Celebrating Unstoppable Moms With Children’s Motrin® #MyUnstoppableMom

Every day we get up and we rush around, we spend our good days and our bad days being there for our kids. There are no slow days and there are no sick days, being a mom is a job that is never ending and it’s one that I love so very much. It’s a big deal when you hear from your own kids just how special they think you are.

It’s even better when they tell you just how special the ordinary things you do each and every day mean to them. Like in this video, we were proud to partner with Children’s Motrin® and celebrity super-mom Kelly Ripa.
Remember last month when Brooklin and I went to New York City? We were actually meeting with other super moms and their kids to shoot this video and have a little fun with Kelly.

We spent the day playing games, Brooklin got to direct a special photo shoot for me and I really had no idea what was happening. At the end she got to surprise me with the storybook cover that she created for us. Of course there was time for cartwheels in the hall and a nap and it was just another ordinary day for us. Having fun together and creating memories together, and this was one thing we will both never forget! motrin shootIt is an honor to know that Brooklin thinks of me as “My Unstoppable Mom” and she shared a special moment that means a lot to both of us with Kelly Ripa. Children’s Motrin® really is honoring moms by celebrating the little moments because they know how much they mean to our kids. It was also so much fun to see what the other kids shared too about their moms, AmandaHeatherPenelope, Becky, and Joey
As a mom of three girls I spend our mornings doing hair. No matter how my girls would like it done I try to make it happen and it turns out that moment in our day means so much more than I ever imagined!

Being a mom means everything to me. Growing up as a foster child I could only dream of what life was like with a mother but it was only after having my first child did I finally know what that love was like. Being a mother is my greatest joy, and now being the mom to three girls I just want to be the best mom that I can be. Wake up enthusiastically and help them grow into kind and intelligent little people.

Being a mom is hard though and tiring and some days are less enthusiastic than others but I have learned to love a lot and laugh a lot along the way. During the good days and the bad, and make time for those little moments. Because the little things really do mean big things to our kids!

motrin book coverCreate Your Own Storybook Cover –

You can visit unstoppablemoms.com to create your very own storybook cover. With every cover made with their partnership with Scholastic they will donate one book to a family in need. You can also win gift cards as part of weekly prize drawings.

It’s an easy way to give back to other unstoppable moms and their families so please head on over and create your very own storybook cover!

Join Us For A Twitter Party!

Join us for a #MyUnstoppableMom Twitter party on November 12th at noon ET to talk advice and inspiration for parenting! RSVP at vite.io/themotherhoodchats

Kelly_BloggingMoms_with logo

I’d love to know, what would your storybook cover look like?

I have been compensated by, and received information and materials from, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.

*Between November 2, 2015 and December 17, 2015, the makers of Children’s MOTRIN® invite legal residents of the 50 U. S.  & D.C., 18 and older, to create a storybook cover on MyUnstoppableMom.com. Each eligible submission will trigger a donation from Children’s MOTRIN® of one (1) book to a family in need, via Reach Out and Read, with a minimum donation of 10,000 books ($17,500 value) and a maximum of 25,000 books ($24,000 value), through its partnership with Scholastic. See Official Rules at for complete details.  For information about Reach Out and Read, visit http://www.reachoutandread.org/.

1. Cindy Orley on November 26, 2015 at 7:26 am

What a fantastic experience for you and your daughter! Your video made me cry. You are a great mom.

2. Amy D on November 9, 2015 at 12:29 pm

My story book cover would have lots of food on it, kids, and my husband. there would be a ton of pages in the book too since my story has lots of details lol!!

3. Katherine G on November 9, 2015 at 11:35 am

What a beautiful experience. I think it is so cool that you and your daughter had such a great experience and you were able to hear how much she appreciates you.

4. Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) on November 8, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Love this campaign. Kelly Ripa is my BFF in my head.
    Congrats to all the moms. Thanks for representing us.

5. Seattle Travel Blogger on November 8, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Looks like you and Brooklin had a great time. It would be so cool to meet Kelly Ripa!

6. Chasing Joy on November 8, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I am trying to conceive right now. It has not been an easy journey. I love hearing about your love for your girls and your special time doing their hair. That reminds me that it will all be worth it when I become a mom.

7. Janis @MommyBlogExpert on November 8, 2015 at 1:57 pm

The storybook cover for our family would have four kids running around happily but wildly while mommy is chasing after them with a bottle of Motrin in hand. True story: my 4 kids were born within a year (including triplets) so I always carried Motrin in my purse for my stress headaches wherever we went.

8. Rose on November 8, 2015 at 8:33 am

It is nice to know the little things matter. I think this was a fun idea, and def. a cool visit.

9. Ourfamilyworld on November 7, 2015 at 10:20 pm

I make sure to always stock up on Motrin. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

10. rochkirstin on November 7, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Being a mom is really hard so I don’t think women should bear a child if she’s not ready to take care of the baby or child as it grows. There are so many things to do and consider every day being one. I hate to see parents who don’t exert effort and time for their children. Supermoms are admirable.

11. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on November 7, 2015 at 5:27 pm

You are so right – it’s often the little things that mean the most! So happy that y’all had this opportunity for celebrating Unstoppable Moms!

12. Kelly Hutchinson on November 7, 2015 at 5:15 pm

What a fantastic opportunity for you and your daughter! After seeing the video, I can see why you are an Unstoppable Mom!

13. Kiwi on November 7, 2015 at 3:54 pm

This is beautiful! I know the video was 30 secs but why am I tearing up a bit! Congrats on this beautiful opportunity for you and your daughter! A commercial that has been a dream for me but this is awesome! So happy for you guys sharing this opportunity!!! Love your storybook cover!

14. Laura H. on November 7, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Your amazing. I loved the video and the fact you were chosen. You really are on of my favorites and its more because of your heart and your love of family then all the photo shoots in the world but I am so proud of you and your daughter. You are an Unstoppable Mom!

15. Jaime Nicole on November 7, 2015 at 2:36 pm

What a heart felt video! Love that you were chosen! If I were to create a Storybook, it would probably be me playing games with my girls and helping with schoolwork. Kudos to Motrin for supporting moms.

16. Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way on November 7, 2015 at 1:48 pm

What an awesome experience to have with your daughter! My Storybook cover would show me cuddling up with my boys, we are a super affectionate family.

17. Ann Bacciaglia on November 7, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Kelly Ripa is an amazing woman. I will have to head over to unstoppablemoms.com to make my own cover. This looks like it was an amazing event.

18. Shelley Zurek on November 7, 2015 at 10:23 am

these storybook covers are such a good idea. I would probably create a ballet one with my daughter or a karate one with my son.

19. Toni | Boulder Locavore on November 7, 2015 at 9:43 am

We always keep Motrin in the house. A lot of medicines don’t work for us, but Motrin always does.

20. Terri Ramsey Beavers on November 7, 2015 at 9:33 am

I’m a believer in Motrin as it’s the first choice I make when the kids need something for boo boo’s, headaches, etc. I’d love to create a story book cover. It would have all 5 of my angelic *devilish* grand kids on it.

21. Rachelle on November 7, 2015 at 9:16 am

Oh my goodness what a special trip you guys had! And I love that book cover she created! Too cool!

22. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on November 7, 2015 at 8:42 am

I always support celebrating moms! We work so hard and we deserve to be recognized for it!

23. Mykidsguide on November 7, 2015 at 2:20 am

Kelly Ripa is an inspiration. I teared up watching the beautiful video. This is such a wonderful project and I really like to support campaigns that give back. The cover of my storybook would be a multitasking mom.

24. Lisa on November 6, 2015 at 9:33 pm

My storybook cover would look like messy rooms, paintings on the fridge, and smiling kids at the moment. I’m working on being present, focused, and the best mom I can be. Sounds like you had an amazing experience too!

25. Becky Ryan-Willis on November 6, 2015 at 9:47 pm

I have always sworn by Motrin, for my kids and my grandkids. I have one daughter so I know how awesome it is to have one. When they get older they will be your best friends! I enjoyed all of your pictures from your special day, they were beautiful.

26. Dawn on November 6, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Motrin is always a miracle worker. I used to use it for my daughter when she didn’t feel well.

27. Mitch on November 6, 2015 at 8:18 pm

All I know is, no aspirin for the kids! SO Motrin it was. Glad you had this amazing experience in NYC, next time we have to see each other here!
    Mitch

28. Jody Smith on November 6, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Love this! What a great way to donate! Motrin is a go to here for sure!

29. Mistee Dawn on November 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm

My storybook cover would look chaotic but beautiful!. Sounds like a fun Twitter party!

30. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on November 6, 2015 at 8:13 pm

This is just amazing all around! What an wonderful video and experience! And I love Kelly- she is a machine!

31. Valerie on November 6, 2015 at 7:10 pm

It looks like you all had an amazing time. I love that there are donations for every book cover made!

32. Jeanine on November 6, 2015 at 6:02 pm

I’ve always relied on Motrin. Since I had my first born – my sister told me its the only thing she trusts and uses, and that was over 12 years ago. It’s my go to!

33. kristi on November 6, 2015 at 6:26 pm

What a fun adventure and I love the create your own bookcover idea! Might have to beg our kids to do that this weekend!

34. Brenda on November 6, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I love this, what a great way to celebrate moms. I love that books are being donated for every cover that is made.

35. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on November 6, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Kelly Ripa is awesome. I haven’t tried Motrin, I totally need to now.

36. Kelly Hutchinson on November 6, 2015 at 5:27 pm

The cover of my boo would be me, wearing a cape with the autism puzzle symbol all over it. This would be in honor of my son.

37. Breanna on November 6, 2015 at 4:56 pm

What an amazing video! It totally broke me down and made me cry! 🙂 You are such an amazing and inspiring Mama!

38. Liz Mays on November 6, 2015 at 4:56 pm

This is so sweet! I love the storybook cover and that video really showed that your daughter thinks of you as an unstoppable mom!

39. Amber Edwards on November 6, 2015 at 4:44 pm

My cover would probably show a mom helping 3 kids do homework (which never ends) while juggling a brand new baby in her arms!
    What an awesome way to celebrate all the unstoppable moms out there!

40. Marcie W. on November 6, 2015 at 4:15 pm

What a fun experience and a great way to celebrate a few unstoppable moms. My storybook cover would feature me juggling everything from a computer to represent work, to a PTA sign up sheet to represent my volunteer hours, while my kids looked on in awe.

41. Stefanie C. on November 6, 2015 at 3:55 pm

I seriously don’t know how Kelly does so much! She is everywhere and she’s always supporting a great cause! Always so much energy…it’s tiring me out just watching her do so much!!

42. Pam on November 6, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I love that they ar donating books for every cover made. What a sweet video!

43. Renu on November 6, 2015 at 2:04 pm

What an adorable, touching video! I teared up as well, when the moms were shown those giant books with the titles based on what their kids thought of them. Big high-five to Brooklin’s Super-Mom!

44. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on November 6, 2015 at 1:45 pm

The cover of my book would be a picture of me pulling my hair out while hearts float around my head. I love my kids even when they do drive me up the wall.

45. Jennifer on November 6, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I’m a mom of three fur babies. The cover of my book would be full of fur and slobber. LOL

46. Jennifer on November 6, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I seriously just cried my face off. Did when I saw your video on Facebook and now again. Brooklyn is such an amazing kid but it’s only because she has an amazing mama right by her guiding her.

47. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I always give my kids Children’s Motrin when they have a fever. It works like a charm.