romaine lettuce yellow tomato knife cut

Farm Fresh To You – Organic Produce Easily Delivered To Your Door

This is a partnered post with Farm Fresh To You
brooklin poolOur days are busy. In fact between summer vacation and all our plans and recently moving it feels like life is happening at lightening speed. Our schedules are so busy that before the move I knew I had to plan ahead.

Farm Fresh To You easily allowed our family to prep for our move ahead of time by having fresh produce sent right to our house. We set up every other week delivery of Farm Fresh To You’s organic fruit and vegetable box. The concept of delivering fresh organic foods to families started in 1992 where they started delivering boxes of farm-fresh produce from the fields of Capay Organic to customers’ doorsteps or offices. Capay Organic is a family run farm and I was so thrilled about knowing exactly where our family’s food comes from.

Organic Produce Easily Delivered To Your DoorOur kids were most excited about the organic grapes, fresh from the farm they’re so sweet and delicious. They make the perfect summer snack, and the same goes for all the delicious fruits we received in our first box. Peaches, oranges, grapefruit, and even a small melon. I was particularly happy to see three ears of organic corn. It’s not something we find a lot of in the busy grocery stores here in southern California and I was excited about the sweet organic corn in the box.farm fresh to you

I have been trying to cut out a lot of the meat I eat, and while our family does eat all organic meat whether chicken or beef I know how important it is to eat a lot of vegetables. Our family enjoys salad so during the hot summer months it’s nice to have a refreshing salad with dinner.

Spicy Potato & Corn Summer Salad

Ingredients –

• romaine lettuce
  • sweet red pepper
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 shallot
  • 2 TSP chili powder
  • 2 ears of organic corn
  • 1 heirloom tomato
  • 1 avocado

I started first by roasting the red pepper and potato. Roasted at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

roasted vegetables

The corn was cooked over the stove top with butter while turning occasionally. The key is to cook the corn low and slow so it becomes sweet. OOL_6862[1]

Once the corn is done chop the cooled potato and gently fry in the pan with the chopped red pepper, chili powder and shallot. OOL_6866[1]

I personally believe that all salads do not need dressing so to finish off the salad I topped it with avocado. summer salad

It’s nice knowing that I’m feeding my family fresh and healthy organic foods. It’s nice knowing where our food comes from and that there are alternatives to shopping in big stores. It’s fun to try new flavors and know that our family is getting the fresh foods that we need. Our next Farm Fresh To You box comes next week and I’m excited to see what’s inside. I’m also finding that I’m more inspired to use up all of our fresh fruits and vegetables.

Be sure to check out the Farm Fresh To You website where you can find plenty of inspiring recipes and meal ideas. I really like to buy in season and I know that with Farm Fresh To You we will continue to have our favorites and some seasonal things too.

You can sign up with Farm Fresh To You and save $10 off your first box with this code KRIS5422.

Be sure to check out the Farm Fresh To You  website for more information, also stay social with Facebook and Twitter.

What are your family’s favorite summer salad?

1. Amy Desrosiers on July 28, 2015 at 6:23 am

Oh my gosh I love this service! I was wondering if something like this existed for us city folks!

2. dawn on July 27, 2015 at 11:11 pm

I will def have to check this out. It looks sooo delic.

3. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on July 27, 2015 at 10:41 pm

I love all the options to get organic food delivered to you these days! Eating organic used to be such a challenge!

4. Sarah @ Must Have Mom on July 27, 2015 at 10:30 pm

We use this service and love it! It soo much more convenient than trying to keep up on purchasing fresh foods.

5. Vera Sweeney on July 27, 2015 at 9:21 pm

I have not heard of this service before!! What a great way to get groceries delivered to you.

6. Cathy @ Our Mini Family on July 27, 2015 at 8:56 pm

That salad looks divine! I’d love to try Farm Fresh, but it says that they don’t deliver to my location yet 🙁

7. Nicole B on July 27, 2015 at 8:41 pm

What a great service! We used to get an organic veggie/fruit box, but we always had to drive a long way to get it. Yours looks so good.

8. Liz Mays on July 27, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Now this would be really convenient. I’m always using produce so this would be a helpful service.

9. Elizabeth Lampman on July 27, 2015 at 8:12 pm

This salad looks so amazing. I will have to try making this on the weekend. I am sure it will be a big hit.

10. Tammy Roy on July 27, 2015 at 8:11 pm

This is an amazing idea. I am trying to eat healthier so this would be perfect for me.

11. Ann Bacciaglia on July 27, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I would love to get fresh veggies delivered to my door. I will have to try this salad recipe. It looks so delicious.

12. Shauna on July 27, 2015 at 7:10 pm

This is so awesome. Here in San Antonio we don’t get the option of too many veggies, so this would be really cool… I may have to look into it.

13. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 27, 2015 at 6:45 pm

That’s really freakin’ cool! I wish I had known about this earlier. I love fresh foods, but I hate shopping for them. I would much rather have them delivered to my door.

14. Amanda on July 27, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I have been wanting to try out these type of boxes. fresh produce right to your door? sign me up please!

15. Jenna Wood on July 27, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely love the idea of Farm Fresh to You! Not only is this a time saver but a money saver as well, I often spend so much gas driving around town looking for the freshest produce!

16. Marcie W. on July 27, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Most of the fruits and vegetables we purchase are organic and I love the convenience factor of this service. We eat so many different salads that it is truly difficult to decide on a favorite!

17. Jeanette on July 27, 2015 at 4:36 pm

We have similar place here, but they don’t deliver this would be even better since I don’t have to get up in the morning to get it on the weekend.

18. Amber Edwards on July 27, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I would absolutely love to get farm fresh produce delivered directly to my door! It would keep our dinners full of healthy produce and save me time hauling all the kids to the store!

19. Victoria Sconion on July 27, 2015 at 3:53 pm

That’s so cool! I wish there was a fresh organic produce door service that accept food stamps that I could order from.

20. Dawn on July 27, 2015 at 3:03 pm

That’s fantastic! I love that it’s all organic and delivered. I don’t have to shop for my produce. I can just have it delivered! Yay!

21. Kristin on July 27, 2015 at 2:57 pm

That salad looks AMAZING!!! I didn’t realize you could get organic fruit delivered! How cool is that?

22. Kelly Hutchinson on July 27, 2015 at 2:36 pm

The closet organic grocery store is 30 minutes away, so it is kind of a pain to go there. This would be a great service for my family.

23. Stacie on July 27, 2015 at 2:09 pm

This would be perfect for me! I hate shopping at our local stores and dealing with the empty shelves. We are always running out of fresh fruit and veggies.

My fave summer salad is Chicken Fajita salad – yum!

24. Elisabeth on July 27, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I’ll definitely be checking them out, it’s so hard to find organic produce at our store!