You’ve Been Spooked – Powering Halloween With Energizer

halloween safety tips

Halloween is coming and we are starting to get prepared for trick or treaters. We live in a large neighborhood so we will also be doing trick or treating ourselves. It’s important to us that our chilren are safe and that’s why we have teamed up with Energizer this Halloween to share a few important safety tips. We also wanted to share the fun and there’s nothing better than a “You’ve Been Spooked” tradition to start in our neighborhood!

Energizer Lighting for Halloween trick or treating (7)Halloween Safety Tips –

• Plan a trick-or-treat route ahead of time. Create a route that avoids major intersections, but does have safe crosswalks and sidewalks. If there are no sidewalks, be sure to walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Always look both ways before crossing any street.
  • Keep a portable light on hand (or head). As the sun sets, you don’t want to be caught in the dark. Energizer portable lights ensure you’re ready to hit the streets on Halloween night:

o Energizer® LED 2 in 1 light Fusion Flashlights – Compact and versatile, Energizer Light Fusion Technology products are convenient, water resistant and provide impressively bright long lasting light—easily seen by drivers and other pedestrians.

o Headlights – Powerful Energizer LED headlights are lightweight and convenient – perfect for keeping hands free. That way, you may hold your child’s hand, while their other clutches the ever-important candy container. The headlight can even add to or be a part of a costume!

•  Walk, don’t run. Take your time and walk; don’t run from house to house on Halloween night. Use Energizer portable lights to be aware of decorations or other obstructions in yard and on sidewalks to avoid trips and falls.
  • Be selective. Only visit well-lit houses and avoid stopping at dark houses. Remind your children to stay in groups and never accept rides from strangers or enter homes without a parent or guardian.Energizer Lighting for Halloween trick or treating (6)

We have already picked up some of our favorite Energizer products including extra Energizer Max Batteries to help keep our lights going all night.

spooked halloween printablesTo share in the Halloween spirit we wanted to share the power and inspire our neighborhood to have a safe and Happy Halloween! You can download your own we got spooked sign and spooked halloween letter and start some fun in your neighborhood!

To celebrate in all the spooky fun we started with two of our neighbors. Our next door neighbors don’t have any children but love their pets so we made sure their pets got included in the spooky surprise. A fun Halloween banner, kitchen towels and Energizer products will help them get a fun start to the spooky season. Energizer Lighting for Halloween trick or treating (4)

We also shared the surprise with another neighbor and it was really fun just getting into the season. It’s simple and kind gestures towards our neighbors that create a healthier and safer neighborhood for us all. Energizer Lighting for Halloween trick or treating (5)

The most important thing is making sure we stay safe this Halloween and we hope to inspire our neighborhood to have a safe and spooky Halloween season!

How are you staying safe this Halloween season?

1. Debbie Denny on October 16, 2014 at 10:01 am

Very important to be safe. Flashlight is essential.

2. Camesha on October 13, 2014 at 8:10 pm

What a cute package you shared with your neighbor. Halloween is definitely one of those times to think about safety measures. We tend to contain our fun by staying in out neighborhood or going to events.

You offer some great tips for staying safe.

3. Marina @ Mommy Snippets on October 13, 2014 at 8:56 am

Energizer batteries are awesome! We always keep some on hand.

4. Shannon Gosney on October 13, 2014 at 7:29 am

That looks like such a fun gift basket! These are some great tips for being safe on Halloween night.

5. Mommy Pehpot on October 12, 2014 at 7:30 pm

We all want a safe Halloween don’t we?

AS for me, we’ll be using less props for the Halloween to be safe 🙂 and less fire hazardous props too!

6. Amanda on October 11, 2014 at 5:14 am

What a fun goody basket! My kids LOVE flashlights. This would make a perfect “Boo’d”basket!

7. Candy O on October 10, 2014 at 11:45 pm

I love these ideas! We participated in a “You’ve been Boo’d” baskets. It was so much fun!

8. HilLesha on October 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

That Disney Princess flashlight is simply adorable!

9. Rebecca Swenor on October 10, 2014 at 2:48 pm

These are great tips for staying save for Halloween. It is important for kids to have a flashlight I think while out trick or treating .

10. Ann Bacciaglia on October 10, 2014 at 12:30 pm

When my kids used to trick or treat we would always carry flash lights. We had red strobe lights that would clip onto the back of the kids costumes.

11. Christie on October 10, 2014 at 11:46 am

Flashlights are a great idea. We always have at least one when trick or treating

12. Tracey on October 10, 2014 at 11:21 am

These are awesome tips! Smart to add in the flashlight.

13. Tamika on October 10, 2014 at 10:43 am

I love energizer! They have a long, quality battery. I use them for hearing, flashlights, toothbrushes and toys. I have been using their batteries for about 15 years and it’s still my go-to battery.

14. celebbabylaundry on October 10, 2014 at 10:09 am

Having a flash light while you’re trick or treating is important in case it gets too dark.

• Krystal on October 10, 2014 at 10:34 am

It definitely is. You’ve also got cars to worry about sometimes.

15. Travel Blogger on October 10, 2014 at 9:04 am

Love the little flashlight! Thats going to come in handy for trick or treating 🙂

16. Krystal on October 10, 2014 at 8:54 am

It’s always got to be safety first when trick or treating. Those flashlights need to be in top working order, and the cell phones need to be charged. Thanks for all the tips.

17. Amanda @ Adorkablii on October 10, 2014 at 7:40 am

I am not a huge fan of Halloween. I was as a kid but as a parent, it bothers me. We tell our kids not to accept candy from strangers and then once a year we dress them up to accept candy from strangers! I walk with my son, always have and probably always will. I don’t care if its embarrassing or anything, it is not that safe out there anymore!

Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful tips!!!

18. Mel Cole on October 10, 2014 at 7:03 am

It’s that time of the year again 🙂 Thank you for the safety tips. Yes, those flashlights can come in handy when trick or treating and it gets dark around 6 to 7 pm.

19. melinda on October 10, 2014 at 5:34 am

I miss this activity from our old neighborhood. I have to remember to stock up on flashlights this year for trick or treating

20. Nile on October 10, 2014 at 4:31 am

We’re lucky that the neighborhood we trick or treat in is well lit. My son is getting to the age that he can go with friends and be in a group. However, when he was younger, we always kept a close eye on him and the candy that was given to him.

21. Christina on October 9, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Thanks for the tips to stay safe on halloween. The flashlights are a great idea and I love the pictures.

22. Ashley Nicole on October 9, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I never even considered having a flashlight while you trick or treat. My mother used to always just walk with me. Thinking back it was probably a safer time than it is now. This will definitely be included this year when I take my niece trick or treating.

23. Beth@FrugalFroggie on October 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I make sure they have light sticks around their necks to make sure they can be seen. And I hold their hands.

24. Veronica on October 9, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Flashlights are a must for trick or treaters. Better to stock up on Energizer batteries

25. FamiGami on October 9, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I like Energizer. We use their rechargeable batteries and they’re great!

26. Patty on October 9, 2014 at 6:48 pm

All excellent tips. I don’t get any trick or treaters which makes me sad. Nor do I have children to take trick or treating.

27. Kiwi on October 9, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I love the mini light that would be great for the children trick-or-treating! you shared some awesome tips!

28. Tanya Coffman on October 9, 2014 at 4:57 pm

This is so adorable! Thank you for these amazing printouts…now to fill some baskets and spook some of my neighbors! 😀

29. Nina Say on October 9, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Flash lights are my biggest rule on halloween, we also use glow sticks for extra visibility.

30. Andi on October 9, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I don’t really celebrate Halloween, don’t have kids and don’t live in an area trafficked by trick or treaters. My office has a crazy Halloween party every year so I will have to participate in that!

31. michele d on October 9, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Those are great tips for Halloween. Thank you for these tips!

32. Erica Brooks on October 9, 2014 at 3:16 pm

The flashlights are a good idea. Maybe we’ll carry some this year. We stay safe by staying in our neighborhood which is usually well lit during trick or treat time.

33. Chrystal @ YUM eating on October 9, 2014 at 2:55 pm

That floating lantern looks pretty neat. Kiddo always packs a little flashlight in her candy bag. You pretty much have to on the east side of the states as it gets dark so early here.

34. Pam on October 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

We always make sure to bring flashlights with us when we trick or treat, just to be safe! The last few times we went, we went to a neighborhood with so many trick or treaters that the police close down the roads to make it safer!

35. JoAnna on October 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Great tips! I’m a little too old for trick or treating now, but I sure do miss it a whole lot! And I definitely enjoy handing out candy to all the cute trick or treaters 🙂

Cheers,
    JoAnna
    foreverinparadise.net

36. Danielle on October 9, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Great Tip! This is a great reminder for all trick or treaters! Thanks!

37. Mitch on October 9, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for the safety reminder! This may be the last year my son goes with an adult, but we have a very kid friendly and bust apartment complex, so they travel in groups and should be fine. PS, I have a huge supply of Energizer on hand since I lived through 911, a blackout, and Hurricane Sandy.

38. Dawn on October 9, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Great tips and a great goody bucket! You gotta keep it safe and keep it interesting.

39. Billie Rowell on October 9, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I go with my kids but i think we all need flashlights lol. Great tips! Thank you.

40. Bonnie @ wemake7 on October 9, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Very great tips! It’s always important to remember these every Halloween, thank you.

41. Letty C. on October 9, 2014 at 11:49 am

Yes we do keep safe during halloween. Thank you for the tips.

42. Savannah Miller on October 9, 2014 at 9:30 am

I check all my kiddos candy and I think this year we may just stick to mall trick or treating.

If we do go out I make sure to have bright colors on them and glow sticks 🙂

43. Catherine S on October 9, 2014 at 8:52 am

These are all great tips. I always try to light up the area around my front door so they kids don’t fall and they know someone is home.

44. Susanna @Zealous Mom on October 9, 2014 at 3:33 am

It’s always so important to keep safety at the forefront when trick-or-treating. These are great tips. Thank you!

45. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on October 9, 2014 at 2:45 am

We definitley always bring flashlights when we trick or treat. It helps to see where we are going!

46. Theresa on October 8, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Even though I go with my girls, I like for them to have their own flashlights while TOT. Energizer is our battery of choice. And you are so thoughtful remembering the neighbor doggies in the spook basket! I bet they loved their treats!