Getting Ready For Cold & Flu Season With #SwissHerbs

I felt the magic of Swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (5)
As the weather gets colder, wetter, and just miserable, it becomes the time of the year that we start to spend more indoors to avoid the elements. We also know this is that time of the year, the cold and flu season. Our children are getting sick, coughs, and sniffles are everywhere. It is official, cold and flu season is here and no one wants to be caught off guard.Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief
I stay on top of my responsibilities by being prepared for anything, anytime and all seasons of the year. With it being winter season, I like to stay prepared with the products that we have found to use the most during each cold and flu season. Even the simple sough and sore throat is enough to keep people in bed and out for action. When I feel under the weather, Ricola® Sugar Free Lemon Mint Drops keep me powering through my day by keeping my throat relieved which keeps me from being miserable. Whether it’s running for a workout or running after my kiddos, Ricola helps me feel my best, even if I start to feel my worst.

running5 Of Our Tips To Get Ready For Cold & Flu Season

1. Exercise – If you want to ward off getting sick, the best thing to do is stay healthy. Exercise is an essential part of overall health, so be sure to make time to get of activity in as it will only benefit you.
  2. Eat Your Veggies – Staying healthy means eating right and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will keep your body healthy.
  3. Wash Your Hands – Proper hand washing is a must, be sure to wash your hands after returning home from running errands!
  4. Power up!  –  Get a boost naturally from Ricola® Sugar Free Lemon Mint Drops. The refreshing thyme and peppermint in Ricola’s signature Chrüterchraft will provide you with a natural boost to your day, plus relief.
  5. Stay Prepared – Keep Ricola® Sugar Free Lemon Mint Drops around with other essentials like hot tea, tissues, and soup. Being prepared for cold and flu season will help you get better, faster. Ricola will help with symptoms and help you feel like you again.

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (2)
Getting sick isn’t an option for a busy mom like myself. Between my children, working out, being a business owner, and being a wife that shares household duties, life doesn’t stop when I get sick. I like to stay prepared for not only myself but also for my children and my husband. Ricola is a brand I trust for my entire family and it’s our most trusted when we do get sick.

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (6)
Find out more about the ingredients in Ricola products like Chrüterchraft.  Ricola® Sugar Free Lemon Mint Drops will help with sore throat relief, taste good, and keep me powering through my day. I know when I start to come down with a sickness, doing my best to ward it off is essential to how long it will last or who else I will get sick possibly. By starting with helping my body be its best and strongest, and not hurting and sore, I can make sure I am at my full capacity all throughout the year!

Are you getting ready for cold and flu season? Has your family gotten sick yet? What are some things you do to stay healthy this time of year?

1. Emily on December 19, 2014 at 7:58 am

Ricola Herbs just sound so healthy and natural! I love all of the new flavors.

2. christina aliperti on December 18, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I am physically prepared for cold and flu season but I don’t think I am mentally prepared for the cold weather here. I have always loved Ricola products. Thank you for the tips!

3. Chrystal @ YUM eating on December 18, 2014 at 11:37 am

I love Ricola but I am not a fan of how most of them taste. They sure to work good so I buy them based on that. They aren’t horrible, but have this weird taste. Hard to explain. But I’d rather they work than taste like candy!

4. Amy Lynn Desrosiers on December 18, 2014 at 12:20 pm

You can never have enough of these products to get you through the winter. Love Ricola products too!

5. Christie on December 18, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I always have a few packed in my purse. So important during winter!

• Marina on December 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Couldn’t agree with you more. A must have purse item for this time of year.

6. Gabriel Bregg on December 18, 2014 at 10:39 am

When I was in basic training, we called these “private crack’ because they were one thing we were allowed to have that was candy-ish. Since we were doing a lot of outside work in the winter in Missouri, they were nice to have around.

7. Rachelle J on December 18, 2014 at 10:15 am

I LOVE those things! That are a God send when I get sick. It seems like everyone around me has the flu, I’m just praying (and washing my hands like crazy) that my family and I are spared this year!

8. Racquel Schroder-Bregg on December 18, 2014 at 6:25 am

We already faced a nasty bout of the crud – high fevers then hand, foot, and mouth. It’s hard to prepare for cold season but you have given me some great ideas!

9. ourfamilyworld on December 17, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I’m always safe during the flu season, I tend to never catch it!

10. jeanine on December 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Love Ricola! Especially now I’m constantly getting sick and it’s the only thing that helps!

11. Rachel Ferrucci on December 17, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Love Ricola and keep them everywhere- purse, car, and all over the house. They are great at this time of year especially for that tickle in your throat

12. Marina on December 17, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I’m ready for cold and flu season. I have my Ricola cough drops stocked.

13. Dede on December 17, 2014 at 8:37 pm

My Christmas Cold is just around the corner. It never fails; I get sick right when we get out for Christmas break. I’ll have to stock up on these!

14. Sarah Marturano on December 17, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Ricola is my favorite go to in winter months. They taste amazing and work fast! Thanks for sharing these tips.

15. Krystal on December 17, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I love love Ricola and how it makes me feel! Clears me right on up!

16. Melissa SippyCupMom on December 17, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Oh yeah. Cold season is here for sure. I definitely will be getting some Ricola to help get through it.

17. Latoicha on December 17, 2014 at 7:15 pm

My family gets ready for cold and flu season by taking Vitamin C, eating right, and keeping our heads covered! LOL! I know that sounds old school, but I believe a covered head wards off many colds.

18. Ann Bacciaglia on December 17, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I am ready for cold and flu season. I just got my flu shot and i have a good supply of medications. I love Ricola drops. They sooth my throat when i feel sick. I have had two colds already this year.

19. Nina Say on December 17, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Ricola is one of those brands that brings back so many memories for me. My grandma used to give them to my brother and me in Church when we were young.

20. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on December 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm

One of my twins got over a 3 week cold and she’s got it again! I might be next so I’m stocking up on products like this, drinking lots of water and taking vitamins. I don’t have time to be sick, ever!

21. Pam on December 17, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I always keep Ricola drops around in the winter. It seems like I constantly have a sore throat.

22. Meagan on December 17, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Oh man, I hate cold/flu season! It’s the worst! We have been trying to be diligent about washing our hands all the time! Hope it pays off!

23. Liz Mays on December 17, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Ricola works so well. I always keep a package around the house.

24. Tammilee Tips on December 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Love the Ricola brand of cough drops. Great tips for getting ready, it seems I walwyas come back with a cold from our trips

25. Callie on December 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I wish I read this before I got sick!

26. Kecia on December 17, 2014 at 1:27 pm

We’ve all had a cold this season. My kids got sinus infections and ear aches to go along with them. I had quite a few Ricola last week when my throat was really scratchy and tickling.

27. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) on December 17, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Ricola is the ONLY brand of cough drops my hubby will use! They are great! We try to wash our hands A LOT. And yes, we have already been sick, but not as much as last year, fingers crossed it stays that way!

28. Catherine S on December 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm

These are all great tips. I am hoping to avoid getting sick this year. I have been eating healthier and exercising.

29. Tiffany (A Moms Take) on December 17, 2014 at 9:45 am

Last year my daughter got the flu. Hoping it doesn’t happen again this year. Those Swiss Herbs are our favorite here.

30. Betsy Mitchell on December 17, 2014 at 9:18 am

I can’t help but sing RIIICOOLAAAAA every time I purchase them at the store. They are my go to product for when I’m feeling sick.

31. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on December 17, 2014 at 9:16 am

I ujst picked up Ricola! I love them for our dry winter air!

32. Kathleen on December 17, 2014 at 8:01 am

These are good tips. I need to try some of them obviously, since I have already been sick twice this season.

33. Jaime on December 17, 2014 at 7:49 am

I’ve been sick a lot this fall. Thankfully, I’ve been well for a couple of weeks. I keep these drops on hand – they have helped me tremendously!

34. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on December 17, 2014 at 3:59 am

I have already been sick twice this winter. I just try to wash my hands better 🙂

35. Debbie Denny on December 17, 2014 at 3:38 am

Good advice. Love Ricola and is an awesome company.

36. Shell on December 17, 2014 at 12:33 am

These are all great ways to stay healthy. Ricola is a great brand and I like to keep them in my bag for those times I need one.

37. Mary O'Malley on December 16, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Ricola is one of my favorite cough drops. They don’t burn my throat, they help soothe and they taste delicious! Thanks for sharing this info.