Practical Uses For Period Pads #RecycleYourPeriodPad

When working in the garage it can often be dirty and messy and lets face it ladies it’s not a very fun job. The same goes for other things things like periods and light bladder leakage. Poise is one of those brands that has us ladies covered.

WHAT CAUSES LBL?

Just as no two women are alike, there’s no single reason that LBL happens. Some of the most common things that lead to uninvited leaks include:

• Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
  • Being overweight
  • Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease
  • Bladder or urinary tract infections
  • Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)

The truth is LBL happens and being prepared helps you stay confidant.

Poise is wanting to know how can you recycle your period pad and use it in multiple ways? Oil Change With Poise PadsOften it’s easy to find multiple purposes for one product and these thin shape pads are great for practical uses like in the garage.

Have a mess painting? Clean it up easily.

Oil Change With Poise Pads (4)Need to change your oil? They have you covered. Oil Change With Poise Pads (1)Even helpful for cleaning up greasy messes. Oil Change With Poise Pads (2)My personal favorite is knee pads for really getting down there and they really do work. Oil Change With Poise Pads (5)Need to clean up an oily mess in the garage they have you covered so the next time the guys come over and see a package of Poise Thin-Shape Pads next to my husbands toolbox he will tell them they have to give it a try.

Get your FREE sample of Poise Thin-Shape Pads now.

How would you recycle your period pad?

1. Jocelyn McGaffic on April 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I had hysterectomy so I haven’t had pads in the house for some time. This post made me giggle a bit though, can’t imagine wearing pads on my knees!

2. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty on April 11, 2015 at 3:40 pm

These are most definitely some unique uses!! I think I’d rather use them for any of these than for their intention, lol!

3. Candy O. on April 10, 2015 at 2:32 pm

I love this post so much!! I’ve used pads for a lot of crazy things LOL.

4. Stefani Tolson on April 10, 2015 at 9:19 am

I love the idea of using these pads as knee pads, so clever. Not sure if my husband would approve but I would do it!

5. Our Family World on April 10, 2015 at 6:07 am

Wow, I think I have lost all of creativity because I never would have thought of any of these. But they are all great ideas.

6. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on April 9, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Not that these are not um ‘unique’ uses for them, but you might have gotten out-done by your commenters, foot inserts for sore feet? <-Jennifer your gram WINS everything today!

7. Beth@KCMompreneurs on April 9, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Some how cleaning wrenches with pads seems very unmanly. But a clever idea.

8. Beth@FrugalFroggie on April 9, 2015 at 8:16 pm

So glad that you are recycling unused pads. I had not a good vision at first.

9. Rosey on April 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Everything else gets purposed for things other than what they’re meant for, so why not? 🙂 Love your nails!

10. Marina John on April 9, 2015 at 5:52 pm

I love how creative you are! These are awesome ideas. Thanks for sharing.

11. Ann Bacciaglia on April 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm

These are great uses for pads. I heard of using them for cleaning before. They make great shoe liners for sweaty feet.

12. Tess on April 9, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I’m glad I don’t have bladder problems yet. I will probably be using those when I do. Lol

13. Chrystal @ YUM eating on April 9, 2015 at 11:38 am

HA! You have me laughing through this whole post. You get my “best post of the day” award. So creative. I dont have bladder problems and with PCOS I have no idea when I’ll have a period, so no pads hanging around to use for other projects. I can imagine the look on my husbands face when I tell him he can use them to clean tools. Or, that we can use them on our knees when we garden. So funny.

14. Natalie Z on April 9, 2015 at 10:56 am

I never really thought of using pads for other uses. Thanks for the suggestions!

15. Theresa on April 9, 2015 at 9:03 am

I’m going to stash some pads in hubby’s garage and see what he has to say about that. I am amused at using them for tools, but I am not so sure he would be bwahahaha!

16. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on April 9, 2015 at 6:29 am

OMG this is so funny! Who would’ve thought, of all these uses!

17. Christie on April 9, 2015 at 3:26 am

I never thought about using pads for cleaners! The knee pad idea is genius!

18. Aubrey on April 8, 2015 at 11:48 pm

Huh, I never thought of using pads for anything other than girly stuff. I guess with them being super absorbant, you could get all kids of spills.

19. Dawn on April 8, 2015 at 9:29 pm

These are great. I especially love the knee pads one! How original!

20. Jenny Temcio on April 8, 2015 at 9:28 pm

How unique! I never thought to use them for other purposes!

21. Sarah @ Must Have Mom on April 8, 2015 at 9:00 pm

This is hilarious! You are soo creative. I never would have thought of these uses!

22. Crystal on April 8, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I’m not sure my husband would be thrilled with me storing mine next to his tools! He’s pretty easy going about most things, especially in a house with girls. But hey, whatever works!

23. Jeanine on April 8, 2015 at 6:40 pm

This is fabulous! I wouldn’t ever think to use a pad for anything other than, well, as a period pad! I love this!

24. Marcie W. on April 8, 2015 at 6:11 pm

With both my oldest and I having monthly cycles now, we do not have many pads left to spare. I still got a kick out of the unique uses you came up with here.

25. Dee Mauser on April 8, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I’ve never recycled pads but you’ve listed some pretty useful ideas. Thankfully I don’t currently need these but you never know.

26. Pam on April 8, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I have never thought of using these pads for these reasons but I think if it works for you, go for it. I love the knee pads. I am wondering if I could get my husband to wear these when he is outside fixing our water sprinklers, 😉

27. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on April 8, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I bet they would be great for cleaning! Unlike paper towel, they wouldn’t fall apart!

28. Amy D on April 8, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Oh man! I just told my husband he was using pads to change his oil….you don’t want to know his reaction. Lol!!!!!!!!!

29. Shauna on April 8, 2015 at 5:05 pm

What fun ideas… ha. I would have never thought of any of these. Ha… Thanks for sharing.

30. Chelley @ AisForAdelaide on April 8, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Awesome ideas to #RecycleYourPeriodPad! I use my old ones to clean… AND In my shoes!

31. Kelly Hutchinson on April 8, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I have LBL and is sure is a nightmare! That last kid of mine did me in lol. I would recycle the pads to mop the floor and dust.

32. Pam on April 8, 2015 at 1:56 pm

I never knew period pads were so versatile. I just gave mine to my daughter when I didn’t need them any more!

33. Laura (Lauras Little House Tips) on April 8, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I laughed so hard I almost choked on my coffee. Then I realized that knee pad idea is genius. I have been crawling around planting and have those little dimples from stones in my knees. I can’t believe I am going to say this since I don’t need pads but I’m buying a pack. Hence the point..I bet haha. I definitely need more coffee. Kuddo’s on your post. It’s great 🙂

34. Brett on April 8, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I don’t know if I could get out in the yard with pads on my knees LOL But, some of these are really great!

35. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on April 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Wow. There is some serious creativity going on in this post. I’ve never thought of using pads for anything other than what they were made for. That’s pretty cool!

36. Jennifer on April 8, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Those are some really cool ideas! My Gram actually uses period pads as foot inserts for her sore feet.

37. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on April 8, 2015 at 11:48 am

I don’t have bladder leakage, so I use my pads for what they’re supposed to be used for 🙂