Putting Our Family’s Health First – Shopping Tobacco Free #ShopTobaccoFree

Having family affected by tobacco use it’s a very important cause for me to join in on the fight against tobacco with The Campaign For Tobacco Free Kids and while I am a compensated ambassador all opinions are my own.we shop tobacco free

Growing up I had family members who smoked, when I was 16 I experienced first hand my Grandfather’s rapid decline from lung cancer. I know how important it is to teach my children about the dangers of smoking so we can stop the habit before it ever continues in our family.

healthierHealth and fitness are important to me and as a mom it is important that my children live that same life. With their after school activities they stay plenty busy and I hope as they get older they will have developed those healthy habits.  When I was much younger I did smoke for some time I hope that my children never even try it. My wish for them is that they stay busy and happy and healthy and so we live that lifestyle every day. dayschool mia

The Costs Of Tobacco

• The real cost of tobacco – 480,000 lives and $289 billion in health care bills and economic losses each year.
  • Tobacco companies spend $8.8 billion per year, $1 million per hour on marketing.
  • You can see more facts here.

Smoking can really affect family’s. Tobacco use is the number one cause of preventable death in the United States, taking an enormous toll in lives, family’s, not to mention the health and medical costs. The vast majority of smokers start as kids so it’s more important than ever to teach our children. That’s why parents like myself are calling upon responsible retailers that should not be in the business of selling tobacco products. smoking

Retailers can help save lives and create a tobacco-free generation by choosing not to sell tobacco products. That’s why we chose to shop tobacco free and you can too by finding a store near you!

shop tobacco free

The facts are that we can all start to make a difference and there’s stores right ear you that are helping to make a difference. Find out the facts and the next time you shop try and shop tobacco free.

Show Your Support #ShopTobaccoFree

How could your family #ShopTobaccoFree?

1. Felicia on January 14, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Thank you for drawing more attention to this. It is so important to get the word out.

2. Debra on January 14, 2015 at 8:42 am

I love that in NY & NJ you cannot smoke in restaurants and in the office building where I work you have to stand outside an area marked off by blue dots, away from the building if you want to smoke.

3. Kiwi on January 13, 2015 at 10:59 pm

I am so happy there are retailers taking a stand and no selling tobacco! I never liked cigarette smoke and still dont understand why some people do it – its gross and yes it definitely affects health! Glad to really know this info and there are places who care about their consumers!

4. Veronica on January 13, 2015 at 9:09 pm

I think cigarettes are so gross and I am happy to see that I can dine out and be able to enjoy the atmosphere without cigarette fumes

5. Chrysa Duran on January 13, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Really? $8.8 billion per year, $1 million per hour on marketing their products??? Truly amazing amount of money. Do you think people would buy cigarettes if they cut back on ads & marketing?

6. Kendra on January 13, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I’ve been seeing the CVS and Truth.com ads lately. I think it’s great that CVS finally made the choice. It really always bothered me to see cigarettes in their stores. I’m glad they’re challenging other people as well.

7. Chrystal @ Nevermore Lane on January 13, 2015 at 5:13 pm

One of the best things I ever did for myself was to never ever smoke a cigarette. I grew up in a home where both parents smoke and it drove me crazy. My father passed away last year. My mother still smokes and 8 years ago her father passed away to lung cancer. It’s a terrible, expensive, and ultimately life threatening habit.

8. Travel Blogger on January 13, 2015 at 1:35 pm

And really, putting your families health first is the only reason you need. 🙂

9. Beth@FrugalFroggie on January 13, 2015 at 9:12 am

I shop at CVS which is tobacco free. I wish more stores would make the commitment to become tobacco free.

10. Rosey on January 13, 2015 at 8:12 am

We have several smokers in the family (my husband being one of them). Thankfully he doesn’t smoke in the main levels of the house, but I do still wish he’d quit.

11. Jeanine on January 12, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Smoking is gross. My husband smokes and is desperately trying to quit. I can’t stand. It never could. Wish they never sold the stuff.

12. Amanda A on January 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Isn’t it awesome how some stores are not refusing to sell tobacco products? CVS is one and I love it! What an awesome way to get awareness out there.

13. Nina Say on January 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I have noticed quite a few stores discontinue carrying tobacco products. It really is a great move, and I’m so proud that our country is moving in this direction.

14. Kecia on January 12, 2015 at 5:35 pm

My grandfather passed away from a tumor in his lung – byproduct of smoking. I can’t stand the smell, and the fewer places that provide cancer sticks, the better!

15. Liz Mays on January 12, 2015 at 4:25 pm

It’s awesome that you can find stores that don’t sell tobacco near you. I like to see stores taking a healthy initiative.

16. Pam on January 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm

My dad had COPD that was exacerbated by his use of tobacco. Our family has seen the results of tobacco and we don’t use it because of that.

17. Catherine S on January 12, 2015 at 2:54 pm

This is a great campaign. With my allergies and asthma I can’t be around any cigarette smoke. I will show my support and shop tobacco free.

18. Christie on January 12, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and HATE being around it! This is such a great campaign! I hope more retailers join!

19. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on January 12, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Smoking is just plain gross and I fully support places that have chosen not to tell tobacco products. Good for them.