Healthy Options On The Go – Stop In At 7-Eleven

Compensation was provided by 7-Eleven via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of 7-Eleven or Momtrends.
Mia SlideIt’s fun to be a mom always on the go. In between school and activities finding small moments to have fun with our children is important. Especially as the sun is out and we head into summer we are spending more and more time on the go.

Keeping snacks readily available is something I have learned is very important. As a mom of three I need to stay prepared when my kids are hungry. Yet more often than not they half finish their snack at home and find themselves hungry just as we’re leaving the house.

That’s when we stop in our neighborhood 7-Eleven store for their Fresh Foods. 7 eleven shoppingThere’s so many Fresh Foods at your local 7-Eleven store. Salads, sandwiches, fresh fruits, cheese, and there’s also Bistro Snack packs with mini pitas, cheddar cheese cubes, red grapes, celery, baby carrots and hummus. The perfect solution for hungry kiddos on the go! 7elevn freshWith all of our activities going on we still make time to play at the park. Whether learning to ride a bike, playing a family game of tag, or just enjoying the simplicity of a ride down a fast slide it’s nice to get together and make those moments happen.

PARKWith active kids comes plenty of snacks so I can easily take any of the Fresh Foods from 7-Eleven on the go.  The sandwiches are filling and made with whole wheat bread. The perfect afternoon snack for an active kid. 7elevn fresh27-Eleven’s fresh foods are prepared in local kitchens and delivered to stores daily ensuring premium quality and the ultimate freshness. 7elevn fresh5Our youngest is quite the picky eater and fast food won’t cut it. I like that 7-Eleven has things she will actually eat like fresh fruits like her favorites, strawberries!

7elevn fresh47-Eleven Fresh Foods are meant to be an easy choice for healthy food on the go. As families get busier and busier and as summer comes and we spend more time on the road it’s nice to have the option for healthy meals and snacks.

Fresh Food Fun Facts
  • 170,437 sandwiches sold each day
  • 71 million bananas sold each year
  • 13.3 million apples sold each year
  • 13.6 million fruit cups sold each year
  • 2.8 million yogurt parfaits sold each year
  • Nearly 30 million donuts, brownies and muffins baked

7elevn fresh37-Eleven can also keep your family healthy on the road this summer. Making better choices while travelling gets a little easier with the Fresh Foods selection. 7-Eleven has better choices and it’s making it mom’s favorite go-to food stop on the road.

Visit 7-Eleven for more information. Also stay social with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

What are your family’s favorite healthy snacks on the go?

1. Kiwi on June 16, 2015 at 9:57 am

I heard 7-11 started having more healthy options. Too bad there isnt any here in Atlanta 🙁

2. Shannon Gurnee on June 15, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Those strawberries look and sound amazing! I had no idea 7-Eleven had food like that! I’ll have to check them out next time I’m nearby.

3. manuela W. on June 14, 2015 at 7:55 pm

We usually go for nuts, fruits and cheese. I love that 7 Eleven offers such a great healthy variety these days.

4. Christie on June 14, 2015 at 2:46 pm

It’s such a wonderful surprise to see all of the healthy food choices! We will be making more stops at 7 eleven now

5. Tonia on June 13, 2015 at 10:38 am

I stop at 7-Eleven all the time and I get a banana. It’s funny because it’s like some unspoken routine of mine.

6. Shell on June 13, 2015 at 7:29 am

It’s nice to have such convenient healthy options. We’re constantly on the go!

7. Chrystal @ YUM eating on June 13, 2015 at 7:09 am

I haven’t been to a 7-11 in ages. I think it is great they have fresh food to offer. I hope more gas station/convenience stores follow their lead.

8. Beth@FrugalFroggie on June 12, 2015 at 2:22 pm

That is a nice alternative to have healthy snacks on the go. Going to check out 7-Eleven.

9. Toni | BoulderLocavore on June 12, 2015 at 8:34 am

My family is gluten-free so fast stops can be brutal with nothing safe to eat other than processed foods that just happen to be gluten-free. I love that 7-11 offers a chance for live, healthy gluten-free options when we are out and about.

10. Tracey on June 12, 2015 at 8:08 am

This is really great! I have a long road trip coming up and I had no idea 7/11 had these healthy options.

11. Ora Lee Gurr on June 12, 2015 at 7:47 am

Grapes, pretzels, and Goldfish are our favorite “take-along” foods. I had no idea 7-11 carries fresh foods. I’ll browse the store next time I go to the post office.

12. Rosey on June 12, 2015 at 3:28 am

I didn’t know 7-11 had fresh foods. Definitely worth checking out!

13. Dawn on June 11, 2015 at 9:12 pm

I like that they offer fresh foods now! My family and I go on trips often so this works out great for us.

14. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on June 11, 2015 at 8:54 pm

I’m happy to see when companies known for unhealthy foods start to offer fresh, healthier options!

15. Demetra on June 11, 2015 at 8:06 pm

They have some wonderful healthy choices now. Its wonderful to have healthy options when you’re on the go.

16. Catherine S on June 11, 2015 at 6:31 pm

How great that they have fresh food to go. This will be a great option for our next road trip.

17. Marcie W. on June 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm

I think it is wonderful that 7-Eleven offers fresh options so no one feels obligated to eat junk when they find themselves hungry on the go. It would still be tough to pass up a Slurpee!

18. Jeanine on June 11, 2015 at 3:52 pm

So great that seven eleven offers this now. We always stop on our walks so now I know what I’ll be grabbing!

19. Liz Mays on June 11, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I didn’t realize 7 Eleven had healthy options available. I’ll have to remember this next time I’m out and need a healthy meal.

20. Pam on June 11, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I love that they are offering more healthy and fresh food now. No more fast food on long trips.

21. Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama on June 11, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I wish we had these in GA. I haven’t seen them since I lived in NJ! I like that they are focusing on better choices!

22. melisasource on June 11, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I love that 7-eleven has healthy food options available for on-the-go. Sure beats junk food and unhealthy snacks!

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 11, 2015 at 1:03 pm

This is pretty cool. I honestly never thought I’d see the day that 7-Eleven would carry anything healthy. Sweet!

24. Robin Masshole mommy on June 11, 2015 at 12:37 pm

We stop in there for snacks quite regularly. They always have exactly what we need