Holiday Decorating – String Your Own Popcorn Garland #FunSideOut

pop secret popcorn
I can not believe we are getting ready for the holidays. It’s been cold and rainy here in southern California so we wanted to have a little fun to get ready for the holiday season. Of course we do a lot of snacking so keeping around favorite like Pop Secret Popcorn is a must for our family.

It also happens to be the inspiration for our simple holiday craft idea. A simple and traditional popcorn garland. We had fun creating the garland and I got to tell our girls about how generations before us used to decorate their homes. We got to imagine we were from another time with a simple tree decoration and it’s those moments that create lasting memories for our girls. popcorn garland craft All you need to do is start by tying one end to a paper clip and secure it so you can string the popcorn. It also makes a great hook to secure the popcorn to the tree. popcorn garland with paper clipI might suggest using a needle and thread so you can delicately string the popcorn. It easily can break so the needle helps it get through the popcorn. popcorn garlandOnce you’re all done you just hang it on the tree. popcorn garlad

Create and share your own Fun Side Out Projects and submit the photos to the Pop Secret Facebook page or Instagram via the campaign hashtag #FunSideOut for a chance to win a year’s supply of Pop Secret PopcornRemember for entries they have to include both popcorn and a paper clip.

What’s your favorite popcorn craft project?

1. Britni on November 9, 2015 at 10:42 am

This looks like a great holiday craft to do with kids. I was thinking I should do this for our tree this year then reality hit. We have a dog, a big dog, and I am sure he would try to eat all of the popcorn!

2. Tiany - Social Savvy Mom on November 7, 2015 at 12:39 pm

One traditional Christmas craft that I have never attempted to do, I’m afraid my dogs would eat the tree, I love the way it looks though, very pretty!

3. Clarissa on November 7, 2015 at 8:04 am

My kids would love to do something like this!

4. Rose on November 7, 2015 at 4:41 am

We have strugn popcorn before but not for years. I bet my youngest would like it.

5. Yona Williams on November 6, 2015 at 5:01 pm

I wonder where the concept of making popcorn garlands came from in the first place. I’ve never done it before, but I bet it smells nice.

6. Marielle Altenor on November 6, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I haven’t made popcorn garland in years! I need to try making it this year because my son has never done it before. Would be a nice family activity to do together.

7. Rebecca Swenor on November 6, 2015 at 11:58 am

This sounds like a great activity to do with my nieces kids. When my boys were younger we used to do this. We love Pop Secret butter popcorn.

8. Michele D on November 6, 2015 at 9:17 am

Popcorn garland is always fun it’s messy. I try to stay away from it but I always admired those who do it.

9. Tatanisha Pitts-Worthey on November 6, 2015 at 9:17 am

Never made this before but this looks like a yummy idea. We love popcorn, we might as well try this!

10. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on November 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I have never crafted with them, I just eat them! 🙂

11. Jeanine on November 5, 2015 at 4:37 pm

We love making this too! We haven’t in a long while, so this looks like something we will have to do this year! My kids will love it!

12. Erin on November 5, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Ive never tried doing this and I dont know why! It seems so traditional!

13. Lynndee on November 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I had no idea you can actually use popcorn for a craft project, but I’ve never been a “crafty” person. 🙂 Thanks for the idea though. So cute!

14. lisa on November 5, 2015 at 11:25 am

I forgot about stringing popcorn! We used to do it every year when I was little. It was so much fun…eating and stringing!

15. Chubskulit Rose on November 5, 2015 at 10:22 am

What a clever idea. I think the popcvorn won’t work for me though, I love popcorn and I might just be tempted to eat everytime I walk by, lol.

16. Brandi @ penguinsinpink.com on November 5, 2015 at 8:51 am

This looks like a lot of fun! I have never made popcorn garland but I think we might need to make some this year.

17. Melissa on November 5, 2015 at 9:11 am

We have a tradition at our house to watch The Polar Express and string popcorn while watching. I love this time of year!

18. Crystal Lopez on November 5, 2015 at 9:09 am

I love this. Popcorn stringing is so much for fun for my boys and my youngest often times makes it into a snack while we decorate!

19. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane on November 5, 2015 at 8:41 am

How fun! I can’t remember the last time I made popcorn garland. We may have to pop some up and make some fun and traditional style garland this year.

20. jenni Eaves on November 5, 2015 at 7:52 am

My son and I do this every year. Not only is it fun, but it’s also a great tool to help with motor skills.

21. Ourfamilyworld on November 5, 2015 at 7:20 am

I’ve never tried doing this because I know it’s time-consuming. It’s beautiful, though.

22. Jennifer on November 4, 2015 at 7:36 pm

super cute but wow that’s a lot of work… and I would just rather eat the popcorn LOL. I think by the time I finished I would have probably eaten more than half of the bowl of popcorn.

23. Liz Mays on November 4, 2015 at 5:47 pm

This is such a cool diy decoration. It’s one that’s easy for the kids to help out with too!

24. Jeanette on November 4, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I want to do this with my son this year. He is now old enough to understand it and loves to decorate the tree.

25. Jennifer Pilgrim on November 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm

This is too cute! I am working on an edible jewelry post with Airheads this week so I totally feel ya on this edible popcorn decoration. Pinning it to my Kids Craft board. Xo

26. Savannah Miller on November 4, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I like to make popcorn balls with my boys. Hmm we eat them though so I guess that isn’t a craft!
    I can’t wait to start decorating for Christmas!

27. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 4, 2015 at 3:25 pm

I love popcorn garland. I don’t know what it is about it, but it defines Christmas for me.

28. Robin Masshole mommy on November 4, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Making popcorn garland is a lot of work. I did it once and it took hours.