Easily See A Doctor With Your Phone #MOMSLOVEAMWELL

brooklin sickAs parents we are so busy so when our kids gets sick sometimes just taking them to the doctor for minor things like a cold and flu can be a hassle. I know there’s been many times as a parent when my child was sick in the middle of the night I wish I could have called a doctor. Also as a parent it’s just as hard to get myself to the doctor, my role as mom always seems to come first and when I’m sick the last thing I do is take time to go to the doctor. We are happy to partner with Amwell and Mom Trends Media on this post, all opinions are our own.
Maybe this sounds familiar –

Earlier this year I was introduced to Amwell, the service that allows you to see a medical provider right from the comfort of your own home. I have since used the service many times and in fact I used the service just last month when I was sick and was diagnosed with a nasty respiratory infection. Luckily I easily saw a doctor and got a prescription for antibiotics and started to feel much better within just a few days and it was all thanks to Amwell.  Amwell_3DevicesNo matter where you are there are 46 states in the U.S that allow you to see a doctor with an online visit. Their doctors are certified physicians with more than 15 years of experience.  It’s also the first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association, and the first platform that integrates with Apple’s Health App. Plus it allows me to choose the doctor I want to see rather than have one assigned to me.

amwellIn the past we have used Amwell for minor illnesses like pinkeye (yea that actually happened) and the cold & flu. Also since Amwell accepts many healthcare plans your appointment may be fully covered. When our six year old was sick our Amwell doctor was such a comfort, she even called me back to see how she was doing a few hours later and prescribed her with the medicine she needed to start feeling better. Sure enough she was back to her spunky self just a few days later.

Have a question to ask a doctor? Get the care you need quickly – typical issues include:

• Bronchitis
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Weight concerns
  • Smoking cessation

600x280_Amwell_121114

GET YOUR FREE VISIT

Amwell is offering my readers a free doctors visit! Just use the code –  BEWELL17

You can start by downloading the Amwell App, or visit the website.

What’s your biggest pet peeve when seeing a doctor?

1. Kiwi on November 25, 2015 at 11:30 am

do you know how many times I needed this service! So great technology has mirgated to the medical world!

2. Nicole Feliciano on November 23, 2015 at 11:32 am

I like that it is providing such a convenient service!

3. Christie on November 23, 2015 at 8:01 am

This is such a great way for busy moms to get care for their families! I love the fast response

4. Chasing Joy on November 23, 2015 at 6:42 am

This is a great service. Anything that makes healthcare more accessible is great.

5. Ann BAcciaglia on November 22, 2015 at 7:50 pm

I like this option as it is not always feasible to go see a doctor. This is a great alternative.

6. Debbie L on November 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I think this works great when you have a few questions and you want a MD’s opinion. Easy and fast at home service.

7. Toni | BoulderLocavore on November 22, 2015 at 7:34 am

This concept is wild to me! Pretty soon I think all of our appointments will be more like this. It’s fantastic for sick kids for sure.

8. Catherine S on November 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm

This is a great service. I have used it a couple times and it was quick and easy.

9. Jennifer on November 21, 2015 at 12:48 pm

We love amwell and have used it a few times now! it’s definitely my go to if I can avoid a hospital visit

10. Kristi on November 20, 2015 at 9:12 pm

A great way to see a doctor. Our daughter gets a specific rash on her cheeks when she gets strep, and each time the doctor looks at her and knows what it is… so this just might save a trip outdoors for that.

11. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 20, 2015 at 4:08 pm

We hate going to the doctor’s office. This is a handy post!

12. Kelly Hutchinson on November 20, 2015 at 1:32 pm

As parents, we will get those times when you just aren’t sure if a visit to the ER is warranted. This would take all the guesswork out of the situation.

13. Liz Mays on November 20, 2015 at 1:32 pm

It would be great to see a doctor from home when someone has a cold. This system seems so easy to get started with too.

14. Amy @ Marvelous Mommy on November 20, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Finally a doctor to your door! I hate going to the doctors office.

15. Donna on November 20, 2015 at 11:22 am

This is so handy for busy moms and dads. It is awful having to go out when someone is sick.

16. Pam on November 20, 2015 at 11:53 am

AmWell is really handy for when you can’t make it to a doctor! I know when I don’t feel well the last thing I want to do is have to drag myself to the doctor’s office.

17. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 20, 2015 at 10:45 am

Amwell is perfect for me. I hate going to the doctor, and so do my kids. At least now, we can see a doctor while we’re at home all comfy and cozy.

18. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 20, 2015 at 10:43 am

This sounds like a great service. I would definitely use it if I couldn’t get out of the house to see my actual doctor for some reason.