Fun In The Sun – Getting Ready For Summer

Compensation was provided by JELL-O brand via Mode Media.

brooklin kristin summer playIt’s hard to believe that the weather is already getting so warm here in southern California. Growing up I have the best memories of sweet summer days with picnic lunches. To this day I can still smell the sweet pine and dirt as we enjoyed many summer picnics beneath the shade of the trees. One of our favorite summer treats was always cool JELL-O pudding. It’s those same sweet summer memories I hope to share with our girls.

To get ready for some fun in the sun, I created this Pinterest Board for some fun inspiration.
Follow OurOrdinaryLife’s board Fun in the Sun – Fun For Kids This Summer on Pinterest.

We decided to have a little fun with a delightful spring style picnic with our favorite treats like JELL-O Pudding Dirt Cups. We will be sharing the entire recipe soon and can’t wait to share one of our favorite summer treats!

kraft jelloAfter checking out so many summer fun crafts, we decided to create some summer suns.  Nothing brings out the worms from the dirt like some sunshine after a rainy spring and both of these ideas are such a simple and fun way to celebrate summer fun as we start to change seasons.  The food shown in these photos is meant to be served in tiny little mason jars. Each one is ½ a serving, so two mason jars per person! summer sun craft

The best way to create meaningful memories with our children is to spend time together. One of the best ways to create memories is in the kitchen. JELL-O Pudding is not only deliciously easy to make with your children, but with a few extra steps you can create a fun and meaningful snack idea that the whole family can participate in.

When it’s made with JELL-O, it’s made with love. There are thousands of things to make with JELL-O. But there’s only one way to make JELL-O. And that’s with love.

jello
Thanks to Jell-O brand for allowing me to partner with them! I had a blast coming up with fun family activities. Already planning to try this at home with your little ones? I’d love to hear how it goes in the comments below. For more inspiration visit: http://jello.com.

What’s your favorite way to enjoy JELL-O pudding?

1. Johnson on August 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Thanks for such an easy and tasty way to eat sponge cake. I’ve make it a few times now, and evoeryne seems to love it. Thanks, and keep those easy recipes coming.

2. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on June 6, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I haven’t had JELLO is a long time but used to really love it. I’m sure it’s even more fun to make into a fun treat.

3. Summer Fun with Sailboat Snackers - A Mom's Take on June 5, 2015 at 8:00 am

[…] it in the comments below! For more inspiration visit http://jello.com. Also, be sure to check out Our Ordinary Life for some great tips to get ready for […]

4. Gabriel Bregg on June 4, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Am I allowed to admit that I love jello shots? There are so many fun things you can do with jello for kids too.

5. Neha Sultan on June 4, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I am more of summer person, love all the activities we can do. Thanks for sharing the desert cups! This way is so much fun even for the kids. Love Jello 🙂

6. Carin Kilby Clark on June 3, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I’m so excited about summer! Going to be lots of fun. Love those dessert cups.

7. Michelle @ Dishes and Dust Bunnies on June 3, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Those dessert cups look so cool! I remember my aunt used to make these for my when I was a kid. They’re so much fun!

8. Jesica H on June 3, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I love dirt cups!!! Plus, it is so much fun to make! Thanks for the great ideas

9. Ricci on June 3, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Those look like GREAT summer crafts. I love edible crafts and those jello cups look delicious!

10. Jessica Simms on June 3, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Yummy! The pudding in a dirt cup sort of freaks me out cause it looks so real lol! My boys would love this though and of course my girls would freak out like me lol. I have to make these for our next picnic.

11. Ann Bacciaglia on June 3, 2015 at 8:53 am

I love making Jello with fresh fruit mixed in and whip cream on top. There are so many fantastic recipes to make with Jello.

12. HilLesha on June 2, 2015 at 9:09 pm

It has been ages since I have had JELL-O pudding, but I’m quite sure my kids would love the “dirt” cups. Thanks for the idea!

13. Ron Leyba on June 2, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Jello and summer activity always comes in pair. Love the idea of this! Kids will surely love it!

14. Raijean on June 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

AWW YES, I love jello. We will be taking this with us all summer long.

15. lisa on June 2, 2015 at 2:02 pm

These look so good! I was just saying the other day I hadn’t had Jello in so long that I think I must make these!

16. manuela W. on June 2, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I have been ready for summer for a long time now! We always have Jello in the house, it’s the kid’s favorite snack.

17. Paula Schuck on June 2, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Something about Jello just says Summer to me. I have loved it since I was a kid and I passed the love onto my kids. Who doesn’t love Jello?

18. Chrystal @ YUM eating on June 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm

I love dirt cups. We used to make them all the time. Dirt cakes, too. So cute. I’m a huge fan of pudding so they were always a great snack or treat that were perfectly portioned.

19. Yolanda Williams on June 2, 2015 at 11:18 am

When I was younger, I use to make jello with my mom all the time. I think this is great.

20. Daniella on June 2, 2015 at 9:38 am

Great post! I love using Pinterest to give me inspiration and I like how you’ve made one for summer. 🙂

21. Amy @ItsAMindfulLife on June 2, 2015 at 9:25 am

Looks like a ton of fun! Love the Jell-o Dirt Pudding Cups! Super cute!

22. Uplifting Families on June 2, 2015 at 9:04 am

Yummy, dirt cups are so much fun. I should make them for my kids.

It’s getting hot in Texas too. This is the first week that we haven’t had rain, knocking on wood. The rain has kept our warm temps at bay and filled up our lakes that were super low.

23. Chubskulit Rose on June 2, 2015 at 7:20 am

Those are cute ideas to keep kids entertained this summer. I am jotting down ideas to do with my kids so this made in my list.

24. Bonnie @ wemake7 on June 2, 2015 at 6:51 am

I have always wanted to make these worm dirt cups. They are so cute. Thanks for the ideas.

25. Lynndee on June 2, 2015 at 6:46 am

I think I made a pie once using jello pudding and a store bought pie crust. A friend of mine taught me how to do it. It was good. I will have to do it again.

26. Alli on June 2, 2015 at 4:16 am

My kids always loved those dirt cups and gummy worms when they were little. And Jello products are always in my pantry or fridge.

27. Mistee Dawn on June 2, 2015 at 12:26 am

We are so ready for summer! My daughter enjoys her pudding with her fingers, no need for a spoon! LOL

28. Melissa on June 1, 2015 at 9:19 pm

My kiddos love dirt cups! I used to make them for my boys all the time when they were much smaller! I should surprise them one day!

29. Miranda Myrabev on June 1, 2015 at 8:37 pm

This is so cute. The recipe looks good too. Your kids look mighty happy too.

30. CourtneyLynne on June 1, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Omg!!!! Any recipe that includes gummy worms is a bit for me!! I’m totally going to have to make these. Too yummy

31. celebbabylaundry on June 1, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I love the little gummy worm in dirt snack! It is so cute and a perfect thing to have in the summer, I would love to make it.

32. Liz Mays on June 1, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Those are so cute and they’re the perfect summer treats! Kids always get excited for fun treats like these.

33. Christy Maurer on June 1, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I love all of the different flavors Jello pudding has now! Chocolate will always be my favorite though 🙂 Kids always love those dirt cups. I think they’re so simple and so cute and fun!

34. Christi from sexymoxiemama.com on June 1, 2015 at 4:28 pm

What an amazing way to celebrate mid spring. I know more than a few people who are ready to soak up the sun after the cold, harsh winters they had. Thanks for sharing.

35. Megan Elford on June 1, 2015 at 4:14 pm

What a fun way to celebrate spring! After the long winter we had, we are more than ready to enjoy the sun and warmth!

36. michele d on June 1, 2015 at 4:10 pm

My kids love Jello too! Summertime is the perfect time for them to snack on them.

37. Diana Villa on June 1, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I never tried Jello before, but after reading your post I can’t wait to try it out with my little girl 😀

38. Terry on June 1, 2015 at 11:50 am

I really miss eating Jello Pudding. I can’t wait until they start making it with Stevia for a sweetner so I can enjoy it again.
    By the way… very cute craft idea.

39. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on June 1, 2015 at 10:40 am

Nothing is more fun on a summer day than a delicious snack made by mom. I’ll have to whip up some of those dirt cups. I MIGHT share them with the kids.

40. Carmen Perez (listen2mama) on June 1, 2015 at 9:15 am

Jello will always be associated with summer for me, I love all of the summer jello snacks. I am so ready for summer too!

41. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on June 1, 2015 at 9:12 am

Those dirt cups sound awesome. My boys would love it if I surprised them with some of those when they got home from school!