Fall Grilling Favorites – Spicy Sweet Potato Relish

Compensation was provided by Hebrew National® via Mode Media.

Living in California it seems that grilling season never ends. In fact as we head into fall, we’re still grilling up some of our favorites like Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks with seasonal favorites like a sweet veggies relish.

There’s something so flavorful about fall and during the season I like to enjoy the sweet and spicy aromas that often fill our kitchen. Sweet potato, cinnamon, sweet figs, there’s something so delicious about the fall harvest and we like to incorporate these things into our meals. Adding depth to our fall grilling is what it’s all about so one of our favorite things to put on top Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks is a vegetable relish. Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog
Spicy Sweet Potato Relish
Ingredients –

• 1/2 cup sweet potato
  • 1/4 cup leeks
  • 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
  • 1/4 cup chopped fig
  • 1 TBSP diced Serrano pepper
  • 2 TSP garlic

You don’t want to overcook the relish you just need to soften the leeks and sweet potato in a pan on medium heat for 5 minutes. Just enough that the sweet potato softens.Hebrew National Hotdog Veggie Relish fig leek sweet potatoe red hatch chile Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks are made from premium cuts of beef from the front half of the cow and I know that with Hebrew National I’m getting the best of the best. It’s why we serve Hebrew National® all year round. Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog Veggie Relish Idea (6)After the sweet potato is cooked, you will want to mix in the other ingredients. Allow flavors to meld together for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog Veggie RelishWe served our Hebrew National All-Beef Franks with delicious sides like fruit with crazy eyes and fall pretzels. Franks are always a fun and delicious meal idea for our kids and an easy way for all of us to enjoy a meal together.Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog Veggie Relish Idea (7)There’s something special about having fun with the seasons and with small children it’s always fun to get festive.  Allow everyone to add their own toppings.Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog Veggie Relish Idea (8) Inspire your entire family to eat more vegetables and taste the fall flavors with this delicious sweet and spicy relish. Hebrew National Fall Fun Hotdog Veggie Relish Idea (1)

What makes a Hebrew National® kosher hot dog premium? It’s all about what makes the cut (And what doesn’t). We’re choosy about what goes into our franks – we use only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef from the front half of the cow and then choose the best from that. No artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products. When your hot dog is Kosher, that’s a hot dog you can trust! For more summer fun with Hebrew National®, visit facebook.com/hebrewnational.

What are your favorite ways to grill during fall?
AuthorLogo

1. Birdiebee on October 30, 2015 at 9:42 am

I have never heard of this type of relish before but can’t wait to try it. I love experimenting with new recipes.

2. Shannon Gurnee on September 10, 2015 at 7:06 pm

These are really good hot dogs! I love grilled hot dogs with ketchup, mustard and onions on it. Chili and cheese is yummy too!

3. DJ on September 9, 2015 at 6:32 pm

This looks delicious! I can’t wait to make it for my family.

4. Tracey on September 8, 2015 at 5:48 pm

These look amazing! Never heard of sweet potato relish but it sounds delish.

5. Julie Wood on September 8, 2015 at 12:03 pm

This relish looks so delicious and i will have to try and make this with the Hebrew hot dogs! It really is a pretty relish for Fall!

6. Christie on September 6, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Wow, what a creative relish for fall! I definitely would enjoy over a hot dog

7. Anne - Mommy Has to Work on September 4, 2015 at 4:58 pm

I was just thinking about grilling some hot dogs this weekend. I love grilled dogs!

8. Crystal on September 4, 2015 at 8:55 am

Yum! We are not giving up summer & grilling every day. I know this relish would be gobbled up quickly and make it even more exciting to have another BBQ.

9. Ann Bacciaglia on September 4, 2015 at 8:30 am

I have never tried Sweet Potato relish before. It sounds so delicious. I will have to make some to try.

10. Jeanine on September 4, 2015 at 7:04 am

My husband LOVES spicy sauces, mustards etc…. He would love this. This looks great. He recently got a new grill so I’m sure he’d love to try this!

11. Ora Lee Gurr on September 4, 2015 at 6:51 am

Fall is a good time to try new recipes. The sweet potato relish looks and sounds inviting. Grilled all-beef hot dogs just might end up our weekend agenda.

12. Felicia on September 3, 2015 at 9:08 pm

This sounds delicious. That is definitely my kind of hot dog!

13. Toni | BoulderLocavore on September 3, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who doesn’t give up grilling after summer! These hot dogs look great and honestly I think grilling them makes them taste even better when it’s cold outside.

14. Beth@FrugalFroggie on September 3, 2015 at 8:35 pm

We don’t grill much. We just thew our grill away.

15. Travel Blogger on September 3, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Oh my goodness that looks so good my mouth is actually watering!

16. Marina on September 3, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Mmm, I love franks! This relish looks amazing! I’ll have to give it a try.

17. Laura Gregory on September 3, 2015 at 6:09 pm

We BBQ often so this would be great to make during the summer. Also great idea for beach party food.

18. Liz Mays on September 3, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Oh that definitely sounds good! I’ve never made my own relish and this would be a fun one to start with.

19. Ashley Sears on September 3, 2015 at 5:15 pm

My husband loves the Hebrew National hot dogs. This would be a topping he would love on his hot dog!

20. BellaVidaLetty on September 3, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I could totally go for one of these. The combination of ingredients sounds mouth watering.

21. Pam on September 3, 2015 at 3:56 pm

When my son lived at home we would have hot dogs after church every Sunday. They were usually Hebrew National.

22. Dawn on September 3, 2015 at 2:55 pm

That sounds fantastic! I have never ever thought to use sweet potato in a recipe like this before.

23. Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama on September 3, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I like the Halloween setup you have around the dog – really nice photography!

24. Catherine S on September 3, 2015 at 2:35 pm

This relish sounds yummy. It will be perfect for our Labor Day BBQ.

25. melisasource on September 3, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Wow these grilled hot dogs look so perfect!! There’s nothing better than grilling!

26. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on September 3, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Sweet potato is huge down here in the south, but it’s usually just baked and served with butter. I can’t wait to give this a try. It looks delicious!

27. Valerie on September 3, 2015 at 2:18 pm

This would be perfect with our Labor Day hotdogs. It sounds so good!

28. Robin Masshole mommy on September 3, 2015 at 2:08 pm

This Relish sounds awesome. I definitely can’t wait to try it. My family will love this

29. shelly peterson on September 3, 2015 at 4:24 am

Hebrew National is m favorite brand of hot dogs. Your Spicy Sweet Potato Relish looks really good and would love to try it.

30. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on September 1, 2015 at 7:49 am

That’s a very interesting relish. I’ve never heard of anything like that before.

31. Scott on September 1, 2015 at 7:32 am

This is a new one for me. I’ve never heard of sweet potato relish. I thought the only way to have them was mashed at Thanksgiving dinner!

32. Janet W. on September 1, 2015 at 5:38 am

I love grilled hot dogs! These look delicious! I want one for lunch now!

33. Dogvills on September 1, 2015 at 1:39 am

I never thought sweet potatoes would work as a relish. That looks so delicious! I definitely have to try this.

34. Aubrey on August 31, 2015 at 10:28 am

Yum. It’s lunch time here and this is making me hungry.

35. Melissa Pezza on August 31, 2015 at 10:20 am

That sounds so good! I’ve never heard of sweet potato relish before.