financial literacy, saving money, planning for the future

Protecting Your Financial Future with MassMutual

We all know how important it is to learn and teach ourselves and our kids about financial literacy and information. We have partnered with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company to share to some tips on financial literacy and how to protect that capital.

financial literacy, saving money, planning for the future

MassMutual wants to share some tips and info on how to better understand finances to protect your financial future. By protecting our financial future, we are also protecting and providing one for our Children.

Financial Literacy Month is something that we all need to partake in. This can mean things as simple as watching and setting those long and short-term goals, to building a week or monthly budget, or seeking the advice or a financial professional. But the point is to start a new way or to add to your existing knowledge other helpful ways to create a strong and more prosperous financial future.

Protecting Your Financial Future with Mass Mutual

From a young age many of us are brought up with a savings account and taught that a dollar is not always a easy thing to get. Sometimes it takes a lot of work, so protecting it and conserving those hard earned bucks is important and smart for the long term thinking. But what happens when those hard earned dollars disappear at the expense of, well “I not quite sure.” Its important to be on top of your money, control it. Check out MassMutual for resources, tools, calculators, videos, and articles that will increase your financial knowledge and literacy.

Protecting Your Financial Future with Mass Mutual

6 TIPS TO INCREASE YOUR FINANCIAL LITERACY

1. Identify Financial Goals – The first step in understanding your finances is to identify your goals. And by identifying them, you can begin your steps to achieve them.
  2. Get organized – Keeping on top of your finances is key to strong budget. By sticking to a budget, you will not feel overwhelmed and be able to plan where those dollars will go.
  3. Use tools to help project future savings – Using calculators for say car loans and college savings plans is a great way to see how much you may want to save for the future.
  4. Consider your most valuable asset and how it will affect your future – This may be your home, your income, whatever will have the most value. Planning on how to save it or invest it is important.
  5. Teach our kids early -Setting up savings plans and teaching them is important for their future, start now!
  6. Find the right people to help you – Working with a strong financial team is important. Check out what professionals have to offer.

financial literacy, saving money, planning for the future

We teach our kids about more than just the savings account. I try to teach my kids about making sure to be informed and to pay attention to the numbers and the rules. But we also need to remember we don’t know it all, as we tell them. Treat yourself to some education, because it can literally payoff that next treat for you and your kids!
Check out MassMutual for more tips and information on making little moves to make way for bigger moves.

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of MassMutual.

1. katrina g on May 7, 2015 at 7:17 pm

great company!! i have to check them out more especially the retirement plan.

2. valerie g on May 7, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I’m saving up for daughter’s college fund. I can’t pay for it all but I can help her out some.

3. Emily on May 6, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Planning for your future is so important. Tips like these are really helpful when you don’t know where to start.

4. Stefani Tolson on May 6, 2015 at 3:38 am

I used to have a plan until I started working from home. Now saving for the future is a little harder but it is something I think about daily. Thanks for the tips!

5. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on May 5, 2015 at 7:40 am

These are such great tips! I think starting young is the best bet.

6. Autumn @Mamachallenge on May 4, 2015 at 9:22 pm

These are really great tips! I agree that teaching kids earlier is important!

7. Jenny Temcio on May 4, 2015 at 9:17 pm

These are some great tips! I don’t think that anyone is ever too young to be saving for college!

8. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas on May 4, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I definitely worry about whether we are teaching our kids enough about financial responsibility. It’s one of the most important things to know a lot about, but so often overlooked – especially in school!

9. Tammy Roy on May 4, 2015 at 8:02 pm

These are great tips for your finances. I have been teaching my kids to save money ever since they were old enough to understand.

10. Gabriel Bregg on May 4, 2015 at 7:42 pm

I don’t use my degree in accounting for much, but I at least know what I should be doing once we have a little extra cash. Right now it’s all still hand to mouth.

11. Debi on May 4, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I am working on getting my financial future in order. I am still very much a novice at the things that I need to know.

12. Mary Larsen @ Tall Mom tiny baby on May 4, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Finances are such a tough subject, but so important. Thank you for sharing that tips!

13. Liz Mays on May 4, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I really like those tips. They would have helped me a lot when I was younger.

14. Marcie W. on May 4, 2015 at 5:20 pm

These are definitely helpful tips! We need to look into opening a Roth IRA and MassMutual seems like a great place to start.

15. Amy D on May 4, 2015 at 5:07 pm

This is alaways so subject I dread, but you are right! It is so important to be financially squared away for the future.

16. candice on May 4, 2015 at 4:40 pm

These are wonderful tips. Having a backup plan and saving money, even if its a little, can really make all the difference.

17. Vera Sweeney on May 4, 2015 at 4:16 pm

These are great tips!! Being financially prepared for your family is so important but also so hard to do!

18. Aimee Smith on May 4, 2015 at 3:26 pm

These are such great tips. Having a well functioning budget os essential at our house.

19. Kathy on May 4, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Those are some great tips. We are always looking to save in any way possible. Thank you for sharing this.

20. Kelly Hutchinson on May 4, 2015 at 11:23 am

I am embarrassed to say I am not financially prepared for my future. If I were to die tomorrow, my kids would be left without a nest egg.

21. Shauna on May 4, 2015 at 10:56 am

What great tips. I need to get on top of doing something. Thanks so much for sharing.

22. susan on May 4, 2015 at 10:26 am

These are some great tips. I really have to start looking into our future, we need to be more secure.

23. Jennifer on May 4, 2015 at 9:46 am

Thanks for these great tips. It really pays to have all of your financial ducks in a row. Right now, my ducks are a little unruly, but they’re straightening up!

24. Dee Mauser on May 4, 2015 at 7:10 am

Teaching kids early on about money and spending is a great way to prepare them for their future. Great tips!

25. Brittany @ Mom. Wife. Busy Life. on May 4, 2015 at 5:48 am

We are currently discussing ways to save for our kids. It’s best to start early!

26. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on May 4, 2015 at 2:27 am

My husband is an accountant, so I like to think we are in pretty good financial shape 🙂