A New Movie About Pregnancy – 40 Weeks Movie #40WeeksMovie

This post is brought to you by the 40 Weeks movie and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.

Pregnancy is such a wonderful time in your life and there’s a new film that celebrates that. Pregnancy can be the most joyous time of your life but as new parents or even second time parents you’re always wanting more information. That’s exactly where the new 40 Weeks Movie aims to step in and help inform new and expecting parents about what is to come throughout their pregnancy journey.

40 Weeks is made for both moms and dads — presenting a few different families’ experiences on their journey into parenthood. In the film, universal milestones of pregnancy are presented hand in hand with the personal experiences of the film’s generous and amazing expectant couples. Their diverse backgrounds will resonate with audiences, reassuring any mom-to-be that she is not alone. I really felt like I got to connect with each expecting mom and by the end I was in tears watching them bring their new bundles of joy into the world.

40WeeksTo ensure that all health care information in the movie is accurate and current, 40 Weeks’ key partners include the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, the world’s largest nursing authority dedicated to the health of women and babies, HealthyWomen.org, the nation’s leading independent health information source for women, and the March of Dimes, the most respected non-profit organization dedicated to helping moms have full-term pregnancies and healthy babies.

I got a sneak peak at the movie and watched it with my husband. When I was pregnant with my first or even my third child this movie would have been enjoyable to watch. Not only does it give you useful information but you really get to connect with each story and by the end I couldn’t wait to meet each of their new bundles of joy.

Twitter Party!!!

Join this Twitter chat to share your own pregnancy experiences with other moms as we learn more about Big Belli’s movie 40 Weeks, including where to find a screening and how to host your own screenings around the country!
When: Tuesday, November 18 at 2 p.m. ET
Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #40WeeksMovie hashtag to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this Vite: http://vite.io/themotherhood
Hashtag: #40WeeksMovie
Prizes: We will be giving away five prizes to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. Each prize includes a $50 gift card and some special products that moms will love! Prizes are limited to U.S. participants only.
Follow: @TheMotherhood, @TheMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann

I would love to know what is one thing you wish you had known during pregnancy?

1. angele @shoeboxbegone on November 28, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I’m going to have to see this one, looks really interesting!

2. Marielle Altenor on November 20, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I want to see that movie. I had a really crappy pregnancy, lol I read a lot about what to expect and none of it prepared me for everything that I went through. I wish I had been more active during my pregnancy! It’s really important!

3. Melissa Vera on November 20, 2014 at 9:33 am

The first thing I wish I had known was what labor would have been like. I also wished I would have known what medicines I could take instead of trial and error.

4. kendall on November 19, 2014 at 11:15 am

I need to watch this! I love pregnancy movies!

5. Erica Brooks on November 19, 2014 at 9:34 am

I can’t think of anything that I wish I would have known during pregnancy. Thankfully I had two good pregnancies. Now there are a ton of things I wish I would have known about motherhood. lol

6. Kae James on November 19, 2014 at 9:21 am

Love this. It’s a beautiful journey even though mine was rough. It’s definitely a journey I would never forget.

7. Amanda @ Adorkablii on November 19, 2014 at 8:18 am

Hmm, This seems like a great concept. Pregnancy is an amazing journey for us woman.

8. celebbabylaundry on November 19, 2014 at 7:37 am

Sucks that I can’t join the Twitter party, but this movie is a beautiful concept!

9. Alyssa C on November 19, 2014 at 7:22 am

This should be interesting, pregnancy is such a journey for us!

10. Elizabeth O. on November 19, 2014 at 5:26 am

Pregnancy is really a journey for mothers.

11. Amber Louise Edwards on November 19, 2014 at 4:30 am

This should be interesting (not that I need it though).

12. Aisha Kristine Chong on November 19, 2014 at 1:03 am

I think I will try this once I get pregnant haha seems interesting.

13. Sandy on November 19, 2014 at 1:00 am

I had morning sickness for both my pregnancies. There were some great moments though.

14. Erin Kennedy on November 19, 2014 at 12:37 am

I can’t wait to see this as we are trying to get pregnant. Or maybe I should wait till after the baby? lol

15. Myrabev on November 18, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Looks and sounds like an interesting movie, never been pregnant so no idea what I should know or wish i knew lol

16. XmasDolly on November 18, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I wish I would’ve known that I was going to have so much darn heart burn and to have more tums in the house, and never to read Dr. Spock. Take one day at a time, and listen to your Mom. My mom helped me the most during my first pregnancy after that it was a breeze!

17. Catherine S on November 18, 2014 at 9:09 pm

What a great movie. I wish I had known how miserable it would be to be 8 months pregnant in the middle of summer. I was way to big and it was way too hot.

18. Liz Mays on November 18, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I wish I would have not bought so many maternity clothes. I really didn’t need them all!

19. Ourfamilyworld on November 18, 2014 at 7:23 pm

My neighbor is pregnant: I am sure she will enjoy it. I wish it was there when I was pregnant with my first child

20. Ann Bacciaglia on November 18, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I suffered from morning sickness all threw both of my pregnancies. I wish i had of known to try the sea bands to help relieve some of the nausea.

21. rochkirstin on November 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I think every pregnant woman can relate to the movie. It’s really great when you have a supporting husband who watches over you especially when you’re pregnant and taking care of the baby as well.

22. Erica on November 18, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I worked up until the last day and my first time working while pregnant and this was my first baby to come early. Maybe work is not such a great thing while pregnant.

23. Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell on November 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Very cool! I hadn’t heard of this movie yet… I’ll have to check it out 🙂

24. Pam on November 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm

One thing I wish I would have known is how nauseous I would be. That way I could have stocked up on saltine and sprites instead of having to send my husband out in the middle of the night.

25. Franc Ramon on November 18, 2014 at 4:38 pm

The movie 40 weeks can really help upcoming parents be more equipped with the process of pregnancy. This would really be a great and educational watch.

26. Eileen on November 18, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I haven’t been pregnant yet, so I wouldn’t know yet! But it’s great to be able to follow along with other women and see their experience! Thanks for sharing!

27. Dawn on November 18, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I think this is great! It’s about time there was a documentary about pregnancy. It’s not easy!

28. Shaney Vijendranath on November 18, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I wish I knew that things dont always go your way, I expected mine to go like everyone elses but it didnt. Not everyone is alike.

29. Fi Ní Neachtáin on November 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I’m not sure I’d watch a film about pregnancy. I do love reading some of my favourite bloggers pregnancy updates though. I wish I had know before pregnancy not to have any expectations.

30. Kungphoo on November 18, 2014 at 10:31 am

I wish that we knew exactly what was going to happen instead of surprises.. i did nothing but hold her hand, she did all the work..

31. Courtney on November 18, 2014 at 10:41 am

Sounds like an interesting movie!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

32. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 18, 2014 at 9:28 am

One thing I wish I had known? Hmmm. Maybe to take the entire pregnancy off from work so that I could have rested up. LOL.

33. Samantha Angell on November 18, 2014 at 9:38 am

I’ve never been pregnant before, so I’m not exactly sure. I know I have friends who would have enjoyed seeing this movie and knowing a little bit more about the process!