Cups For A Cause From Wendy’s®

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.

cups cause

I have a big heart when it comes to foster care and programs that support getting kids into their forever family. Being a foster child myself who aged out of the system as a child, all I had wanted was a family who truly loved me. While I never found that myself, there are children right in this country who are finding loving homes through foster care thanks to programs like the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.

We visited Wendy’s® this week for a lunch date and to share the Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption program who shares cute and heartwarming stories from kids who found their forever family. Awareness is a great way to help foster children because many times people may think and not act. Know the support and help available is important and very beneficial to those who would love to change a life and make the world a better place.

My husband and I don’t get away very often so it’s nice to spend time together and lunch is a great moment to do that while the kids are at school. While enjoying my tasty Wendy’s salad, my husband and I talked about my childhood and about the new Wendy’s® cups.

Wendy's® cups for a cause

Right now at Wendy’s® when you buy a drink you will see a number of different cups with drawings. Each cup tells the story of a child’s adoption and the story of a child’s “first family moment”. wendys cups

The four separate drawings bring to life the power of foster care adoption through a child’s eyes, highlighting everyday family moments that most of us take for granted, such as a day at the beach. The children’s stories come to life when customers visit www.wendys.com/adoption, where they will become a part of the “family first” moment by listening to and watching an animated illustration. Wendy’s is showcasing the artwork of four children who have been adopted through the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Program but they’ve helped hundreds of thousands of children become adopted through foster care.

Please take a moments to learn about Wendy’s Wonderful Kids and the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.

You can also support through the Wendy’s adoption page. What are your favorite family moments?

1. Sarah on October 16, 2015 at 8:13 am

I had no clue that Wendy’s had a program for adoption. That’s pretty amazing! Very proud of this company for standing up for such an important issue.

2. Janis @mommyblogexpert on October 16, 2015 at 4:55 am

I always like when brands do these campaigns where they’re not only selling food but are helping those in need, especially kids. The cup design is adorable, too.

3. Ourfamilyworld on October 15, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I heard about the cups for a cause. It’s nice to know the stories of these children. I hope this will help them get adopted.

4. Jennifer Mitchell on October 15, 2015 at 10:20 pm

I love these cups that Wendy’s has! And it’s such a good cause – it’s great being able to support a cause that helps out foster children.

5. Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins on October 15, 2015 at 9:01 pm

I absolutely adore that they’re supporting such a great cause. Love Wendy’s!

6. Autumn @Mamachallenge on October 15, 2015 at 8:59 pm

That is awesome! I love that they are supporting such a great cause!

7. Scarlet on October 15, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I really can’t think of a better cause to support. Raising awareness for adoption on the cups is a great idea.

8. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on October 15, 2015 at 5:46 pm

This is such a great initiative. It is wonderful seeing large companies really care about the community.

9. Sue on October 15, 2015 at 4:51 pm

This is so cute! I love when big businesses show a caring side.

10. Amber Edwards on October 15, 2015 at 4:50 pm

i know so many people who are touched by adoption or foster care. I just love that the Dave foundation helps these children find permanent and loving homes! Yet another reason why we love Wendy’s!

11. Allie D. on October 15, 2015 at 11:07 am

I did not know that Wendy’s has a foundation for adoption program. I think that is so awesome. It’s great that they bring awareness.

12. Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom on October 14, 2015 at 9:26 pm

My sister and her family made the decision to foster a year and a half ago. Immediately they received two sisters–one of them was just 10 days old. Last month they officially adopted the girls. I love that Wendy’s and the Dave Thomas foundation is bringing such awareness to foster care adoption.