Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments with Elmer’s Painters Paint Markers

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Elmer’s via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Elmer’s.elmers craft

It’s that time of year when we become busy making memories together as a family. With the holidays near, we are starting to get ready for Christmas and as a big family we enjoy decorating and making things together. What’s more fun than all of us, including Dad, getting together to paint things?

Christmas is a wonderful time to spend time together and make memories and creating crafts with our children is a fun and easy way to spend more time together. Elmer’s Painters Paint Markers make crafting with kids especially easy. Every Christmas my children make ornaments; it’s just a fun tradition and fills our tree with hand made memories. Elmer’s Painters Paint Markers make it easy to create the perfect homemade ornaments.

To get started with our project, we bought some plain glass ornaments from the craft store filling each ornament with glitter and mini Christmas items that I also found at the craft store. We tried to find things that applied to them like baking goods and Christmas lights, basically anything small, cute, and fun.
elmers craft

I really like how easy Elmer’s Painters Paint Markers are to use. The paint goes on smooth and you don’t have to worry about it smudging or running. We had no problems with any streaking and the paint stayed on directly where it was applied and the markers didn’t slip at all, making it easy to write or draw a picture, even on glass.
elmers panters

Elmer’s Painters Paint Markers are easy for kids to grip and since they come in a pen there’s also minimal mess to clean up! We had no problem with the paint wear and smudging off and it dried in seconds making there virtually no paint mess like with many painting accessories.elmers painters

We had a lot of fun making this year’s ornaments and each of our girls got to personalize their own ornament. It’s a fun and creative way to spend time together and get in the holiday spirit. We all did our own ornaments and we all added something we felt was worth remembering. Being that we used paint, these will last forever and these are great keepsakes from our kids for 2014.

elmers craft
In the end you have creative ornaments that are truly unique and we make this a Christmas tradition so it’s fun to do year after year! These are also great for gifts and crafting ideas for groups and family to do during the holidays. Be sure to share your craft creations socially with hashtags: #DIYwithPainters and #PaintersMarkers.

elmers craft

What are some of your family traditions each year?

Painters® Paint Markers are as fresh and fun as the projects they create! These colorful opaque acrylic paint markers are perfect for decorating, drawing and personalizing almost any surface. Available in a variety of colors & tips, they are fast drying,

permanent, streak-free, non-toxic & acid free. Express Yourself™! Follow Elmer’s on Instagram & Pinterest

1. Tonia on November 30, 2014 at 9:24 am

We leave Santa a banana every year. Random…I know. I’m glad you shared these Painter Markers. I really need some.

2. Shannon Gosney on November 29, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I love the idea of decorating ornaments with the Elmer’s markers! Such a cute idea! Plus it looks like the kids had a blast decorating.

3. Christie on November 28, 2014 at 12:42 am

I love homemade ornaments for the tree. Those paint markers are perfect for preserving those works of art

4. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on November 27, 2014 at 7:40 am

We are totally doing this this weekend! Thanks for the craft!

5. Tiff @ Babes and Kids on November 27, 2014 at 7:03 am

This product is brilliant for kids, so much less mess. I love how the ornaments turned out. We have some fun holiday traditions and one that I love is making sugar cookies.

6. Kiwi on November 26, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I thought Elmers were just glue!! The more you know I have to go check these painters out and I love the idea of make your own ornaments!

7. Danielle H on November 26, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I honestly never thought to let my kids use the paint markers! And I love how nicely they worked even on the glass.

8. Ellen That Chic Mom on November 26, 2014 at 9:01 pm

What a cute idea we love crafting at Christmas these would be a great way for the kids to make gifts!

9. Rosey on November 26, 2014 at 8:35 pm

What a fun way to make ornaments. They turned out really cute too!

10. Melissa on November 26, 2014 at 8:14 pm

These are adorable! They did such a great job!

11. Amy Desrosiers on November 26, 2014 at 7:20 pm

What a great way to make memories! I love Elmer’s Painters too!

12. Elizabeth @ Being MVP on November 26, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Oh what a fun craft! I love those and will have to pick up some for the kids to use!

13. Emily @ Baby Dickey on November 26, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Love them! What a fun idea and a great gift or family tradition! Every year we make frosted sugar cookies and some handprint craft.

14. Lauren on November 26, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I love their painters pens. They are so much fun to use. The ornaments are adorable.

15. Debbie Denny on November 26, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Awesome markers. That looks like a fun keepsake.

16. Tiffany (A Moms Take) on November 26, 2014 at 2:11 pm

We make cookies every year, but this year I want to make those dough/salt ornaments with my kids and to let them paint them. I like your crafts ideas. Paint markers are the best!

17. Tracey on November 26, 2014 at 2:54 pm

This is such a great craft idea! They turned out awesome!

18. Krystal's Kitsch on November 26, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I could think of so many uses for these. They seem really awesome!

19. Amy Desrosiers on November 26, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I love Elmer’s products too! They always make for some crafting time!

20. Kathy on November 26, 2014 at 11:56 am

I love these Markers. I use them all the time in my classroom. What an adorable idea to use them to make ornaments. I have to get to the store to do this myself!

21. Amanda on November 26, 2014 at 10:57 am

I think their ornaments came out great. How fun to make this a yearly tradition!

22. Melissa @ This Girl's Life Blog on November 26, 2014 at 9:28 am

I love paint markers. I use them all the time because they are so much easier to write with than trying to write letters with a paintbrush.

23. Ann Bacciaglia on November 26, 2014 at 9:04 am

This is such a cute and easy way to make ornaments. They would make great Christmas gifts for grandparents.

24. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on November 26, 2014 at 6:29 am

Those are great, you can use them for so much this time of year. I’ll have to pick some up!

25. Brandy on November 26, 2014 at 7:19 am

I am in love with this craft idea, I love making things with the kids and have never made ornaments, that I can recall. This is perfect for our holiday season crafting. Thank you!

26. Melinda on November 26, 2014 at 6:16 am

they did a great job. I love how simple the markers make everything

27. Stacey- Travel Blogger on November 25, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I bet kids love doing crafts such as these. What better way to personalize your Christmas tree?

28. Lauren on November 26, 2014 at 12:02 am

These paint markers are really neat. I could see then being used a lot in our house. A lot of our traditions revolve around food and decorations.

29. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on November 25, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Those are too stinking cute! I absolutely love personalized ornaments.

30. Toni on November 25, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I love those ornaments. I am going to have to pick up some of the painters, my daughter loves to do stuff like this!

31. Paula on November 25, 2014 at 7:42 pm

These are nice! I will have to grab some and include them in gift baskets this year for the kiddos who like crafting.

32. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement on November 25, 2014 at 8:02 pm

These would be PERFECT for a project I want to do for my book club meeting next week! Those ornaments your kids made are too precious and I bet you took pride hanging them on the tree 🙂

33. jeanine on November 25, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Great idea! So cute too I need to do more of this with my kiddos!

34. Shasta on November 25, 2014 at 7:13 pm

What a great craft activity to do with the kids.

35. Lisa Bristol on November 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm

This is such a cute idea. It would be a great gift for Christmas.

36. Shauna on November 25, 2014 at 6:56 pm

You know, those would be perfect activities to do on Friday. Thanks so much for sharing… so awesome

37. Debra on November 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Those are cute ornaments that the kids made. We always bake cookies.

38. Amber Edwards on November 25, 2014 at 5:48 pm

We love to make new ornaments each year! And I am loving how easy those Painters make decorating the ornaments! I may have to try that this year!

39. Liz Mays on November 25, 2014 at 5:37 pm

These are awesome, these make so many craft projects possible. They eliminate the mess of paint brushes too.

40. Shell on November 25, 2014 at 5:37 pm

What a cute idea! We like to make ornaments every year.

41. Jennifer Sikora on November 25, 2014 at 5:34 pm

My daughter loves paint markers. We made ornaments last year similar to these. Yours are adorable and your kids looked like they had a lot of fun making them.

42. Dawn on November 25, 2014 at 5:26 pm

These ornaments look great! I would love for my family and I to make some this year!

43. Shell on November 25, 2014 at 5:15 pm

These are perfect for so many crafts! Being able to paint with them makes them perfect for kids too.

• Toni on December 4, 2014 at 4:46 am

I agree they would be great for so much. My daughter would go to town with these.

44. tammileetips on November 25, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Love Elmer’s products! Those pens look so easy to use and your results are amazing! I am going to have to look for these in the store

45. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on November 25, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Those are adorable! What a great project to do with the kids. I love it.

46. Mitch on November 25, 2014 at 1:41 pm

SO easy and fun! We love Elmer’s products! My son is an artist and I must get this for his supply drawer!

47. Jennifer on November 25, 2014 at 2:25 pm

That is too cute! I had no idea that Elmer’s made anything other than glue. Very cool.

48. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 25, 2014 at 1:22 pm

That is such a cute idea. I think they came out great.