Getting Messy This Fall – Get It Clean With Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent

I am an active mom of three, I like to think that our family does a lot of healthy activities. We also use and partner with brands that align to our needs and ideals as parents. We are happy to partner with Seventh Generation® as a brand ambassador. As always all opinions are our own.playing at the parkWhen I think abut fall I think about all of our favorite things to do. It’s been raining here in California and while we greatly appreciate all the rain we can get it really does make it feel like fall. So more than ever we want to spend time outdoors. After a long and extremely hot summer it’s nice to just get outside and play.

We are more ready than ever to hit the pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins too. Our youngest has sensitive skin and so it’s important that while she plays outside we also try to keep her mess free. mia pumpkinHaving sensitive skin means that we also have to make sure that products that we use with her. Seventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent is a product that we use because it is tough on stains, but gentle on even the most sensitive skin.

Seventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent also received the EPA Safer Choice Seal, which means it includes ingredients that not only perform well, but are safer for the health of your family and the environment. Also that means here in California we can feel good about keeping our beaches and waterways clean and safe because it is made from 97 percent renewable biological (plant-based) sources.
Keep Our Beaches CleanIt’s the perfect product for moms looking for a detergent that’s safe for washing onesies, blankets, crib sheets, towels and other items that come into close contact with your baby’s sensitive skin. It’s also tough on stains and does the job at getting your clothes clean. For our family we use it on all of Mia’s clothing and personal items, in fact since I have such sensitive skin it’s the only detergent we use in our home. seventh gen laundry soapSeventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent does not include any dyes, synthetic fragrances or artificial brighteners.  What I want you to know about artificial (or optical) brighteners is that they are present in most other detergents – even those also called Free & Clear!

Optical brighteners are synthetic chemicals that make fabrics appear to glow in the presence of ultraviolet light. They don’t have anything to do with getting things clean –they’re only added to detergents to make us think our laundry is brighter and whiter.  I find that to be such an interesting fact and I had no idea what all those whiteners and brighteners actually meant until now.

You can find these and other Seventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent products at your local retailers or online. Be sure to stay social with @SeventhGen on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.

I’d love to know how do you know your clothes are actually clean?

1. Fanat on December 10, 2015 at 6:34 pm

So far I haven’t found any product that isn’t as good as a cnineotnoval product. I’ve used 7th generation toilet paper, paper towels (I usually use cloth), and laundry soap. I’ve used method dish soap. I’m still waiting to run out of dishwasher soap to try a greener brand. For cleaning bathrooms and kitchens I use vinegar and baking soda. I use the baking soda like you would use comet, I wet the surface and sprinkle it on and wipe it down with a sponge. I rinse it and spray it with vinegar, I’ve done this for months, no funky smell and no mold, plus these things work great to unclog a hairy drain. I use soap and water to clan all my kitchen surfaces then use vinegar to get a streak free shine. If I have a spot that needs to be scrubbed I use the baking soda as a paste and let it set for a few minutes. I have all stainless appliances and vinegar works great on them too. I also use vinegar as a fabric softener in the rinse cycle. I line dry my clothes.

2. Debbie L. on October 24, 2015 at 6:24 am

Using products that are good for our earth is key to me. I will be checking this out.

3. Christie on October 23, 2015 at 1:41 pm

My kids have sensitive skin. It’s good to know that Seventh Generation has a laundry detergent for them!

4. Tracey on October 23, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I have heard great things about this detergent. I’m going to have to pick some up.

5. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on October 22, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Pumpkin patches are fun, but they can be dirty business, good to have your seventh generation on hand just in case!

6. Dawn on October 22, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I have never tried Seventh Generation before. We have sensitive skin and allergies so I bet this would be perfect for our home.

7. Rose on October 22, 2015 at 2:28 pm

We have Seventh Generation dishwasher liquid. I’ll have to try the laundry detergent,

8. Kelly Hutchinson on October 22, 2015 at 11:45 am

I know this may sound weird, but if it smells good, I know it is clean. Love Seventh Generation

9. Crystal on October 22, 2015 at 7:31 am

I keep our clothes clean by not letting the kids wear the good ones! I wish! My kids have their own opinions about what they want to wear. Seventh Generation sounds like a great way to keep their favorites looking good.

10. Chasing Joy on October 21, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I have never tried seventh generation. I think I should see how it works for myself.

11. Angie | Big Bear's Wife on October 21, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Seventh Generation sounds fantastic! We may need to look into this! I know my dad would love it!

12. Debbie on October 21, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I love this detergent. So nice and healthy plus it works great.

13. Toni | BoulderLocavore on October 21, 2015 at 4:52 pm

We love Seventh Generation! My youngest has excema so using sensitive detergent is a must. I love their sensibility about the planet too.

14. Karen on October 21, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I love that it’s for sensitive skin. I have a lot of allergy issues, and need a detergent that doesn’t cause a reaction!

15. Catherine S on October 21, 2015 at 4:11 pm

This sounds like a great product line. I have a lot of allergies and I have to use laundry soap that is scent and dye free. This will be a great option for me.

16. Marcie W. on October 21, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I am a big fan of the Seventh Generation product line and have been for years now. You can not beat all natural items that actually work.

17. Donna on October 21, 2015 at 3:24 pm

I think the feel and smell of laundry is how I know they are clean. I have to give this detergent a try!

18. Amber C. on October 21, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Such cute pictures! I have never used Generation laundry detergent but I LOVE their dish soap!

19. Pam on October 21, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I love Seventh Generation products. I am all about anything that is safer and better for kids.

20. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on October 21, 2015 at 12:12 pm

This sounds like great stuff. I’m always on the lookout for safe alternatives to things like cleaners and laundry detergents.

21. Terry on October 21, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I would bet that most of our clothing isn’t really clean… we just don’t know it. So many people think that if it smells fresh it is clean. I can spray myself with perfume, but not wash…. Am I clean? No, I just smell good. LOL I don’t do that though. Just Sayin!!

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on October 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm

That sounds like an awesome detergent. I think I need to try this.

23. Brandy on October 19, 2015 at 9:10 am

I have a hard time keeping my boys’ clothes clean,they are way messier than my daughter ever was. I will have to check out this product to keep clothes cleaner!

24. Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins on October 18, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Good question! Basically, I know when my clothes are clean because they’re light and fluffy and they smell great.

25. Candy O on October 18, 2015 at 1:56 pm

I’m on the smell team too! I love it when I can still smell the scent of detergent after it being stored in my drawers. Love it!

26. Gingermommy on October 18, 2015 at 1:22 pm

The smell is what does it for me. I love the smell of clean laundry when it comes out all warm and fresh