Kid Created Recipes with Toca Kitchen 2 #TocaKitchen2 #PurePlay

This is a compensated post with Toca Boca and Mom It Forward.
Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphoneLetting your children play and explore with food is one of the best ways to get them to eat foods like fruits and vegetables. Toca Kitchen 2 is a great way to get your kids exploring and playing in the kitchen. The app right away is a lot of fun because it feels like your own kitchen. You get to explore the refrigerator, chop and cook ingredients and even finish things off with a glass of fresh squeezed juice. It allows kids to create recipes and explore foods they may not cook with often and that means there is endless amounts of play with this App!

The Toca Boca Apps are made for kids ages 4 and up and what we like about Toca Kitchen 2 is that it lets kids cook however and whatever they want. You start by selecting a character and heading into the kitchen to get cooking! Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (3)

From there you can select any food item from the fridge to cook.  There are quite a few extra ingredients to add like salt and pepper, lemon and hot sauce. There are also 5 different kitchen tools (including a juicer, frying pan and an oven) to use to cook and don’t forget extras like a juicer! Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (2)Once you have cooked and chopped the food you can then feed your character.  Watch for their adorable reactions as they eat, our girls love this part! What I like as a parent is that like all Toca Boca apps, Toca Kitchen 2 has no in-app purchases or third-party advertising, making it a safe digital place for kids to play.

To have a little extra fun with the app this holiday we decided to make a fun holiday snacks. This recipe was created by our kids and will be great for hungry little ones this holiday. Our girls started by heading the fridge, just in like Toca Kitchen 2! Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (7)Preheat over to 375 degrees. Cut broccoli and pie crust, add cheddar cheese and it’s so easy that kids really enjoy this process. Use a fork to seal the edges.

Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (8)You will want to bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (9)

We had a lot of fun making this recipe and kid created recipes are often my favorite because our kids are so excited to enjoy them! You can check out our video:

In the end you have a golden brown delicious pie pocket that kiddos can enjoy while parents are entertained with other things. Add lunch meat and cheese for a fun lunch and it’s such a simple idea. Our kiddos came up with these because they have everything that kids like! Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (10)Toca Boca Cooking Recipe App iPad iPhone SMartphone (1)

You can find out more and download your own copy of the Toca Kitchen 2 App now. Be sure to stay connected and learn more by following Toca Boca on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.

How are you spending more time enjoying time with your children this holiday season?

1. 5 Tips for Cooking With Kids - Mom it Forward on January 2, 2015 at 11:37 am

[…] Our Ordinary Life: https://ourordinarylife.com/2014/12/kid-created-recipes-toca-kitchen-2-tocakitchen2-pureplay/ […]

2. Tiffany (A Moms Take) on December 24, 2014 at 5:11 am

My oldest would love to use this. She loves to cook and bake and just recently helped me with baking Christmas cookies.

3. Amy Desrosiers on December 23, 2014 at 5:24 pm

This sounds fun for my five and seven year olds. They love to cook so much!

4. Kelly Hutchinson on December 23, 2014 at 9:58 am

What a fun way to get the kids interested in cooking. Mine love to help me in the kitchen.

5. Janet W. on December 23, 2014 at 8:39 am

My grandsons would love this app! They have one of the Toca apps already and play it all the time.

6. Tammilee Tips on December 23, 2014 at 12:34 am

What a fun app for the kids!! I love that it gets them involved in the kitchen at a young age!

7. stephanie mcfarland on December 22, 2014 at 11:12 pm

so cute! i bet my boys would love it

8. Ellen That Chic Mom on December 22, 2014 at 9:42 pm

What a cute app and I love that you made the real recipe. These look delicious.

9. Gabriel Bregg on December 22, 2014 at 9:31 pm

This is a fun app, our kids LOVE helping us in the kitchen and must see TV for us is Masterchef Jr or one of the cooking shows on netflix. Teaching kids about nutrition, meal planning and prep is something people don’t think enough about anymore IMO.

10. Richard Hicks on December 22, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Want to get this app for the kids. They will love it

11. Alena Belleque (The Homemade Creative) on December 22, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Your kids are so cute! ♥ My daughter is a few months from turning 3, and this is the first holiday we’ve attempted a “project” – we made a cute snowman craft last night, and it turned out really cute!

12. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on December 22, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’ve been trying to slow it down lately. There’s always more room to be had for family time. You just have to want to make it.

13. Kathy on December 22, 2014 at 5:53 pm

The kids and I love cooking in the kitchen especially during the holidays. This app seems perfect for my Caroline. She loves to pretend to cook.

14. Jennifer on December 22, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I love to spend time with my kids by watching them chew on bones and play tug of war with a rope. They’re dogs… =D

15. Dawn on December 22, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I’m trying to just MAKE more time to enjoy with my son. Between my blog and his schedule, it’s tough.

16. Ladena on December 22, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I love the Toca Kitchen app. Its so fun. Great recipe you created with your kids. I’ll have to make that with mine over the holidays.

17. fancygrlnancy (Nancy Partin) on December 22, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I haven’t heard of this app before. This looks like so fun. My son would like this. And that recipe looks good. My son would love it.

18. Stefany on December 22, 2014 at 5:53 pm

This looks like a really fun app. My daughter would certainly enjoy it.