Shop Tobacco Free This Holiday Season

Having family affected by tobacco use it’s a very important cause for me to join in on the fight against tobacco with The Campaign For Tobacco Free Kids and while I am a compensated ambassador all opinions are my own.
2014_10_20_shoptobaccofreeTobacco kills around 480,000 Americans every year and those lives could have been be saved. There are 40,000 preventable deaths each year just in the state of California alone! Each day there are 21,300 new smokers under the age of 18, with over 67.2 million packs of cigarettes sold to children every year. The majority of new smokers are children.  Tobacco is the only product that that will kill us if we use it as it is meant to be used. Help us support Tobacco-Free Retailers in our community this holiday season and help prevent the next generation of smokers.

Help make this world a better place and refuse to shop at retailers that continue to sell tobacco.  We have all seen the CVS commercials declaring that they have taken a stance towards healthy living by refusing to sell tobacco products in there stores. They were even willing to take a loss in sales due to this stance. Well, other stores have joined the fight against tobacco products and are refusing to sell tobacco in there stores as well.

In doing so, they are helping to create a generation that will be tobacco free. You can do your part in helping our children lead healthier lives by refusing to shop at stores that still sell tobacco products, like Walmart/Sam’s Club, Rite Aid, and Albertson’s.

Shop at stores that decline to sell tobacco this entire holiday shopping season, and every day, to show your support of this cause. These stores include Target, Trader Joe’s,Whole Foods, Fresh and Easy, and Sprouts many of which are right in my neighborhood!

You can log on to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids website to find other Tobacco-free retailers in your area. You can also download a badge for your social media site declaring that you are a tobacco-free shopper. Help spread the word about Tobacco-Free Retailers, and help get other retailers to make the switch. Tobacco use is an epidemic that can be prevented.

Are you willing to shop tobacco free this holiday?

we shop tobacco free

1. Mistee Dawn on November 30, 2014 at 1:40 am

What a great initiative. While I have struggled with smoking in the past, I have never smoked in the house or the car or anywhere near my child.

2. Lauren on November 29, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Definitely a tabacco free shopper. This is a great initiative!

3. Stacey- Travel Blogger on November 29, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Tobacco Free is the way to be! You would think that by now people would realize how horrible tobacco is for you and wouldn’t want to touch it!

4. Chelley @ A is For Adelaide on November 29, 2014 at 9:18 pm

This is grea! I gave up smoking years ago, and I’ve always known how disgusting and unhealthy it was. I am so happy to be a part of a group of shoppers that go to “smoke free” stores now!

5. Shauna on November 29, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I love this idea and truthfully have never thought about it before, but am all for it. Very smart and very cool. Thanks for sharing.

6. Dawn Lopez on November 29, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Wow, this is an awesome initiative and so important! Thanks for sharing with us, what a great cause to support!

7. Cathy @ Our Mini Family on November 29, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I love this initiative so much–my mom was a smoker for years, and watching her health deplete because of it was heart breaking. Smoking su***! I love CVS for taking a stand!

8. Tonya on November 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I used to smoke, but quit nearly 3 years ago. My family and I are so much better for it.

9. Amy Desrosiers on November 29, 2014 at 4:12 pm

We are a tobacco free home here. I could never subject my kids to second hand smoke..not fair.

10. Anne on November 29, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I hate smoking, and am glad these companies are taking a stand. I wish more companies would do this.

11. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 29, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Smoking is just gross. It makes me sick to have to walk through a cloud of smoke when I walk inside a place that doesn’t allow smoking indoors and I certainly don’t want my kids anywhere near it.