Jr. Frosty™ Halloween Coupon Book at Wendy’s #Frosty4Adoption

kristin

It’s is very important to me that I help t support foster children. See I myself am one of the faces of foster care and at 18 months old I went into the system. I aged out of foster care at 18 and was one of the lucky ones who found support and eventually I went on to college. I think one of the biggest things is having the support to have a dream and reach for it. I was lucky that in my life I had people who cared about me enough to help me in my journey.

wendys food

Support Foster Children

Right now you can easily give back right in your own community!  Visit your local participating Wendy’s® to purchase a Jr. Frosty™ Halloween Coupon Book for $1, while supplies last (available through October 31, 2014,).

As a mom with children of my own having lunch at Wendy’s was a great time to talk to them about my childhood. Then explain and share with them the simple ways we can give back to kids who in many cases are living a childhood somewhat like mine. It’s important for me that I never forget and that I give back and that’s why supporting Wendy’s in this effort was so easy for our family.

Support Foster Children - Jr. Frosty™ Halloween Coupon Book at Wendy's

Visit your local Wendy’s® to purchase a Jr. Frosty™ Halloween Coupon Book* for $1, which benefits theDave Thomas Foundation for Adoption®!

*Coupon book may contain coupons for 5 or 10 free Jr. Frosty™ treats. Prices and participation may vary. Ninety cents to every $1 coupon booklet sold between 9/15/14 and 10/31/14 will benefit the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption®. Coupons valid from 11/1/14 through 2/1/15. ©2014 Oldemark LLC”

How are you giving back in your community?

I was selected for this opportunity and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1. Alysia on October 15, 2014 at 10:30 pm

We don’t eat fast food but, after reading this post and realizing what they’re doing with this one, we’ll make the exception for Frosties.

2. R U S S on October 15, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Good job to Wendy’s for coming up with a campaign that promotes such a good cause. I hope they’d do something like this in the Philippines as well.

3. Marielle Altenor on October 15, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Glad to hear that you were able to get out of the system. I can see how supporting foster children is important to you. I’m happy to hear that Wendy’s is part of this amazing campaign! I always do my best to give back to my community but wish there was more I could do.

4. Mommy Pehpot on October 15, 2014 at 5:53 pm

That’s very nice of Wendy’s to support foster homes. I am not sure if Wendy’s here in my country have the same promo but if ever they do, I would gladly help.

5. Andrea Kruse on October 15, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Such a great campaign! Love that Wendy’s gives back like that.

6. HilLesha on October 14, 2014 at 5:50 pm

This is so wonderful of Wendy’s to do! I’d love to be a foster parent down the road since the foster care system greatly needs improvement.

7. Psycho Momma on October 14, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I had no idea that Wendy’s even did this! I will stop and get some one the next time I go by. The individual coupons would be great to stick in Halloween bags, too!

8. Letty C. on October 14, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Great promotion for a great cause. Thanks for sharing

9. Rebecca Swenor on October 14, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Kudos to Wendy’s for supporting a great cause. I think the coupon book is an awesome idea. Thanks for shairng.

10. Ann Bacciaglia on October 14, 2014 at 8:27 am

We like to donate to our local Food Bank. I have bought a few of these coupon books to hand out for Halloween.

11. Alyssa C on October 14, 2014 at 8:05 am

Great promotion! We love Wendy’s!

12. Krystal on October 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

This is a great cause. I’m definitely getting a book to support foster kids!

13. Roch on October 13, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Supporting foster children is a great way of giving back to the community. I just hope that more people will be like you here in Manila since there are plenty of street children who have lost touch with relatives and parents.

14. Tamika on October 13, 2014 at 6:08 pm

This is why I always purchase Wendy Book’s because it helps children. I just purchase about sixty of them today and I can’t wait to pass them out during the Halloween evening.

15. Bonnie @ wemake7 on October 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm

That’s really great what they are doing. Thanks for sharing.

16. FamiGami on October 13, 2014 at 6:00 pm

That’s a pretty cool deal. No pun intended of course!

17. michele d on October 13, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Great promotion of giving back. I admire Wendy’s for doing so. Love their Frosty’s too so good!

18. Kungphoo on October 13, 2014 at 5:07 pm

my kids love this one.. so we now have a few books for frostys.. its something great they do this.

19. JoAnna on October 13, 2014 at 2:28 pm

What a great promotion for Wendy’s to be doing. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
    JoAnna
    foreverinparadise.net

20. Liz Mays on October 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I’m so glad to know that Wendy’s is supporting these children. I can only imagine how tough it must be to be in the system. No home. No parents. Questions of self-worth. I will definitely pick up a book to support this cause.

21. Deanna ritz on October 13, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I would love to help support foster care. I didn’t realize Wendy’s was doing this right now. I’m going to hop over there to help support. I can always use a frosty! 🙂

22. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) on October 13, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I love ways to give back to the community! I love this, thanks for sharing!

23. amber.m on October 13, 2014 at 11:44 am

Oh my gosh, we LOVE frosties!

24. Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy on October 13, 2014 at 11:22 am

I love what Wendy’s is doing for these kids. I’ll definitely get a book. I love Frostys, and I love a good cause. Perfect!

25. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on October 13, 2014 at 10:42 am

It’s awesome that Wendy’s is doing this. I am definitely getting a book.

26. Samantha Angell on October 13, 2014 at 10:38 am

I always loved the frosty coupon books from Wendys! Great that they are supporting a good cause.

27. Erica Brooks on October 13, 2014 at 10:04 am

Great promotion. I think the work Wendy’s is doing to find foster children homes is wonderful.