Getting Ready For Summer – Meal Ideas Your Kids Will Love

“I’m sharing my easy KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Hot Dogs as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #Youknowyouloveitsummer meal ideas

Dinner is often the busiest time of day, between the kids after school activities and school our girls are often hungry and they want dinner fast. As the weather starts to warm up in California it feels like that dinner rush is made even more hectic because we are so much more active.

The one thing I can always count on my kids enjoying is KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. It’s quick and easy on our busiest days and I know it’s something the whole family will enjoy. Plus I can feel good about it because it has 9g of protein.

We often eat a lot of meals outdoors, especially during the warm months of summer. Hot dogs are a favorite of ours and even growing up one of my favorite meals was KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner with hot dogs. Our girl’s newest favorite meal is a KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog.KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
It’s easy to make too!  Just grill your favorite frank and add your KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner on top.KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner hot dog
There’s nothing better than not having to think twice about dinner after a long hot day and this Mac & Cheese Dog is the perfect solution.

mac and cheese dogWhen I think back to my favorite meals as a kid, dinner with KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese was always a favorite. It’s nice to have fun with my own children and make those same memories.

What are the meals that remind you of summer?

1. Camesha | Mama Motivator on June 4, 2015 at 9:21 pm

My daughter has a thing for mac and cheese. She might like this. The girl is picky though… lol

2. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty on June 4, 2015 at 7:33 am

Right now, I’m just trying to get my son to realize he LIKES hot dogs. He goes off on weird phases and forgets he used to eat things all the time! I would take one of those mac dogs for myself though, lol!

3. Chrysa on June 4, 2015 at 7:15 am

Anything on the grill reminds me of summer. I wish we were able to grill all year round. The mac and cheese on the hot dog is genius!

4. Marina John on June 3, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Mmm, what an awesome meal idea! This looks yummy!

5. Debbie Denny on June 3, 2015 at 5:10 pm

That is a good idea, Would not have thought of that

6. Ann Bacciaglia on June 3, 2015 at 10:44 am

This is such a cute idea. I have never tried a mac and cheese hot dog. My kids would love it.

7. Crystal on June 3, 2015 at 10:13 am

My husband fondly remembers the nights his dad would be in charge of dinner. He says that they always had mac & cheese, and if they were lucky it would have cut up hot dogs in it. I know he’d love this as much as our kids would.

8. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on June 3, 2015 at 9:23 am

There is a hot dog we used to get back in LA. it was scored and grilled so it was all crispy and slightly browned. Then they added bacon and mac n cheese on top. Now I love mac n cheese hot dogs! haha.

9. Jeanine on June 3, 2015 at 7:57 am

Yum I’m pretty sure not only would my kids love this but so would I!! Lol, looks so good I’ll have to try this!

10. Chrystal @ YUM eating on June 3, 2015 at 7:01 am

Well, thats one way to eat man & cheese with a hot dog! Creative. Not sure if kiddo would go for that, though.

11. Kiwi on June 2, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Thats different! Putting mac and cheese in a hotdog bun fun for kiddies I am sure1

12. Pauline C. on June 2, 2015 at 8:18 pm

I ought to try this recipe. It seems to say that the mac really taste super cheesy!

13. Penelope on June 2, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Ooh, I love creative hot dog ideas! Pools remind my of my childhood summers 🙂

14. Jenny Temcio on June 2, 2015 at 6:22 pm

This sound super tasty! I love mac and cheese!

15. Pam on June 2, 2015 at 5:38 pm

My kids love macaroni and they love hot dogs. This would be right up their alley.

16. Toni | BoulderLocavore on June 2, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Kraft Mac and Cheese was a staple of my childhood too. We too have a crazy after school schedule with both kids on different time frames too. I love having a quick go to dish like this!

17. Marcie W. on June 2, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Not only would my kids love a macaroni and cheese hot dog, but I would as well. Anything fresh from the grill or super refreshing reminds me of summer.

18. Amber C. on June 2, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I love that idea!! My son becomes a hotdog in the summer lol And don’t forget the strawberries and grapes on the side! lol

19. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on June 2, 2015 at 4:26 pm

I love the idea of mac n cheese on hotdogs! My kids would love this! I love eating lots of salads and fresh fruits and veggies in the summertime.

20. Liz Mays on June 2, 2015 at 4:09 pm

That’s such a great way to use macaroni. I bet they are so tasty!

21. Christie on June 2, 2015 at 2:49 pm

My son would definitely love combining these two awesome meal ideas into one! Mac n cheese and hot dogs, you can’t go wrong!

22. Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama on June 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I used to put it on dogs as a kid, too! Mac N Cheese is a staple in our household, because in the south, it’s a “veggie!”

23. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 2, 2015 at 9:24 am

Hot dogs and hamburgers remind me of summer. The smell of the kettle grill on a hot day always takes me back to when I was a kid.

24. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on June 2, 2015 at 8:27 am

My kids would totally love that mac & cheese dog. It’s two of their favorite foods.