Easily Conquer the Turkeypocalypse This Thanksgiving

thanksgiving food This Thanksgiving we plan on having family over for a big traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The men always rush off to the TV, and well after hours of cooking and prepping dinner is done and there’s a mess to be cleaned up. Behind every Thanksgiving meal is a Turkeypocalypse that needs to be cleaned up. Don’t dread the post-Thanksgiving clean up. Prepare for it. Conquer it. Get back to the game sooner. We are happy to partner with P&G on this post.

thanksgiving dinnerCleanup after big holiday meals is easy with products from P&G. Some of our favorite brands include Swiffer and Bounty and there are so many more that will help you get the job done.  Just check out this video –

It’s true with Swiffer WetJet you can do all of your mopping in one, it’s powerful enough to get that cranberry sauce off the floor and it’s tough on dirt and grime. Dawn Ultra will give you “2X more everyday grease cleaning power per drop*” that should help you get through that stack of dishes in the sink. Bounty is two times more absorbent, so the roll can last longer and get through all the messes. Cascade Platinum will power through all of your toughest Thanksgiving messes. Make sure you finish off with Febreze Pumpkin Bliss.  Febreze Air Effects instantly takes care of the odors in your air, giving your home that fresh and clean smell.

*Based on cleaning ingredients vs. non-ultra Joy®.Turkeypocalypse_560x315_RevisedConquer the Turkeypocalypse with Thanksgiving Savings

Right now you can visit Coupons.com to download up to $12 in savings on all your favorite P&G products.

Remember that the quicker you can clean, the quicker you can get back to your family, or to the big game. Why spend a ton of time cleaning when you can get it all done and have your home as clean as ever?

How do you conquer your Turkeypocalypse each Thanksgiving?

1. shelly peterson on December 22, 2015 at 10:42 am

I dread the clean up. Usually my get togthers for the Holidays are small so clean up isn’t too bad. But I do make every one pitch in and help.

2. Julie Wood on December 19, 2015 at 6:49 am

I only make Turkey Breasts because no one in my house likes dark turkey and it is so much easier to debone a turkey breast than a whole turkey. I also cook it in a turkey bag which helps make clean up a breeze. I do use Bounty Paper towels for clean up and Cascade is my favorite dish washing detergent!

3. bucks county mom on November 28, 2015 at 9:00 am

We’ve hosted this holiday for years. It does get easier over time, but I do miss the days of arriving at someone else’s door for a holiday meal. However, you can’t beat that smell of turkey that fills the house, not to mention lots of leftovers.

4. Laura J on November 24, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Oh for us…..everyone helps pick up and get the first load of the dishwasher going. Everyone packs up some leftovers to take home with them…so we all work together!

5. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on November 22, 2015 at 9:02 am

I am an only child of an only child (and I do not have children), there is very little clean up to worry about, I just dread doing the roaster. Quite frankly I prefer spending that weekend in Atlantic City and enjoy some fine dining at one of the restaurants to avoid the insanity all together! Every time I visit a casino during a major holiday I get my favorite machines with absolutely no wait and always have a blast!

6. Yona Williams on November 20, 2015 at 3:12 pm

OMGoodness…I can’t stand cleaning up after cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I do the dishes after I cook, but it’s my sweetie’s job to wash them after we eat.

7. Susan Quackenbush on November 19, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I really can’t wait for Thanksgiving! I always look forward to all the wonderful food that we don’t usually eat throughout the year! 🙂

8. Emma Spellman on November 19, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I am so excited that I don’t have to Thanksgiving this year!! Woohoo, but I will be doing Christmas, so these ideas are very helpful! Who doesn’t love coupons?,

9. lisa @bitesforbabies on November 19, 2015 at 6:32 pm

We NEVER do Turkey at Christmas or at Thanksgiving! My husband is from Italy so we stick to the Italian classics 😉

10. Ann BAcciaglia on November 19, 2015 at 5:09 pm

We all take turns cleaning and everyone has a role, It does not take too long when everything is organized.

11. Crystal Lopez on November 19, 2015 at 2:39 pm

The cleanup after a big family meal is always a headache. I love P&G products for an easy way of tidying things up and getting them back in order!

12. Lynndee on November 19, 2015 at 2:24 pm

This is the first time that I’ve read the term “Turkeypocalypse” and I’m really amused. I’m loving the word. 🙂 I don’t host Thanksgiving, but I do help in cleaning up.

13. Wood Arts Universe on November 19, 2015 at 10:36 am

Thanksgiving is fun but when the fun is over, cleaning time comes in. It’s nice that there are cleaning products that really helps out. Keep it up!

14. Megan Elford on November 19, 2015 at 10:31 am

Cleaning up always seem to go on forever! At our Christmas meals, it feels like there are one or two people who are washing dishes from the end of the meal right up until everyone leaves!

15. Dogvills on November 19, 2015 at 9:57 am

I hate the cleanup, too. I’m lucky to get a lot of help after the party, though.

16. R U S S on November 19, 2015 at 1:53 am

We all love the hearty meals but no one really likes to clean up. Lol. Well, I’m glad that cleaning products these days have improved. We have Dawn Ultra at home and it’s a very effective dishwashing liquid. Its grease cleaning features are the best.

17. Life as a Convert on November 18, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Oh my! I just realized that Thanksgiving dinner is at MY house and while I’ve worried about the food, I forgot about clean up afterwards!

18. Nancy (@spiffykerms) on November 18, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Whoa. WHAT is that thing on your plate that looks like roasted MARSHMALLOWS?! It looks SO good. I can’t wait for our 2nd American Thanksgiving (we’re from Canada) 🙂

19. Jenn on November 18, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I love the meal but hate the clean up!! Swiffer is a great helper in getting messes cleaned up quick and easy!

20. Anita Fonte on November 18, 2015 at 6:51 pm

For thanksgiving I get paper plates, plastic utensils, and plastic cups so clean up will be easy. The only issue I have is the clean up of the pots and pans. I also use bounty to clean my table and counters. Especially my stove as I like to use it on that as well.

21. Mistee Dawn on November 18, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I could definitely use the help. I usually conquer mine all alone while everyone else watches Football and the Parade. lol

22. Annemarie LeBlanc on November 18, 2015 at 4:28 pm

I feel you. It is just so nice to be around family, sharing a sumptuous Thanksgiving dinner and then – The Mess. I usually fill the sink with warm water and soak the dishes first to get rid of the grease. Thanks for sharing these wonderful cleaning up products. It is going to be needed. 🙂

23. Katharina on November 18, 2015 at 2:50 pm

My mum is german but my dad is english. And everyone agrees that the british christmas dinner is the best. So I end up cooking it every year. But at least I get to boss everyone around. And don’t have to clean up ha! Thank you for sharing x Kat I www.beautifullytravelled.com

24. Erin on November 18, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Lol, I have a system that I put into play on Thanksgiving. I made the mistake of waiting to do anything till the very end of the day my first time hosting. Never again.

25. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 18, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I bring in reinforcements. In my family, everyone eats and then everyone cleans.

26. Jeanette on November 18, 2015 at 11:38 am

I have gotten to the point that I seriously considered paper plates, SO Much easier to clean! At least this year it is not at my house.

27. Savannah Miller on November 18, 2015 at 11:03 am

Well I eat at my nanny’s house! I completely avoid the mess, now Christmas is a different story my house looks like a hot mess after all the gifts are done getting opened!!!

28. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 18, 2015 at 10:51 am

Oh the mess. That is the worst part! I usually just let it sit in my sink for a few days until I can’t stand looking at it anymore LOL 🙂