This post is partnered with Dr Pepper Snapple Group and The Motherhood.
When it comes to getting out and playing or girls know how to have fun. With the sunshine coming out and temperatures warming up there’s no better time to get out and play. They key to living a happy and full life is to spend time enjoying the ones you love most. It’s been said another key to happiness is spending time outdoors in nature and I have to say I have found this to be true. As we get ready for summer I wanted to share a few simple tips to get your family ready for a summer of play!
5 Simple Outdoor Play Tips For A Successful Summer
- Make adult supervision the first priority in all outdoor play. Keeping our children safe is a must so be vigilant, especially if your kids have their bikes out. Often placing safety cones near the street can advise passerby’s that there are children out playing so they can reduce their speed if necessary.
- Organize toys to avoid trips and falls! The best way to do this is with storage bins, you can easily use other small storage containers for organizing and storing toys. These bins also provide a reminder for kids to pick up their toys after playing and make cleanup a breeze!
- Sun protection! As you know often play structures and outdoor play involves little protection for the sun. Children should wear sunglasses, and a broad spectrum sunscreen when playing outdoors.
- Pay attention to age appropriate guidelines on toys. This is often overlooked but so important with small children. Each toy will have an age guideline, be sure to follow the age appropriate guidelines set by manufacturers.
- Plan something new! Go find a new place to explore, local ecological reserves are great place to spot wildlife and spend some quality tie outdoors. Also look for new playgrounds and parks and find them through LetsPlay.com.
Play can have a drastic effect on families like more hugs, more smiles, more happiness and fun! The key to living a balanced and healthy lifestyle is simply balancing it all. Enjoying the sweet moments is also the commitment of the Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Did you know that only 20% of children live near a park and that kids 8-18 spend an average of 7.5 hours per day on media. That’s astonishing and it’s time we as parents make a better commitment to play!
Dr Pepper Snapple Groups Commitment to Balance
- Easily find calorie counts on the front of all Dr Pepper Snapple Group products.
- TEN lineup of low-calorie sodas. Acting on the consumer insight that there was a large percentage of people who were avoiding soft drinks because they wanted to watch their calories and weren’t satisfied with existing diet varieties, the R&D team worked to develop this beverage that tastes like a regular soda, but with only 10 calories in a 12oz can.
- Took the full-calorie beverages out of school voluntarily through the School Beverage Guidelines, which have reduced the calories in beverage shipments to schools by more than 90%.
- Created a program for teens called Mixify, a multi-year national consumer awareness and engagement program, educating teens about the importance of balancing what they drink and eat with what they do.
When I think of balance I want to have it all. Enjoy the good things but still make time for a healthy lifestyle. That is why Snapple has a great variety of products tat fit our family and our lifestyle. New products like Diet half & half (half lemonade, half iced tea). You will also find other products like one of our favorites Straight Up Tea. Rolled out this year in three varieties: Unsweetened (0 calories), Sorta Sweet (90 calories) and Sweet (180 calories). Meaning your family can still enjoy something sweet and refreshing after a hard day of play without all the worry.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group found play to be such an influential part of our day so in 2011 they created their Let’s Play initiative. This program aims to provide kids and families with the tools, places and inspiration to make active play a daily priority.
Supporting two nonprofit organizations – KaBOOM! and Good Sports:
- KaBOOM!: In partnership with KaBOOM!, they are helping to provide the PLACES for younger kids to play with grants to fund playground improvements and funds and volunteer muscle to build new playgrounds from the ground up in communities across the country.
- Good Sports: In partnership with Good Sports, DR Pepper Snapple Group is providing the TOOLS through sports equipment grants that benefit underfunded youth serving organizations that help provide opportunities for structured team sports. They have partnered with Good Sports to expand efforts to include older children who lack the opportunity to participate in organized sports due to the cost of equipment, uniforms and entry fees.
What are your simple tips for playing? What are some things your family enjoys doing together?