Baby Teething

Get a Shot Give a Shot at Walgreens

This is a compensated post for Walgreens, although it means a great deal to our family to support other happy and healthy families. All opinions are our own.

Baby TeethingThere’s nothing parents want more than to keep their children safe. Especially as a new parent, I remember holding my newborn so afraid that something could take her away from me. I remember being so afraid of all the people who would come around to visit and that’s why it’s more important than ever for parenting to learn about the whooping cough vaccine.

brenda and kaila There’s nothing more special than having gotten to watch our daughters with their Grandmother. From the moment she found out we were expecting our first she wanted to do anything and everything she could for her. She was there again as her second Grandchild was born and I know she would do anything to protect and love our girls. That’s why she got a whooping cough vaccine. Grandparents are often the ones closest to our newborns and besides your spouse they’re often the closest family members.

What is pertussis (aka whooping cough)?

• Highly communicable disease that infects the lungs resulting in uncontrollable, violent coughing which often makes it hard to breathe

Whooping cough or better known as pertussis spreads when individual has cold-like symptoms and may not even know that they have whooping cough. That’s why it’s so dangerous for small children. It’s important that Grandparents also become vaccinated as they are often close to pregnant women and infants.

What’s great is that you can find all this with the help of more than 27,000 healthcare professionals right at your local Walgreens store. You’ll find that most insurance is accepted and Walgreens has everything you need to keep your family healthy and strong.

Make It Easy!

Get the App! Get the Walgreens app and easily track immunizations and get recommendations for things your family might need.

getashot_Hero_810x243Get a Shot. Give a Shot®.– Partnership with the United Nations Foundation through its Shot@Life campaign. When you get a whooping cough (or any other immunization besides flu) at Walgreens, Walgreens will donate a life-saving vaccine to a child in need.  *Donation currently valid for non-flu vaccinations. Aggregate donation of up to $1 million.

For more information visit walgreens.com/getashot or shotatlife.org/

1. Carly Brydon on May 30, 2015 at 9:53 am

I love that Walgreens is doing that! It’s so great being able to get your shots and knowing that someone else will be able to because of you.

2. Latoicha on May 29, 2015 at 1:40 am

What an amazing program! Walgreen’s is leading the pack in giving back to the world community.

3. Camesha | Mama Motivator on May 28, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I love so much that they do this. Walgreen’s has so many great initiatives. This has to be one of my favorites.

4. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on May 28, 2015 at 10:49 am

Sounds like a wonderful program! We are vigilant about our shots too 🙂

5. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on May 28, 2015 at 10:24 am

Sounds like a great way to give back! Whooping cough is a rough one to deal with, even more so if the child is asthmatic!

6. Marcie W. on May 27, 2015 at 5:18 pm

It is amazing to think there are so many children in need of vaccines while so many people that are fortunate enough to live where they are readily available complain about them. Kudos to Walgreens for giving back!

7. Liz Mays on May 27, 2015 at 2:35 pm

It’s so nice that vaccines are conveniently available at Walgreens. They’re easy to do and a store is right down the road.

8. Crystal on May 27, 2015 at 2:10 pm

I want to protect my children as much as I can, and I know that’s a pretty universal feeling for parents. It’s wonderful that Walgreens is helping to protect individuals by providing shots.

9. Pam on May 27, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I love that Walgreens is doing this. I will check them out next time we need boosters.

10. Caroline @ The Caro Diaries on May 27, 2015 at 12:59 pm

What an amazing program! Walgreens is fantastic!

11. Jeanine on May 27, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Great program! We don’t have a wal greens here but this is Great to hear!

12. Catherine S on May 27, 2015 at 12:31 pm

This sounds like a great program. I need to download the app.

13. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 27, 2015 at 11:01 am

This is so important. I love that kids will be made healthier with this program. Thanks for sharing!

14. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on May 27, 2015 at 10:05 am

I think this is an amazing program. Kudos to Walgreens for doing this.