Simplify Your Morning Routine #First59

first 59Mornings are a crazy busy hectic time of the day where it feels like everything is a rush. Between the kids getting up and out of the house the first hour of our day is the busiest. We recently shared some of our biggest morning struggles and with the help from IKEA we found some real solutions for our busy family.

To have some added fun I created this fun Morning To Do List Printable to get your kiddos up and out of bed and on track for the day! morning to do list printable

Our biggest morning routine struggle comes from the bathroom.

Our girls share their bathroom space so we really wanted to make the space more organized and for each of them to have their own space. Not to mention our towel wrack was broken and our girls needed a real solution for storing their personal things especially our oldest who needs to be able to organize her bathroom items out of reach of her little sisters. IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (8)We found the EKBY ALEX shelf from IKEA to be a great solution. It features two drawers that pull out but not enough to come out so you know they’re safe. There’s plenty of storage and shelf space too!

IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (2)Other solutions form IKEA include towels that have hooks that are perfect for hanging and they go perfectly with IKEA hangers.  Soft rugs and new butterfly artwork really transform this space. IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (5)

Having the towels in easy access and their bathroom items out of the way and on the shelf really allows them to use the space. It’s much easier to get around and creates less chaos. IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (1)

I really like the bright colors and soft textures and for our girls it means a brighter way to start their day! IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (6) IKEA Bathroom Shelf Items (4)

The first hour of the morning can be challenging, hectic and stressful. Join IKEA and the  First :59 program to discover more ways to make your morning routine a little easier.

Ikea is making mornings easier with their simple storage solutions right now you can find your own inspiration by checking out the First :59 Pinterest Board. You can also follow socially with #First59 and share your morning struggles.

How could your morning routine be simplified?

1. Melissa @ This Girl's Life Blog on October 10, 2014 at 8:53 am

I love IKEA but I don’t have one close by. 🙁 Booo… They have so many great things.

2. Liz Mays on October 8, 2014 at 11:35 am

I have never been in an IKEA, and I’m dying to go. I know I’ll find TONS of things I could use just like you did.

3. Stefani Tolson on October 7, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I love IKEA but don’t get to shop there as often as I like. I like your idea of the shelfs up high for your older daughters. My daughters need something like this to keep their little brother out of their stuff.

4. Camesha on October 7, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Your bathroom is too cute! I haven’t been to Ikea in forever! I so need to get my Ikea fix.

5. Amanda on October 7, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Love the bathroom pics! Our morning would be easier if I had more breakfasts made ahead!

6. Carly Anderson on October 7, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I love that cute printable! IKEA has lots of great things to make mornings easier.

7. Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks) on October 7, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I need to get their bags, outfits, and lunches prepared earlier!

8. Mary on October 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

That bathroom was pretty adorable. I love the layout and all the storage in it!

9. Jenn on October 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Mornings get easier when they get older!! It’s quite freeing actually 😉

10. Brett on October 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Mornings are the worst, huh?!
    IKEA is 1 of those places I could walk around in all day. That shelf is really cute!

11. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty on October 7, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I heart Ikea. Your bathroom looks awesome, and what a fun printable!

12. Krystal's Kitsch on October 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm

That printable is GENIUS! I also love how bright and fun your bathroom is. Major inspiration for me.

13. Ann Bacciaglia on October 7, 2014 at 10:58 am

I love Ikea. We just moved into a new home and have been making several trips to Ikea. I have bought quite a few new pieces.

14. Billie on October 7, 2014 at 10:06 am

I’ve never been a morning person so I’m so glad that Jake is old enough to take care of his morning routine himself.

15. Chrystal @ YUM eating on October 7, 2014 at 9:30 am

Our weekdays are pretty simple since it’s mostly just me getting up. The dogs are my alarm clock and we get up when its time to go out. I feed them while they are outside and start the coffee. When they come in, I grab the coffee and head to the fish tank. Then I start my day. I work from home so it makes it easy. Hubs gets up early on his work days as he works 12 hr hospital shifts. Kiddo is only with us on weekends, and those mornings and pretty relaxed unless we have someplace to be.

16. Laura Grace Andry on October 7, 2014 at 8:27 am

I love how bright and colorful this bathroom is and I love your space saving tricks with the Ikea hooks. I have some changes to make to our kids bathroom and this gave me some great ideas. Thanks!

17. Jeanine on October 7, 2014 at 8:17 am

Our biggest struggle is bathroom too. Even though we have 3 of them, we use 2 and even that isn’t enough!

18. Rosey on October 7, 2014 at 6:53 am

I like the bright colors too. Everything looks great, three cheers for Ikea.

19. April on October 7, 2014 at 6:48 am

If I went to be earlier, my morning would be easier on me. I try but it is tough.

20. Amanda on October 7, 2014 at 4:10 am

I think I need to wake up earlier. I am FAR from a morning person. I for sure wait until the last minute possible to roll out of bed.

21. Christie on October 7, 2014 at 3:31 am

Kids really rely on a good routine, especially during school days! I’m glad that IKEA is keeping your family sane

22. Danielle @ We Have It All on October 6, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Love your pics, your girls are cute. We have to make ways for our kids to share spaces, having 6 kids, there’s no other way.

23. Theresa on October 6, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Your bathroom is so cute! We tend to wake the older girl up first so she can finish her bathroom routine before the younger one. Seems to be working well so far.

24. Katrina on October 6, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I’m thankful my kids are on a little bit of a different schedule which helps with morning craziness, but I’m dreading having all 3 of them fighting for the bathroom.

25. Courtney on October 6, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I have one daughter, and I make sure everything is set up the night before. The only way I could make it any easier would be if we all went to bed with our clothes on.

26. Ann BAcciaglia on October 6, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I love the colour of the towels. I also love the way you organized the bathroom and made it much more user friendly for the kids.

27. Felicia on October 6, 2014 at 8:35 pm

YOu have an adorable bathroom! I think we could simplify just by laying clothes out for the next day.

28. Beth@FrugalFroggie on October 6, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I like the bright colors. And I like those carpets. Those would make for a nice bathroom.

29. Veronica on October 6, 2014 at 7:08 pm

starting with an organized bathroom and closet is a great start. I like when my day starts smoothly

30. Jennifer on October 6, 2014 at 7:07 pm

IKEA is awesome. I got half the furnishings in my house from them.

31. Amy D on October 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I love Ikea so much and could spend all day there! My kids need to get a better routine in the morning other than fighting!

32. Nolie on October 6, 2014 at 5:58 pm

My kids are thankfully really good at knowing their mornings routines which s awesome since mommy doesn’t function pre coffee.

33. Shell on October 6, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Their bathroom is super cute! I try to get as much ready the night before as we can.

34. Mickey on October 6, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I could not love IKEA more, but have to drive a long way to get to the closest location. I would absolutely love to have one in Raleigh, NC!!

35. Mama to 5 BLessings on October 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Love IKEA! We are re-doing our boys room and this shelf would be perfect for their Lego’s.

• Dawn on October 6, 2014 at 9:22 pm

IKEA is awesome. They have just about everything there, and some of their storage solutions are really creative.

36. April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition on October 6, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I get up early to have my own quiet time. That’s my most productive time so doing that really starts my day off right.

37. Lisa Bristol on October 6, 2014 at 4:40 pm

My morning routine would be a lot simpler if i was more organized. I like the floating shelf with drawers. Great for storage.

38. Rachelle J on October 6, 2014 at 2:55 pm

What an adorable bathroom you have! I wish we had an Ikea here! The closest one to me is in Atlanta (about 4 hours from me) but I have family there so we always stop in when we go!

39. Dawn on October 6, 2014 at 2:50 pm

This is great to help reduce morning craziness. I’m a big fan of printables. Thanks for this.

40. Donna on October 6, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I have to say that the mornings are usually very pleasant there. My son is super easy to get up, and I have everything ready the night before, so it goes smoothly here.

41. Pam on October 6, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I love the printable. IKEA makes so many great products to simplify your morning routine. We’re not morning people in our family, so it’s important for us to do whatever we can to make it easier to get going.

42. Aimee Smith on October 6, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Ikea is my favorite, so affordable. This printable is so cute, thank you for sharing with us!

43. Tammi @ My Organized Chaos on October 6, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I love the colours in that bathroom! We need some shelving, our small bathroom isn’t enough for the kids things plus towels!

44. Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy on October 6, 2014 at 12:46 pm

This is an awesome printable. We totally need this in our house.

45. fancygrlnancy (Nancy Partin) on October 6, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Great shelf, love IKEA. I try to set everything out he night before to make mornings simpler. Plus having my husband to take my oldest to school is so very helpful.

46. Jenna Wood on October 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

My morning could use one of those toasters that toast bagels from frozen….I wonder if IKEA sells those- Any way we can get breakfast going faster….

47. Shauna on October 6, 2014 at 11:28 am

We definitely have a morning routine. Thankfully Hubby takes the older two and I take the younger… super simple when we tag-team

48. Paula on October 6, 2014 at 11:22 am

The colors are just great for the bathroom! The shelf is so nice… functional and out of the way at the same time.

49. Christina on October 6, 2014 at 10:32 am

My morning routine is no easier with a teen than it was with a toddler. He is so slow in the morning lol. I make sure he takes out what he needs the night before and it helps a bit, but my son is like a turtle in the mornings!

50. Janel (A Mom's Take) on October 6, 2014 at 7:46 am

I like to do a lot of prep the night before, because mornings are hard around here. Getting 4 boys out the door on time each morning is challenging. I could like to make sure all homework is done and back packs are ready to go the night before.

51. Jessica (Savory Experiments) on October 6, 2014 at 5:06 am

Routines makes everything easier. I love the colorful download and your colorful bathroom!

52. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on October 6, 2014 at 2:40 am

I find that packing lunches & laying out the kids clothes the night before really helps us save time in the morning.

• Danielle @ We Have It All on October 7, 2014 at 11:21 am

Oh yeah, these kinds of things help us too. And now just with my 5 yr old but my teen girls too!

53. Shannon Gosney on October 5, 2014 at 7:04 pm

We love shopping at IKEA! There are so many great storage solutions there. We’ll be investing more in our home now that we have 6 kids here full time! Thanks for sharing. 🙂