Healthy and Fit With GNC Plant Protein #GNCPlantProtein

This post is brought to you by GNC and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
weight watchers active and fit

I am an active and busy mom of three and this year more than ever I’m taking account what I am eating to fuel my body. Out with foods that weigh me down and I’m choosing to eat and drink more of what is going to help my health and fitness goals. This year I plan on running many more half marathons and I know that in order to meet my goals I have to make changes.

One of those things is making sure I eat breakfast before I work out. Also making sure I eat small meals throughout the day. I’m not sure why it took me years to figure it out but I am finally learning that food does affect your body and the more healthy foods the better my body will treat me.

Making sure I have enough protein to not only power my muscles through workouts but so that I also feel full and fuel my body. Plant based proteins are the best way to go and that’s why GNC’s PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan Protein is a great fit for me.
gnc plant protein GNC’s first 20g plant-based protein with powerful whole-food-based blends that target vital core body systems with nature’s best ingredients for optimum health and exercise performance. There’s also 10g of aminos from five plant-based sources with no soy, gluten or dairy.2

Brown Rice Protein
  • But because brown rice protein is not a complete or whole protein, it is most commonly paired with pea protein to complete the essential amino acid profile.
  • Brown rice protein is a convenient source of protein for vegetarians.
Hemp Protein

• Hemp protein also has essential fatty acids like omega-3, omega-6 and is low in saturated fat.
  • Hemp protein is often higher in fiber compared to other protein powders.
  • Hemp protein provides essential amino acids our bodies need for growth and repair of muscles.
Pea Protein
  • Pea proteins are commonly high in the amino acids lysine and arginine
  • Pea protein is a great option for vegetarians and vegans
Soy Protein
  • Soy protein provides essential amino acids our bodies need for growth and repair of muscles.
  • Soy protein contains no cholesterol and very little fat.
  • Soy protein is a good option for people who follow a vegetarian diet.

strawberry smothie

One thing I like to do after a workout is refuel my body. I’m running 5 miles or dancing for an hour straight almost every single day of the week. When I say I am active I really enjoy these things so being active has become a part of my life. There’s nothing like a cool smoothie after a workout that really cools me down.

Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Ingredients –

• 2 scoops GNC’s PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan Protein
  • 2 Strawberries
  • 1 Bana cut up
  • 8 ice cubes
  • 5 ozs of water3

I like to keep things simple so just add everything and blend together until smooth. Enjoy cold! GNC's PUREDGE™ Complete Vegan Protein smoothie

Discover the power of plant-based proteins for yourself at GNC. Learn more at gnclivewell.com/plantprotein/.

What are your favorite healthy snacks that fuel your body?

1. Rosie on February 12, 2015 at 10:58 am

I’ve been looking for a new protein powder or two – I need to check out GNC!

2. Dandi D on February 9, 2015 at 5:26 am

I’ve never tried this kind of protein powder before, but it looks great!

3. Julie Wood on February 8, 2015 at 8:03 am

I love Healthy smoothies that give me energy! I make them all the time. I like almonds, fruit, veges and a good quality protein to keep me fueled.

4. Kiwi on January 20, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Im a smoothie freak so this was an awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

5. Tracey on January 20, 2015 at 8:34 am

I only use plant based protein. It is so much better for your body!

6. Tiffany (A Moms Take) on January 19, 2015 at 8:44 am

I like to make shakes with peanut butter in them. Smoothies get me through my busy mornings.

7. Rosey on January 16, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Putting it in a smoothie is perfect. I’ve been a vegetarian forever and a day, finding new ways to get protein is important to me.

8. Chrysa Duran on January 16, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Your smoothie looks delish! Thanks for going over all the proteins. I never knew there were so many. I’m all for fruit & veggies for healthy snacks.

9. Travel Blogger on January 16, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I had no knowledge of the different types of proteins you shared, thanks for those! The smoothy looks delicious too.

10. Chrystal @ YUM eating on January 16, 2015 at 11:12 am

I wanted to try this when I saw it on their website but I was concerned about the soy in it. I tried just a hemp protein and just a pea protein powder recently and both were really good but I need to stay away from soy.

11. Debbie L. on January 16, 2015 at 9:36 am

We always shop GNC – I will have to check this out. I seen it in the store but never really checked it out. I will next visit.

12. Jeanine on January 16, 2015 at 6:53 am

Yum this looks really great! I can do a smoothie like this! It’s the green ones that scare me away!

13. Debbie Denny on January 15, 2015 at 6:22 pm

We eat fruits alot. That smoothie looks great,.

14. Pam on January 15, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I love having protein shakes for breakfast because they actually keep me full. Some protein powders are definitely better than others though so I need to check this one out.

15. Catherine S on January 15, 2015 at 5:36 pm

This sounds like a great protein powered. I will have to make this smoothie for my husband.

16. Tracie on January 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm

I’m slowly getting into exercise this year, so this is really timely for me. I definitely would like to try this after my next workout.

17. Amanda A on January 15, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Looks so tasty! I have wanted t find a good quality protein for my shakes.

18. Christie on January 15, 2015 at 4:02 pm

This is a great vegan option! Your smoothie sounds so tasty!

19. Mary O'Malley on January 15, 2015 at 3:55 pm

This smoothie sounds delicious. I would have to say my favorite get energy snack would be a smoothie as well. It’s light, creamy and tastes sweet helping me avoid eating chocolate or other sweets.

20. Jaime on January 15, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast and upping my water intake. (It was a sad, sad amount of water I was drinking previously.) Overall, though, I’m reevaluating my eating habits and trying to better them as I can.

21. Lori Gunn on January 15, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for the great recipe for the Vegan strawberry-banana smoothie. Getting the right nutrients to stay healthy and do well in half marathons is very important. Good luck and let us know how the running is progressing.

22. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on January 15, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Yum! That smoothie looks really good! I love to snack on fresh fruits and veggies!