A Princess Playdate & Fun With Our Verizon FiOS® Custom TV Entertainment

I customized my TV package thanks to Verizon FiOS®, as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #CustomTV
Fios Princess Movie Party (3)Here are the long days of summer, we’re already starting to scramble to find things to do to keep our kids busy and having fun. We were so thankful when a fun entertainment pack showed up at our door with everything we needed to create the perfect princess play date.
One thing our girls like to do is spend time in the kitchen and there’s nothing more rewards than tasting something delicious that you created yourself. It’s also such an easy and fun way to spend time with my children. It just so happened that a summer storm came through California this week keeping us indoors so we decided to have our own fun inside!

As Verizon FiOS® customers we are able to create a Verizon FiOS® Custom TV and with that we were able to pick and choose which channels are great for our family. With it being summer the kids can find the programming that’s their favorite including movies and so much more! Fios Princess Cinderella
With Custom TV you get more of what you want, less of what you don’t. With your Verizon FiOS® Custom TV, you can choose and pay for channel packs that fit your viewing preferences and a simplified entertainment experience for more time for watching what you want.
We thought it was so great that Verizon FiOS® for the surprise tech pack with items to help me get more of what I want! verison fios
We spent our time watching our favorite princess cartoons and making cookies. There’s something about a warm kitchen, a good movie and delicious treats to go with it. Fios Princess Movie Party (5)

Cinderella’s PUMPKIN COOKIES

• 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/3 cups oats (not instant)
  • 1 1/4 TSP baking powder
  • 2 TSP cinnamon
  • 1 TSP  ginger
  • 1 TSP salt
  • 1/2 TSP nutmeg
  • 2 sticks butter at room temp
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1  egg, at room temp
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin purée

Instructions
Heat the oven to 350°F. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Combine sugar and butter in another bowl and whip together for 5 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix. Then add in half the pumpkin and half of the flour mix. Add in the other half of pumpkin and the flour and combine.
Bake for 12 minutes on parchment paper. Then top with a simple glaze frosting. It’s so simple and delicious and fun for the kids too!Fios Princess Cinderella Fluffy Pumpkin Cookies (1)
In the end we had fun watching our Verizon FiOS® Custom TV and enjoying our treats. There’s nothing like spending special moments with my girls. I like how a simple movie, cookies and tea set can turn into a princess party fit for royalty! Fios Princess Movie Party Cookies Tea
You can start customizing your Verizon FiOS® Custom TV by signing up today!  You can stay connected with @VerizonFiOS® on Twitter and on Facebook.

What are your favorite ways to enjoy family entertainment?

1. Shannon Gurnee on July 6, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I’ve heard amazing things about Verizon FiOS. Sounds like your family really enjoys it.

2. aly mashrah on July 5, 2015 at 11:54 pm

That is such a cute way to spend time with your kids! I think a princess tea party is in order for my nieces this weekend!

3. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on July 5, 2015 at 6:42 am

What a fun way to spend some quality time with your kids. I love special family times like that.

4. Sarah L on July 4, 2015 at 4:01 pm

That is such a great way to spend time with your kids.

5. ricci on July 4, 2015 at 11:29 am

Those cookies look amazing!! That’s a fun way to sped an afternoon, and a yummy one!!

6. Ann Bacciaglia on July 3, 2015 at 5:15 pm

These cookies look so delicious. I will have to try making some this weekend.

7. Sandy KS on July 3, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I have heard good things about version. I have been thinking of stopping my cable service. As my family uses Netflix more often than watching cable. Anything else we use the internet to watch. I love seeing those cookies. I think they look scrumptious. Pumpkin is one food I like to cook with.

8. Jeanine on July 3, 2015 at 11:35 am

Yum those cookies look GREAT! Sounds like a lovely playdate! Wish we had verizon here I would love to try out Fios!

9. Nikki on July 3, 2015 at 10:39 am

What a fun play date! I think every girl needs a day to feel like a princess. In fact, I could totally use a princess day myself and I’m almost 40!

10. Dina on July 3, 2015 at 6:54 am

Pumpkin is so good for you! I need to make these for my kids they look yummy!

11. Rosey on July 3, 2015 at 5:19 am

Sounds like a great way to spend the day to me. Im all for cookies too, any time!

12. Miranda (Myrabev) on July 3, 2015 at 2:56 am

In this day and age it is important to have the entertainment system that you want and works for you. Lovely cookies.

13. Michelle V. on July 3, 2015 at 2:29 am

Aww, your kid is so cute! Those cookies sound so yum. And I love Fios as well, lots of cool features and great service!

14. mykidsguide on July 3, 2015 at 1:45 am

Fios sounds like a great service. The playdate sounds too fun and the cookies you make look so yummy.

15. desirae young on July 2, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Fios sounds pretty awesome! But I have to say, those cookies look better!

16. Jeana B. on July 2, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I am thinking of getting Fios. It might be perfect for my family since you like it, too.

17. Liz Mays on July 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Fios seems to be really good with it’s custom packages. Ooh and that pumpkin and spice combo sounds delicious!

18. Chubskulit Rose on July 2, 2015 at 3:59 pm

I don’t have a Fios but it sounds amazing. Love those cookies you guys made!

19. Jeannette on July 2, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Oh my goodness – that looks like the perfect princess playdate! And can I just say those cookies look amazing! Makes me totally wish I had a little girl to have my own princess play date with! Guess we’ll have to have a Prince playdate instead!

20. Christy Maurer on July 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Awww, we love Cinderella! We enjoy family entertainment by watching Netflix and DVR’d shows mainly.

21. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on July 2, 2015 at 11:41 am

Fios sounds great! Our cable provider has packages set up in such a way that we have to buy several more than we should have to just to get the channels we want! >:(

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 2, 2015 at 11:29 am

I love my FIOS. I have had it for years and literally could not even imagine having another service provider.