Healthy Snacking & Tips For Success With Weight Watchers

This post was created as part of a relationship in which I was sponsored by Weight Watchers and given a free three month subscription to try their new Personal Coaching product and write about my experience. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own. #WeightWatchers #WWsponsoredweight watchers active and fitEvery day us moms are so busy with everything from shuttling around kids to even running a small business. I have found I can do more than I ever imagined since having three kids. I can manage all of their schedules, know exactly who’s socks are who’s and we even manage to find time for family fun along the way.

We live in a want it now type of society, everything we do we do with efficiency and it’s especially important if you find yourself overweight like I did. We want to do it now, eat it now, see it now, we want everything to happen right away and what I have learned this year is that you have to slow down and take it day by day to be truly efficient.

When I started training for my half marathon two years ago I was overweight and out of shape. I expected that when I started running that the weight would just fall off. As quickly as I seemed to have put on 70 pounds I figured losing the weight would be just as easy. Throughout the next two years I struggled with everything from exercise to eating right until I found Weight Watchers six months ago.
weight watchersWith the help form my Weight Watchers Personal Coach is that I’m not fueling my body right, especially with the added exercise from dancing several times a week and running half marathons. The one thing I never truly addressed was my diet, not just a diet just eating right and fueling my body the way it should be fueled.

It all starts with snacking and in this need everything fast society it all starts with planning ahead and making sure you have those snacks on hand. One thing I have learned is that you have eat right in order to lose weight, it’s not about a diet at all is just  learning what to eat and how much. weight watchers snacking

1. Be Ready! Keep healthy snacks around, portion them out and know what you are eating! Use a measuring cup and measure it out if you have to and stay prepared with plenty of healthy snacks ready to go!
  2. Use the Weight Watchers app to track snacks and foods, tracking what you eat will help you establish new healthy habits.
  3. Avoid mindless eating – Often we sit in front of the TV at night, or just grab something quick between school pickup and dinner.  Becoming concious about snacks and keeping healthy snacks readily available will help you snack healthy and stay on track.

weight watchers snacks

One thing I really like about Weight Watchers is that they make losing weight easy. With the Weight Watchers app you can easily track points and find inspiration from coaches 24/7!

I can also find healthy snack ideas and proper portion sizes right on Weight Watchers. I like that my personal coach continues to encourage me to eat the things I enjoy like fresh sweet oranges and unsweetened cereal for when I feel like I need a crunchy snack. Your coach can help you to understand where your eating habits are going wrong and how to find what works for you to have the success you want. healthy snacks

Join Weight Watchers today and finally do all those things you said you have wanted to do! It all starts with today! Taking small steps in the right direction, it’s those small steps that not only change you but change your life!

What are some of your healthy snacking tips?

1. Alena Belleque on March 26, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I find that if mindless eating is a problem, scheduling snacks is really helpful. Also, portioning out snacks for movies or game playing, individually rather than communally, is also really great for cutting down on over indulgence.

2. David on March 26, 2015 at 8:14 am

The key to any weight loss plan is moderation. You do not have to deprive yourself of foods you like, you just have to eat less of it.

3. Julie Wood on March 26, 2015 at 7:05 am

We like having yogurt, fruit, string cheese, and whole grain crackers for snacks! We love Yoplait yogurt-it is the best tasting!

4. Aubrey on March 25, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Weight watchers is such a good program. My mom was on it for years and loved it.

5. Autumn @Mamachallenge on March 25, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I try to have healthy snacks in the house for their snacks. They really enjoy cheese sticks and yogurt!

6. Vera Sweeney on March 25, 2015 at 9:23 pm

These are great tips! I am guilty of mindless eating in front of the tv at night!

7. Elizabeth @ BeingMVP on March 25, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Those are great tips. I just started logging everything I eat – I eat too much!!

8. Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins on March 25, 2015 at 6:55 pm

For health reasons, I have to place myself on a very strict diet and my problem is keeping track of everything that I eat. I’ll definitely have to check out the app, thanks!

9. Felissa @ Two Little Cavaliers on March 25, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I have always wanted to try out Weight Watchers! I know many people who love them!

10. Danielle on March 25, 2015 at 6:34 pm

I find that tracking what you eat definitely helps. As soon as my baby is born I’ll be right back to working on myself.

11. Tess on March 25, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Healthy snacks is the only way. I love those choices.

12. Melissa on March 25, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Great tips! I always have to have a healthy snack on me. It saves me from cheating on my diet while out!

13. Liz Mays on March 25, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Weight watchers sounds like such an easy and effective program. I need to take a look at their app!

14. Shauna on March 25, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I love a small apple with peanut butter. It cuts my afternoon craves and keeps me going 🙂

15. Dee Mauser on March 25, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Definitely eat fresh fruits and veggies and drink plenty of water. And avoid eating late at night. I like to brush my teeth shortly after dinner so I am not tempted to eat sweets.

16. Chelley @ AisForAdelaide on March 25, 2015 at 5:20 pm

These are great tips! Being ready is such a big one for me! I need to have something on hand to avoid being so hungry that I binge!

17. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on March 25, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Love the app! I try and reach for whole foods, unprocessed. Something from around the grocer perimeter!

18. Dawn on March 25, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I could totally use that app. I’m notorious for over indulging AND for not recognizing proper portions.

19. Amy D on March 25, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I lost 50 lbs in the past from following WW! Not sure why I fall off the bus so fast though!?

20. Jennifer on March 25, 2015 at 12:03 pm

The Weight Watchers app sounds great! The thing I love so much about Weight Watchers is that they are REAL, not some crazy fad.

21. Amber Edwards on March 25, 2015 at 11:55 am

Mindless eating was always my biggest trial. Doing the Weight Watcher program really opened my eye to what I was doing and I now do lot better of being mindful of what I eat.

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on March 25, 2015 at 11:01 am

Those are awesome tips. I am always hungry, so I snack a lot.