Working On Healthy – Weight Loss and the Journey Forward

This post was created as part of a relationship in which I was sponsored by Weight Watchers and given a free three month subscription to try their new Personal Coaching product and write about my experience. Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own. #WeightWatchers #WWsponsored

healthy kristin

I met my husband over 10 years ago and now after getting married, college, and in between having three beautiful girls I have slacked in being healthy. Like many moms after having our first baby I bounced back easily. I was young and active but that’s when my unhealthy eating habits started. I started spending more time on the computer and after having my second child I was a very unhealthy 200+ pounds. At my heaviest I was reaching the mid 200’s pounds and the weight really weighed on me, physically and emotionally. I was becoming depressed, that it affected so many parts of my life, including my marriage and being active with my kids. not healthy not happy

A lot happened during that time I traveled around the US visiting many different cities, from Los Angeles, to New York, Orlando, Florida, and many places in between. So many places I had once only dreamed about visiting. I went on TV and filmed interviews with big brands, and did all of these amazing new and exciting things I had never really imagined myself reaching, but yet I really struggled with feeling bad about myself. The weight that had weighed on me now weighed on my body and for more years after I carried it with me.

I think getting older just changes you, and in just the switch of a day, I decided I wasn’t going to feel bad anymore. I put on my running shoes and walked outside and it changed my life.

From a walk, to a jog, to a slow sprint, I worked my way up making sure to not hurt or push myself, but stayed committed and not being scared or nervous. Its important to not overwhelm yourself with losing weight and working,  I ran a 5K and then kept on running. I told myself that one day I would run a half marathon.

Life happened and we found ourselves expecting baby number three 3 fall seasons ago. After she was born I rededicated myself to working out, but with my efforts before I never fixed my diet. I would work and work and eat and eat. I lost weight but managed to keep stopping progress, shedding the pounds. I was slimming down, but not losing the stubborn weight in those stubborn areas.

healthier

I have finally run that half marathon I said I would do a half decade ago. Not just that, but I am stronger than I have been in years, I can do so much more with out feeling bothered by the extra weight.  I’m ready to finish what I started those years ago and work on my diet to get back to the shape and physical health I want to be, I used to snowboard as a kid, and I have given it a shot in my adult years and cant wait to return that condition again to hit the slopes.

But this time around, I know the key to losing weight is learning how I should be eating.

avengers half marathon weekend

I have already learned from Weight Watchers that I am harming my own health and fitness goals by not eating breakfast in the morning. It’s also why I snack horribly late at night and consume too many calories with foods that are not good for my health goals.

I am thrilled to be partnering with Weight Watchers this year to work make my new goals a reality in 2015! I think that just by understanding what I should be eating combined with my fitness goals for running more half marathons I can finally say goodbye to the unnecessary weight that I have carried for too long. I will also have access to 24/7 support online and a personal coach who will help me along the way.

That means I can finally get back to feeling and looking great too in my clothes, and my husband is there to support me with a new wardrobe for this summer. It means I can spend more time hiking and bike riding with my children and less time on the couch.  Here is to a New Year, a new me, and success for all. I have already come so far there’s no way I’m stopping now!

What are your health and fitness goals for 2015?

1. Kiwi on December 29, 2014 at 2:14 am

I am so happy you a getting on track with your health goals. I have always been pretty slim but after 25 the food is actually somewhat sticking to me…so I want to do some cycling classes!

2. Virginia @thatbaldchick on December 28, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Congratulations on your half marathon! My first one is on March 21st, which is one of my 2015 health and fitness goals. Also on my list is to run an entire 5K (no slowing to walk at those aid stations), do a 3 minute plank, do a 3 minute wall sit, and drop my body fat percentage to 20-24% (currently at 34%).

3. Jessica (Savory Experiments) on December 28, 2014 at 10:23 am

Good for you! One of my New Year’s resolutions is be more healthy as well. I need to make more of an effort to make it to the gym.

4. April Decheine on December 28, 2014 at 5:18 am

Congratulations too you! Weight Watchers is a great resource. I want to up my running this year. And work out three times a week.

5. fancygrlnancy on December 27, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Good luck on your goals. I hope to keep my weight down, maybe lose a couple pounds.

6. Tiffany (A Moms Take) on December 27, 2014 at 11:39 am

What a great journey you’ve been on. For 2015 I’d like to start going on walks more often, maybe even get back into running.

7. Kelly Hutchinson on December 27, 2014 at 8:00 am

I need to lose about 50 pounds, and that feels so overwhelming. I think Weight Watchers would help make it manageable.

8. Stacey- Travel Blogger on December 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm

You have came a long way! Keep up the good work!

9. Tammilee Tips on December 26, 2014 at 11:22 pm

You have come far!! Excited for you and your journey! Look forward to future updates.

10. Amber Edwards on December 26, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Oh that breakfast! That is the hardest meal for me to get in too! That is a big adjustment I am working on improving. Something else I learned since I’m beginning Weight Watchers too!

11. Anne on December 26, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Sounds like you have all the tools you need to be successful! I like the accountability that Weight Watchers offers.

12. Jaime on December 26, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Congrats on your weight loss! I love Weight Watchers. I’ve managed to lose a good amount of weight through their program.

13. Kathy on December 26, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I would love to get back into the shape I was in pre-babies. I have been exercising but I don’t eat as well as I should be. I can’t wait to follow along on your journey.

14. Jeanine on December 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I want to lose the rest of my baby #6 weight in 2015. The healthy way and start working out more often and go running!

15. Krystal on December 26, 2014 at 5:56 pm

That is an amazing journey! I’m ready to leave my bad habits behind and join you on your fitness journey!

16. Terry on December 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm

My Hubs is working on losing weight. He started out great… but when we went on vacation, he kind of slipped. A lot.

17. Amanda A on December 26, 2014 at 5:04 pm

woot woot you got this!!! I can’t wait to get back to my running once this little guy is born!

18. Debbie Denny on December 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm

My plan is just to maintain. Congrats on your run and your goals.

19. Pam on December 26, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Learning how to eat is always the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle. One of my goals this year is to drink more water and less soda.

20. Jenna Wood on December 26, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Well, believe it or not, just staying hydrated is a challenge for me. It’s great that you ran your first half marathon, congrats!

21. Elizabeth @ Being MVP on December 26, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Good luck on the journey! I’m motivated by you 🙂

22. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 26, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I count calories on my own, but I have heard good things about WW.