Potty Training with Pampers Easy Ups

This post is partnered with CafeMom and Pampers Easy Ups.

As our toddler starts to grow up we look forward to so many milestones. Baby’s first steps, sippy cups, potty training and of course all the special moments in between. Let’s face it, potty training can be scary for little ones, whether it’s sitting on the potty for the first time or looking up at an oversized porcelain bowl.

Stepping Stories Mia Uses The Potty Book Personalized (5)

3 Simple Tips To Ease Potty Training Fears

1. Ready? – Is your toddler ready for potty training? Can they stand on their own, do they have prolonged periods of dryness and does your toddler use the restroom regularly already? If so, they’re ready!
  2. Set Them Up For Success! – Start with buying a potty chair or seat that attaches to your toilet, you know what your child will be comfortable with. Purchase Pampers® Easy Ups specially designed for potty training toddlers, they not only keep your little one protected from leaks but feel like big kid underwear and allow for your kiddo to easily pull them up or down.
  3. GO! – Once your toddler is ready you can start with them by just sitting on the potty, start before baths or going to bed. Introduce books and other fun activities to keep your toddler excited about potty training and teaching them what is to be expected when using the potty. Good hygiene starts early so let your toddler wipe from front to back and end with some foaming hand soap and a good wash of the hands!Pampers Easy Ups toddler fit

One thing our toddler loves about Pampers is the soft design, they also have her favorite character Dora on them. Having potty trained two others using Pampers Easy Ups I know that they stop leaks better than Huggies Pull-Ups*, keeping your little one sleeping peacefully all night. They’re perfectly designed to help toddlers potty train but offer leak protection when they need it most and as a mom of three let me just tell you, they really work! *based on size 4

Learning Designs. Pampers Easy Ups toddler potty training tips3

Once your toddler has started getting used to potty training you can start to introduce fun incentives. I personally don’t think you should give children sweet treats to reward good behaviors but with our toddler we like to offer fun alternatives for imaginative play or fun things like seeds to plant and play with outdoors. Using these times to play together is a great way to ask your toddler if they need to go potty, getting them aware of when they need to go so you can make it inside before an accident. Pampers Easy Ups toddler wasit fit

Pampers Easy Ups make our toddler feel like a big girl and even if she is in a hurry to make it to the bathroom if she doesn’t make it, it’s no big deal. They allow our toddler to feel independent and we get to smile about that! If she has an accident at night, no big deal Pampers® Easy Ups has her covered because I know I can trust their leak protection.

Pampers Easy Ups toddler potty training tips1Preparing our children for milestones like potty training can take some adjusting to but the rewards are so worth it when your little one finally says, I did it!

What tips and tricks did you use to get your toddler to the potty?

1. Shell on May 11, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Ours were night trained first, so I figured that was a good sign. Potty training is something to celebrate- after it’s over!!!

2. Anjanette @MommaYoung on May 6, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Pull ups were such a big help for us. I couldn’t imagine potty training all our kids without them.

3. Travel Blogger on May 6, 2015 at 10:43 am

She is too cute! I love the Dora Easy Ups, my daughter would have loved them when we were potty training.

4. Karen on May 5, 2015 at 6:01 pm

They did not have this kind of thing when my children were potty training. My two girls trained really fast, but my son just would not go to the potty until he was almost 5! I think if he had some special pants it would have helped.

5. Amy Desrosiers on May 5, 2015 at 4:26 pm

My son is still in diapers, but he is graduating to these. He loves pulling them up by himself.

6. Rosey on May 5, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I liked these when mine were little. And your little one’s getting not so little oh so very fast!!

7. Demetra on May 5, 2015 at 1:35 pm

These are all great tips. I remember those potty training days, these would have made things much easier.

8. Camesha | Mama Motivator on May 5, 2015 at 12:49 pm

We are in potty training mode around here. Our son seemed to be a bit easier to train than our daughter. She’s challenging me. I’m trying to think of incentives for her. I’m thinking stickers. I’m sure anything with Frozen will be a winner for her.

9. Kristi on May 5, 2015 at 12:03 pm

After potty training our twin girls….i realized how very different the potty training process and experience are for every kid. One kid was all about bread as and the other was on her own terms and all about big girl undies.

10. Estelle Erasmus on May 5, 2015 at 9:24 am

These are great. We used them when my daughter was little. I’m glad those days are behind me, now.

11. Debbie L. on May 5, 2015 at 9:12 am

Pull Ups have made potty training so much easier. I would of loved to have them years ago when I was training my kids.

12. Beth@FrugalFroggie on May 5, 2015 at 7:15 am

I have tried a little bit to potty train my youngest. Once my oldest is out of school it is game on though.

13. Crystal on May 5, 2015 at 5:44 am

Pampers Easy Ups were a big part of our potty training process. I don’t think we would have been able to leave the house without them.

14. Ronni on May 5, 2015 at 3:40 am

When my oldest was little, they didn’t even have these! Thankfully, by the time my 2 youngest came along they did. Life changing!

15. Penelope on May 4, 2015 at 7:17 pm

These worked for us! They make kids feel independent.

16. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert on May 4, 2015 at 6:50 pm

We celebrated the victories like it was winning the Superbowl and just kept with it even when we wanted to give up. Sometimes kids need a bit of time to get it.

17. Debra on May 4, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Pull ups were great when potty training my kids. It was sort of like their first pair of underwear (but disposable) and taught them to pay attention to their own body cues…

18. Veronica on May 4, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I am kinda happy that potty training is wayyyy behind me. My youngest is 13, and both my kids caught on pretty quick

19. Christie on May 4, 2015 at 5:14 pm

I’m beginning the potty training with my daughter right now too! Easy Ups definitely make training much easier!

20. Debbie Denny on May 4, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I think these are great.Sure is an ego booster.

21. Liz Mays on May 4, 2015 at 3:58 pm

We tried a number of things to help our kids along. Easy ups were awesome for the transition period.

22. Jeanine on May 4, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I dont have any tips or tricks! I followed their lead and let them do it when they were ready! We used easy ups at night during the beginning of the process! Great stuff!

23. Marcie W. on May 4, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I think the biggest tips I have regarding potty training is that every child is different and consistency is key. Looks like your little girl is well on her way!

24. Megan @mnmspecial on May 4, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Great tips. My last little guy couldn’t have cared less about using the potty. I was so frustrated. My husband finally bought a whole bunch of mini Star Wars figures and he could pick one out every time he used the potty. He hasn’t had an accident since.

25. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle on May 4, 2015 at 9:09 am

Easy ups are so great. I used them with my middle child, and they work so well!

26. Stefany on May 4, 2015 at 6:25 am

I think the biggest thing is what you mentioned already… is your child ready? You are wasting your time, in my opinion, to try to potty train a child that isn’t ready. We have one more to get through and will be using Easy Ups again with her… when she is ready to do it!

27. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on May 4, 2015 at 3:06 am