5 Tips To Get Ready For Cold & Flu Season

I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (5)

As the weather gets colder and we start spending more and more time indoors we know it’s that time of year when our children are getting sick. Cold and flu season is here and you don’t want it to catch you off guard. That’s why I like to stay prepared with the products we use the most during cold and flu season. Even when I feel under the weather Ricola® Herb & Throat Drops keep me powering through my day. So whether it’s running for a workout or running after my kiddos Ricola is a product I trust to help me feel my best, even if I start to feel my worst.

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief5 Tips To Get Ready For Cold & Flu Season

1. Exercise – If you want to ward off getting sick the best thing to do is stay healthy. Exercise is an essential part of overall health so getting plenty of it will only benefit you.
  2. Eat Your Veggies – Staying healthy means eating right so eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will keep your body healthy.
  3. Wash Your Hands – Proper hand washing is a must, be sure to wash your hands after returning home from running errands!
  4. Power up!  –  Get a boost naturally from Ricola Revitalizing Herb Drops. The refreshing thyme and peppermint in Ricola’s signature Chrüterchraft will provide you a natural boost to your day.
  5. Stay Prepared – Keep Ricola Herb Drops around with other essentials like hot tea and tissues. Being prepared for cold and flu season will help you get better, faster. Ricola will help with symptoms and help you feel like you again.

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (2)

Getting sick isn’t an option for a busy mom like myself. Between my children, working out and running a household life doesn’t stop when I get sick. I like to stay prepared for not only myself but also for my children. Ricola is a brand I trust for my entire family and it’s our most trusted when we do get sick.

Ricola Lemon Mint Sugar Free Cough Relief (6)

Are you getting ready for cold and flu season? Has your family gotten sick yet? What are some things you do to stay healthy this time of year?

1. Rebecca Swenor on November 21, 2014 at 2:14 pm

This is a great list indeed. I have always love Ricola cough drops that taste like black licorice . I have to pick some up tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

2. Brandy on November 21, 2014 at 9:23 am

I am trying to get my sons to be better about washing hands, they are the worse about it. Drives me bonkers. I have been sick all week so let that be a lesson to them to wash their hands. I preached “wash your hands” all week while I was sick!

3. john lopez on November 21, 2014 at 5:51 am

Washing your hands with anti bacterial soap is our rules on our house before and after eat. Great tips thank you for new idea.

4. Brandy on November 20, 2014 at 11:44 am

I love ricola, that is my go to cough drop for sure when I am sick. I love that most of theirs has honey in it and they taste much better than the other medicated like kinds that my boyfriend uses. Ricola helps a lot and is the best.

5. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on November 20, 2014 at 3:38 am

All great tips that I try to follow! I wish I could pass out the cough drops to coworkers though….there are a lot of coughs in my office.

6. Elizabeth O. on November 20, 2014 at 12:40 am

This is definitely perfect for the cold season.Hygiene is very important.

7. HilLesha on November 19, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Wonderful tips! The Ricola cough drops have been helping me getting through with a cough that wants to linger from a cold that I had weeks ago.

8. Amy Desrosiers on November 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm

My pantry is literally stocked with Ricola products! I love the cherry ones the best!

9. Beth@FrugalFroggie on November 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm

So not ready for flu season. My youngest seems to have a runny nose. Hope it is just a little cold.

10. Carly Anderson on November 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Thanks for these great tips! We always have Ricola ready in the house.

11. Kiwi on November 19, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Everytime I heard Ricola I think of the yodeling commerical lol! I love this brand always good to soothe your throat.

12. Lara on November 19, 2014 at 9:10 am

Great tips! I am a maniac this time of year. Just call me the sanitizing queen! LOL

13. Debbie (MAD Hippies Life) on November 19, 2014 at 5:46 am

Love the tips on staying healthy. We’ve been a Ricola family for many years. 🙂

14. Rosey on November 19, 2014 at 5:29 am

My son’s teacher last year kept hand sanitizer in the room at all times and she encouraged the kids to use it often. I thought that was awesome. Parents donated sanitizer too to help her cut costs.

15. Johanna on November 19, 2014 at 5:14 am

I love Riccola, they have some really good selection of different tastes. And it always works when I have the first symptoms of a sour throught.

16. Emily on November 18, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Something about the winter makes me not want to exercise and to eat more. It’s a good thing it’s sweater weather! I truly need to follow these tips though…

17. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly on November 18, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Definitely not ready this is a great reminder that I still need to get my flu shot!

18. Virginia @thatbaldchick on November 18, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Handwashing is so important during this season. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?

19. Estelle Erasmus on November 18, 2014 at 9:55 pm

We are getting ready for cold and flu season. So far so good but we always have cold remedies on hand like Ricola.

20. Manu Kalia on November 18, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I agree! Having a sanitizer for hands is a must to all children. Thank you for the tips

21. Chrysa Duran on November 18, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I”m so ready for the cold and flu season! Bring it on! We love the Ricola drops and always have them on hand!

22. Tiffany (A Mom's Take) on November 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Those are my favorite cough drops. I always have some on hand, just in case.

23. estherjulee on November 18, 2014 at 7:39 pm

i am def not ready for cold season.. just hoping that it passes without touching us this year. we love ricola in our house for sure! 🙂

24. Tracie on November 18, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Great tips! Ricola is our go-to cough drop in my family.

25. Jessica (Savory Experiments) on November 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm

If I don’t admit it exists, will it go away??? I had the flu last year despite having a flu shot and it was MISERABLE!!!

26. Chrystal @ YUM eating on November 18, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Riccola isn’t the best tasting, but darn it they sure do work good!

27. Risa on November 18, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I try to eat lots of citrus or drink orange juice during cold and flu season. The vitamin C helps me ward things off.

28. Amy @ Marvelous Mommy on November 18, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Hand washing is so important! I will have to try those Ricola Revitalizing Herb Drops!

29. Christie on November 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I definitely keep a stock in cough drops when it’s this time of year. In fact, I have some Ricola ready in my purse!

30. Jenn @TheRebelChick on November 18, 2014 at 11:40 am

Thank you for sharing your tips for avoiding colds and the flu! I am always afraid that I will get sick during the holidays with the weather changing and all. There’s so much to do, I just can’t afford to catch a cold. Vitamin C helps me so much!

31. Debbie Denny on November 18, 2014 at 11:15 am

Great tips. Love Riccola. They work great/

32. Theresa on November 18, 2014 at 11:04 am

Great tips! My husband swears by drinking a glass of oj every morning for that boost of Vitamin C. Must work because he is never sick!

33. Lynndee on November 18, 2014 at 9:58 am

Thank you for the tips. I always make it a point to have my boys wash their hands before we eat.

34. Billie Rowell on November 18, 2014 at 9:42 am

We double up on the hand washing and have cough drops, vitamin c, and other things available when needed.

35. Ann Bacciaglia on November 18, 2014 at 9:04 am

I am just getting over a cold. I am not looking forward to the colder weather coming. It already feels so cold. These are all great tips to help you be prepared for cold season.

36. Nichole on November 18, 2014 at 8:56 am

I am always reminding my little boys to wash their hands! Hoping the habit will catch soon!

37. Amanda @ Adorkablii on November 18, 2014 at 7:37 am

I hate being sick. I try to do as many as home remedies I can before loading up on meds. Thank you for sharing! Some great tips!

38. Amby felix on November 18, 2014 at 8:26 am

Those drops are awesome! My mom used to buy them for me as a kid and that’s still a go-to brand when my little ones are under the weather! Great tips! I do a lot of natural stuff for colds/flu.

39. Alyssa C on November 18, 2014 at 8:10 am

Great tips, I hate flu season! I do a lot of home remedies!

40. Shaney Vijendranath on November 18, 2014 at 6:45 am

My hubby is sick at the moment so this post really helps! I love your suggestions, thanks for sharing. You have great photos too!

41. Nancy @ Whispered Inspirations on November 18, 2014 at 7:28 am

Love this, thanks for the tips. I already got sick this year and it wasn’t pleasant. Back to school season was not good to us.

42. Erica on November 18, 2014 at 6:14 am

I am so not ready for cold and flu season. I did however get my flu shot but other than that… I’m not ready

43. Elizabeth O on November 18, 2014 at 5:01 am

I guess I will need this soon. 🙁

44. Rena McDaniel on November 18, 2014 at 3:01 am

I already feel my first cold of the season coming on even though I am trying to prevent it! I will definitely have to restock on all of these goodies for the season!

45. Samantha Angell on November 18, 2014 at 1:59 am

These are all great tips. I think being prepared is the one I follow the most- my husband and I are from the US but live in Sweden 9 months of the year, so I always bring tons of cold medicines/etc!

46. Fi Ní Neachtáin on November 18, 2014 at 1:25 am

I’ve seen so many ads for Ricola lately. I’ll have to go and get some to see what they’re like.

47. Juliana RW on November 18, 2014 at 1:07 am

At this moment, I am coughing. I hate this flu season. Looks this Ricola can help me 😀

48. Shelley Zurek on November 18, 2014 at 12:02 am

I lived in Switzerland and these really were popular there. I found them soothing.

49. Myrabev on November 17, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Always important have them tissues on hand, washing hands and eating the veggies too. I so despise the cold season and those people who don’t care how they spreading the germs

50. Carrie - Huppie Mama on November 17, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I like Ricola for my sore throats and coughs. Glad they’re sugar-free!

51. Erica Brooks on November 17, 2014 at 8:47 pm

My hubby likes Ricola. I need to try these Ricola Revitalizing Herb Drops.

52. Jennifer on November 17, 2014 at 9:24 pm

My husband is a Ricola fiend. He gets a horrible scratchy throat at least once a week, and Ricola knocks it out.

53. Liz Mays on November 17, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I have a stash of those on hand at all times. They work so great!

54. Donna on November 17, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Our son got the flu mist the first of Oct. and my husband and I got our in Feb. so we probably won’t get ours again until Jan. or Feb. We keep reminding our son to wash his hands… a lot. 🙂

55. Nolie on November 17, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I wash my hands like crazy in the winter. DOesn’t help the dry skin issue but I hate getting sick.

56. Mama to 5 BLessings on November 17, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Definitely sounds wonderful for colds/illness. I have tried them myself a few times!

57. Maria on November 17, 2014 at 7:28 pm

The bad news is, yes, we have all gotten sick already. The good news is, it’s already behind us. We always wash our hands before eating, & try to get plenty of rest to keep our bodies repaired & restored.

58. Marina John on November 17, 2014 at 7:48 pm

These are awesome tips! We keep a nice stock of Ricola on hand at all times too.

59. Amy Desrosiers on November 17, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I have stock in Ricola for any time when we have sore throats or coughs. i love the taste and texture of their products.

60. courtney on November 17, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Ughhhh I can’t believe cold and flu season is here…. Great tips on how to prepare for it 🙂

61. Felicia on November 17, 2014 at 7:16 pm

These are great tips. We love to keep a little Ricola on hand as well.

62. Francine @ Teresa's Family Cleaning on November 17, 2014 at 6:10 pm

These are all great tips. I am forever getting sick this time of year!

63. Dee Mauser on November 17, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I am always stocked up on soaps and hand sanitizers so my hands stay clean although I can’t always avoid viruses. When it comes to cough drops I prefer Ricola because they’re mild yet really help coat my throat when it’s irritated.

64. Shauna on November 17, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Well, two out of three of my kids have already gotten a cold and Hubby just came home saying he felt something coming on… ugh! Will have to stop by and pick up some Ricolla tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

65. Amber Louise Edwards on November 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I always have lozenges and cold medicines. Never too early to prepare…

66. Chelley @ AisForAdelaide on November 17, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I hope we don’t get colds this year!!! BUT, I always keep couch drops around to help ease the dry air in the mornings- I’ll have to try these lemon mint! They sound refreshing and great for the throat!

67. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on November 17, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Great tips, we have all had such bad colds already this Fall, I don’t want to go through that again!

68. Eileen on November 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Great tips! With winter on the way, I’m sure these tips will come in handy for me!

69. michele d on November 17, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Good hand washing, enough fluids and plenty of sleep!

70. Jeanine on November 17, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Washing our hands and being sure to use tissues is a huge one (or two) for us! Hate spreading those germs!

71. Franc Ramon on November 17, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Ricola can really freshen the breath when you have cough and colds. I also use them when I have cough and colds.

72. Pam on November 17, 2014 at 5:23 pm

We’re definitely prepared for cold and flu season this year. We have hand sanitizer everywhere.

73. Kari Jordan on November 17, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Oh, if I could just get my kids to believe the hand-washing thing!!! How many colds and viruses would we be spared!

74. Krystal's Kitsch on November 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Veggies are so important too! I need to remember to eat more everyday.

75. Lisa on November 17, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I have a house full of kids, so I’m really big on the hand washing. Wash, wash, wash! Because I don’t need the creeping crud, thank you.

76. Kelly Hutchinson on November 17, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Hand washing is so important to keep the germs away. But if you get sick, these are the best cough drops.

77. Meagan on November 17, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I can’t believe that it’s already cold and flu season! I will be trying to get as much rest as I can to help prevent sickness!

78. Paula on November 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Washing hands is the biggest thing we do and teach the kids. These are all great ideas to stay healthy!

79. Vicki W on November 17, 2014 at 3:28 pm

We do a lot of hand washing around here as well as keeping a can of disinfecting spray in every room! Our family always turns to Ricola cough drops when our systems get down! I love and agree with all of the tips!

• Meagan on November 17, 2014 at 4:45 pm

What a great idea – keeping disinfectant in every room! Going to have to try this!

80. Terri Ramsey Beavers on November 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Thank you so much for these great tips. I haven’t had my flu shot yet and I plan to very soon. I am a believer in washing my hands to death. I’ve never tried Ricola but I’m going to.

81. Marybeth Hamilton on November 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I’ll take any tips I can get for preparing for cold and flu season. Now if you can teach me an exact way to keep those germs out of my house I’d be thrilled!!

82. Jennifer Sikora on November 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

These tips will definitely come in handy! I just restocked and bought a bag of Riccola to add to my cold and flu stash

83. susan on November 17, 2014 at 11:28 am

Washing your hands again and again is so very important to help stop the spread of germs. Also have some great drops on hand is great.

84. Debbie L. on November 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Good tips – washing your hands & being prepared are key at our house. I like to keep all flu and cold items on hand. Ricola are cough drops of choice.

85. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on November 17, 2014 at 10:55 am

We are always washing our hands! Can’t be too safe, right?

86. Dawn on November 17, 2014 at 11:45 am

I’ve got to give these herb drops a try. I HATE getting sick, so I’ll try anything that keeps the bugs away.

87. Deborah A. on November 17, 2014 at 11:17 am

We have only had sniffles around here, nothing more serious, thank goodness. We always try to keep lots of vitamin c on hand for when we do feel a cold coming on. We’ll have to get some Ricola too!