Creating Holiday Traditions #HickoryTradition

mia christmasMy favorite holiday growing up was always Christmas. It was the one time of year that our family gathered, we did a lot of baking and they were the times I remember most fondly about my childhood. When I was little we always had giant tree, sometimes twelve or even sixteen feet tall. The tree sat near the stairs so I could climb over the railing and hang all the ornaments at the top of the tree.

Having children of my own it’s still just as important for me to create the same traditions. I know baking and decorating is an easy way that we create holiday traditions. Growing up my Aunt would always cut up a Hickory Farms Beef Sausage and serve it with crackers to our guests at Christmas. I know that it feels like Christmas when I see Hickory Farms arrive at our local mall.

hickory farms beef sausage turkey summer sausageI know when it comes to giving gifts one thing I picked up from my childhood is giving Hickory Farms as gifts. I never know what to get the guys in the family but they always enjoy a gift basket from Hickory Farms. One of our favorites comes with their signature mustard’s, they also include extras like a nut medley and many different kinds of cheeses. hickory farms holiday platter

Hickory Farms food gifts are available at Holiday Market locations nationwide, on hickoryfarms.com.

What are some of your holiday traditions?

Compensation and products for review were provided by Hickory Farms via MomTrends. I received a free sample of the product for the purpose of this review and to facilitate a giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hickory Farms.

1. shelly peterson on December 21, 2015 at 10:53 am

We always had Hickory Farms Summer Sausage growing up. I still buy it and do a meat and cheese tray. . I also love the mint melt aways.

2. Debbie Welchert on December 15, 2015 at 12:14 pm

One tradition is getting new pj’s for everyone to wear on Christmas morning. We also love making frosted Christmas cookies every year. We used to have a Hickory Farms at the mall many many years ago, when I was a teenager. I used to love going there and getting gifts for my parents. The store closed many years ago and I miss it. When I think of Hickory Farms, it reminds me of the holidays….

3. Deshawn Keiner on December 11, 2015 at 7:35 pm

At a job that I had many years ago they would give us the Hickory sausage gift baskets during the Christmas season. They are delicious and make a wonderful Christmas eve snack. I will have to buy some this year so my children can have some. Thank you for sharing

4. Tonya C on December 11, 2015 at 10:24 am

I have fond memories of Hickory Farms at the holidays. My mom used to get a Creamy Swiss cheese spread every year that I just LOVED!

5. Kate on December 6, 2015 at 8:04 am

Love Hickory Farms! My family always gave it to people for the holidays. So tasty!

6. Yona Williams on December 3, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Our holiday traditions center around food. I always make sweet potato pies and Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. And, my Mom or my aunts make a family recipe, Chocolate Balls.

7. Claudia Krusch on December 3, 2015 at 6:59 pm

It looks sooo good! On Thanksgiving and Christmas we have a cheese and meat tray with fruits, everybody loves it!

8. Erin on December 3, 2015 at 8:44 am

I absolutely love Hickory Farms! Is it terrible that I buy myself a Hickory Farms present nearly every year?

9. becka on December 3, 2015 at 8:06 am

When I was young we used to drive over an hour to get to a mall that Hickory Farms would set up in just for Christmas. My dad loved their products. Now I get him a gift set every year but I don’t have to travel quite as far.

10. HilLesha on December 3, 2015 at 2:18 am

I don’t eat meat, but my mom has always loved Hickory Farms. I may have to purchase something like that for her for the holidays. 🙂

11. Travel Quest on December 2, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I personally like Hickory product because they are easy to find and very tasty. I serve cheese and crackers mostly everyday in our household.

12. Shanéy Maharaj on December 2, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I’ve started a few traditions this year, but that would be one yummy tradition. Might start it just for mom. 😉

13. CourtneyLynne on December 2, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Omg I just love Hickory Farms! It’s such a tradition in my family. I don’t think Christmas would be Christmas without it.

14. Nicole Feliciano on December 2, 2015 at 10:14 am

The gift sets are so delicious. Every year Hickory Farms is included in my family tradition!

15. Bonnie @wemake7 on December 2, 2015 at 8:08 am

We love Hickory Farms and I’m hoping they open up a store in the mall this year. Such good gifts.

16. Jesica H on December 1, 2015 at 8:10 pm

mmm… summer sausage! it is the perfect snack at all times!

17. Chubskulit Rose on December 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Those are the kind of snacks my son love to munch on. Hockory Farms really has some great stuff!

18. Kathy on December 1, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I love Hickory Farms. They always have some great items and they make great gifts too. I think the meat and cheese trays are always a huge hit for the holidays. I always ate these as a kid. My kids now enjoy them all as well.

19. Rosey on December 1, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Hickory Farms as a gift is always a good idea. There really is something holiday-ey about it.

20. April Mims on December 1, 2015 at 4:47 pm

This will be my grandson’s first Christmas so we will be establishing some new traditions for him. Santa delivers pajamas for my kids on Christmas eve and they still love that even as adults.

21. Melissa on December 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm

we have a tradition of always serving cinnamon buns for breakfast on Christmas. I seen my mother in law do this my first year with her and have done it ever since.

22. Cherri Megasko on December 1, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I love hickory Farms products. When I was little, my dad’s company always gave their employees a Hickory Farms gift box for Christmas. I would look forward to that every year!

23. Lynndee on December 1, 2015 at 1:40 pm

One of our holiday traditions is having the biggest box of Whitman’s Sampler under the tree. It’s not only because we are suckers for chocolate, but also because it has been my husband’s family tradition since he was little.

24. Ann Bacciaglia on December 1, 2015 at 11:42 am

Our Christmas tradition for that last few years has been to watch the Doctor Who marathon that is on TV every Christmas day. Now that the kids are grown up we love to spend the day watching our favorite show together. We bake a bunch of treats ahead of time so we have a ton of delicious snacks.

25. ricci on December 1, 2015 at 10:48 am

We have lots of holiday traditions in my family!! One of my faves are presents on christmas eve, all the kids get new pi’s , socks, undies, and a christmas movie to watch before bed!

26. lisa on December 1, 2015 at 10:14 am

I remember Hickory Farms from when I was a kid. It is a great family memory and tradition. I may have to bring it back to my house.

27. Jaime Nicole on December 1, 2015 at 9:10 am

My grandpa still asks for a Hickory Farms gift basket at Christmas. I think this is something like the 30th year in a row!

28. Michele D on December 1, 2015 at 7:31 am

I remember Hickory Farms growing up. My family always served it. Such a classic tradition! So glad to see that they’re offering the same great products too!

29. OurFamilyWorld on December 1, 2015 at 6:24 am

My favorite would be when we start baking the treats that we give as gifts to friends and family.

30. Angie on November 30, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Delicious! I always love the Hickory Farms stuff around this time of year.

31. alexandria on November 30, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I love sausage, cheese, and crackers. I would totally snack on that right now. I’m big on creating traditions for my daughter, too.

32. Megan Elford on November 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Hickory Farms gift sets are something I look forward to every year. We usually get one each year from friends, and we love digging into them!

33. Jenna Parsons on November 30, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Every year on the day after Thanksgiving, we put up the tree and all of the decorations!

34. Liz Mays on November 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I’d love to add some more hickory farms snacks to my holidays. My boyfriend would definitely like a cheese and sausage platter.

35. Ashley on November 30, 2015 at 5:07 pm

This reminds me of every year as a child, we would get a meat and cheese set from Hickory Farms. It was so good! We haven’t done it in years, I think I need to get some Hickory Farms and surprise my family at Christmas.

36. Jeanette on November 30, 2015 at 2:15 pm

I have always loved Hickory Farms. It has been years since I bought it. I totally forgot about it so I need to buy some this holiday season.

37. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 30, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Hickory Farms plays a big role in our holidays. I have a tradition of giving my husband a Hickory Farms gift basket every year.

38. Alli on November 30, 2015 at 11:12 am

My favorite holiday when I was growing up was also Christmas and it still is. My mom always seemed to make the Christmas season magical and I try to the do the same for my family.

39. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 30, 2015 at 10:36 am

OMG, my dad LOOOOVES Hickory Farms stuff. I always get him sets for Christmas every year.