Simple Tips For Easier Trips To The Beach

We enjoy spending time together as a family and we have a lot of tips to share. This post is sponsored by Chevrolet Traverse.
brooklin kaila mia beach There’s nothing better than enjoying a hot summer day at the beach. Growing up in California, some of my fondest summer memories were spent at the beach. Long, hot days with plenty to do, cool drinks and delicious snacks. It’s something I want my children to remember growing up, so we like to spend time at California’s beautiful beaches.

The biggest struggle is getting ready and getting everyone out of the house. The best tip for creating more fun this summer is staying prepared.

beach tipsWe like to just get up and go, spur of the moment, just head out for some fun. One thing we like to do is keep snacks and drinks ready to go. Non-perishable items are best for this and this ensures that we can just grab and go. We’ll never hear “I’m huuuunnngrryy” on the way to the beach again! Chevy Beach Travel Tips (3)

In the car you might also experience the “I’m soooooo bored!” A rear entertainment system is essential for trips in the car. Headphones easily allow them to hear their entertainment. Keeping a small bag of books and coloring books with washable markers is also another great way to pass time in the car. Keeping the kids and parents stress free all the way to their destination.

We also keep hand wipes easily accessible to our children for when they decide to have a snack during their movie. This keeps our hands and the car clean and is a must in our car.

Chevy-Beach-Travel-Tips-2Another great tip for the beach is keeping all your beach gear easily accessible. We have a large bag with holes to release any sand that holds our boogie boards, sand toys and even beach chairs.

Having a bag for small sandcastle building supplies also allows us to just grab and go. A small cooler for cold water and fresh foods allow us to stay and play all day! When we are ready to leave, we just easily pack up the back of the car and head home. A rubber cover keeps the trunk safe from the sand and we can easily just dump it out when we arrive home.

The best tips for having a stress-free summer of fun is to stay prepared!

With spacious seating, ample cargo space and available safety and entertainment technologies, there’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevrolet Traverse.

How does your family pack for the beach, do you have any tips for success? AuthorLogo (1)

1. Ann Bacciaglia on July 2, 2015 at 11:50 am

When my kids were younger and we would go to the beach i always had some go to items. I always packed a change of clothes and a few extra towels. Snacks and wet wipes were a must.

2. lena on July 2, 2015 at 10:57 am

These are some really organizers. We spend a lot of time away from home and definitely need some level of organization

3. Ninja Mommers on July 2, 2015 at 10:30 am

We love going to the beach in the summer. These are fantastic tips to make it easier.

4. Aubrey on July 1, 2015 at 10:58 pm

I love going to the beach. What great tips.

5. Vera Sweeney on July 1, 2015 at 10:08 pm

These are great tips! We love to take trips to the beach as a family! It can be time consuming to prepare for a beach trip!

6. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on July 1, 2015 at 9:33 pm

It’s a mom’s responsibility to bring EVERYTHING a family might need on a trip to the beach! You have to think of things they won’t even know they want until they want them!

7. Liz Mays on July 1, 2015 at 7:13 pm

These are great ideas. I’m planning more than a few beach trips in the near future so this helps a lot!

8. Kathy on July 1, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Wipes are always a must. I try not to forget them because I know how messy kids can get. They’re great to have with you anywhere.

9. Becca Wilson on July 1, 2015 at 6:17 pm

My biggest tip is to put down floor mats to catch all the sand. Learned this the hard way!

10. Kelly Hutchinson on July 1, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I have never owned a Chevrolet, but this is a great looking car. We pack plenty of snacks for the kids when we had trips.

11. Mama to 5 BLessings on July 1, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Taking less is good too. I found myself in tow with 5 kids along with food, towels, toys, etc got to be too much!

12. Amber Edwards on July 1, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Oh I would love a visit to the beach! We are to far away from the beach, but we do a lot of the same tips for when we go camping!

13. Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins on July 1, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Sadly, I don’t live anywhere near a beach. It’s over 100 degrees here and a nice swim at the beach would be so nice right about now.

14. Mandi on July 1, 2015 at 4:31 pm

We have a vacation planned for September to go to the beach and it’s a 10 hour drive. We will definitely be packing snacks and entertainment. I’m also making sure to pack all of our beach gear together so that everyone can just grab it and go!

15. Seattle Travel Blogger on July 1, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I am in the beach mood right now. I need to get packed up and get ready. Your tips are a real help!

16. Shauna on July 1, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Ugh, I tell you… packing for a road trip can be time consuming… ha! Yes, snacks are a huge must. I try to pack the ones that won’t leave a mess, but sometimes messes happen, LOL… Thanks for these tips.

17. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on July 1, 2015 at 11:27 am

We practically live at the beach in the summer. My tip is to bring some baby powder It gets sand off of ANYTHING.

• Kristin on July 1, 2015 at 11:39 am

Oh really? Had no idea but no I’ll try it!