such a great impact on you. Your aunt sounds like a lovely person.

46. Ann Bacciaglia on November 25, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I will have to head over and create my own Unstoppable Mom storybook cover. I will have to share this with other Moms i know.

47. Liz Mays on November 25, 2015 at 6:02 pm

This is so sweet. My sister is an unstoppable mom that inspires me. She’s always there for me!

• Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 25, 2015 at 8:36 pm

It’s always nice to have someone that is always there for you. That is a bond that cannot be broken!

48. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on November 25, 2015 at 5:00 pm

My great-grandmother and grandmother both impacted my life greatly. Neither one of them are still living but I keep everything they taught me close to my heart.

49. Jeanette on November 25, 2015 at 4:43 pm

There are so many people that have had an impact on my life. It is hard to choose who. My grandma because she came from nothing with 6 kids and made it all work.

50. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on November 25, 2015 at 4:37 pm

My mom and my sister. They have made my life so much richer!

51. Mea Metzger on November 25, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Thank you so much Kristin! You know you have inspired me as well! Seeing how far you and Delfino have come and what great parents you both are is truly awe inspiring! Love you all so much!

52. Jody @ Mommy Moment on November 25, 2015 at 1:04 pm

My grandma impacted my life in ways that can not be put into words. She was my best friend, my role model, my person. I never thought I would be able to live after she was gone, but I will always have her memories and the example she was to me helped me become who I am today, even though her time on earth was too short in my opinion, I am so blessed for the time I did have her. Not everyone is so lucky to have such an incredible woman in their life.

53. Pam on November 25, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I love this post so much. We can learn so much from our moms and other female family members.

54. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 25, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Both my mom and my grandmother had a huge impact on my life. They still do!

55. Jennifer on November 25, 2015 at 12:33 pm

This sounds like it’s going to be a great party. It’s amazing what an impact our mothers can have on us.