Food For Toddlers – An Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe

fun food for toddlers

We enjoy getting creative with my children’s food that’s why we created this fun recipe today sponsored by Enfagrow. It’s good for them to find new ways to enjoy the things they already love. One thing we do around here is eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, it’s very important for me to make sure my kids are getting all the nutrients they need to grow up healthy and strong. It’s important that we make food for toddlers fun and tasty too!

Did you know? DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid and building block for the brain. Since 85% of brain growth happens within the first three years of a child’s life. It’s important that as they grow they continue to get DHA that their little bodies need.

Enfagrow makes a line of toddler drinks that have DHA and they’re a great transition for little ones.  They are nutritionally tailored for toddlers one to three years and designed to complement a toddler’s regular diet. Sometimes I have a little picky eater so I like to make her food fun so she wants to eat better.

enfagrow

One of our favorite things to do is make smoothies. It’s such a fun way to enjoy fruits and vegetables and our girls really like making them too. To help ensure that our toddler gets DHA we created this fun smoothie with the Enfagrow Toddler Next Step milk drink.

Using the same amount of Enfagrow as directed on the package  we added fruit in for a fun new twist on this milk drink!

Toddler Fruit Smoothie

• 3 strawberries
  • 4 scoops of Enfagrow Toddler Next Step Natural Milk Flavor
  • 4 cherries
  • 2 apple slices

toddler smoothie

Add 16 ozs of water and 3 ice cubes and blend together until smooth! Your toddler will enjoy this fun new food and you can that she got nutrients she needs to grow healthy and strong.

enfagrow smoothie

Mia has so much fun helping me in the kitchen and strawberries are her favorite fruit. I know it’s the best way to get her to enjoy her food and that’s what makes this smoothie so special!  To learn more about the benefits of DHA in your toddler’s diet, you can visit the website.

Giveaway!!!

One winner will receive an Enfagrow gift package that will include the following:

• One Toddler Transitions Can (21oz.)
  • One Toddler Next Step Natural Milk Flavor Can (24oz.)

Leave a comment below and tell me what you like about Enfagrow and some of the fun foods your toddler likes to try!

I received compensation and free Enfagrow products for this post.

* NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS AND OLDER ARE WHO ALREADY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion begins 9/30/2014 at 12:00 AM PST and ends at 11:59 PM PST on 10/11/2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Official Rules, eligibility, prize descriptions and odds disclosure are available at http://www.thesitsgirls.com/sweepstakes-official-rules/ . Sponsor: Mead Johnson & Company, LLC, 2400 West Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, IN 47721.

I received compensation and free Enfagrow for this post. Enfagrow would be happy to help you with your question. Please contact them at 1-800-BABY-123

1. Food Recipes | Food Recipes on October 11, 2014 at 8:35 pm

[…] Food For Toddlers – An Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe https://ourordinarylife.com/We enjoy getting creative with my children's food that's why we created this fun recipe today sponsored by Enfagrow. It's good for them to find new ways to enjoy the things they already love. One thing we do around here is eat … […]

2. Melanie Comello on October 10, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I like that it has all the nutrients and vitamins my little girl needs and that she likes the taste of it. Especially since she’s lactose intolerant, and she doesn’t like the taste of other options like silk and almond milk. And i am very lucky, my little girl loves to try anything!! If i eat it she tries it 😉 one of her absolute favorites since she’s been about 6 months old has been avocados. She likes them in any way that you prep them 🙂

3. susan smoaks on October 10, 2014 at 12:19 pm

i would love to make these smoothies for our son

4. Of Coffee and Crackers on October 10, 2014 at 2:24 am

We all love smoothie! And this is one of my little one’s fave too! 🙂 Thank you for sharing..

5. Brittney House on October 9, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I love that it has nutrients to help infants grow. My daughter really likes applesauces right now.

6. Natalie on October 9, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I would never of thought of using this for smoothies, only 2 of 4 kids liked the taste of formula to start with. However I like the idea behind it.

7. Liz Mays on October 8, 2014 at 7:44 pm

You’re so smart to use that in the smoothie! What a great way to sneak in some nutrition.

8. Melissa Smith on October 8, 2014 at 10:09 am

My daughter loves her morning smoothies, but I never thought about putting Enfagrow in them. Thanks for the idea!

9. Michaela R. on October 8, 2014 at 6:04 am

My niece loves things with Avocados!

10. Elizabeth Copeland on October 7, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Oh, quick and easy substitute for regular milk in the smoothie, that’s easy to keep in the pantry, too. Great idea!

11. Barbie's Beauty Bits on October 7, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Smoothie sounds yummy. Love the idea of this for the kids.

12. Nicole on October 7, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I wasn’t aware they had these drinks. I will have to get some for my daughter. The smoothie looks delicious.

13. Krystal's Kitsch on October 7, 2014 at 1:55 pm

The baby bullet is so cute! 🙂 Love this idea to make smoothies.

14. Rebecca Swenor on October 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm

What a great idea to make smoothies for the kids with Enfagrow. I will have to share this with my niece who has lil ones. Thanks for the recipe.

15. Danielle on October 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I love smoothies for myself and love to enjoy them with the kiddo! This one completely fortified this way would be an awesome treat!

16. jo on October 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

What I love EnfaGrow is that the brand has been there for awhile so I trust it. I never thought of using them for smoothies too, what a great idea!

17. Michelle on October 7, 2014 at 9:40 am

When my kids aged out of formula I gave them Next Step because they were still being so picky with their food.. I never thought to make a smoothie from it. Great idea.

18. Tamika on October 7, 2014 at 9:17 am

I had no idea you can make smoothies out of this formula. I just emailed my grand daughter’s mother to make this for her. Thanks for the tips.

19. Deanna ritz on October 7, 2014 at 9:05 am

I hadn’t thought about making smoothies out of Enfamil. Great idea and thanks so much for the tip. I’ll try this tonight.

20. Mary Ann on October 7, 2014 at 7:56 am

Great recipe idea! Your little girl is adorable!

21. Alyssa C on October 7, 2014 at 6:52 am

I’m going to share this with a friend, she was just looking at that Milk Drink!

22. Terri Ingraham | Sugar Free Glow on October 7, 2014 at 3:54 am

Smoothies are such a wonderful way to get some nutrients into everyone but especially picky toddlers!

23. Bonnie @ wemake7 on October 7, 2014 at 3:25 am

Great post! That is a wonderful way to make a smoothie.

24. Melanie on October 7, 2014 at 3:22 am

Your blender is so cute! This is such a good idea to get the kids all their nutrients!

25. Kenneth Agudo on October 6, 2014 at 11:26 pm

For sure it is tasty and at the same time, it was with a twist. Putting some veggie and fruits make it more healthy drink.

26. XmasDolly on October 6, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Nope! Our babies aren’t big enough for this stuff yet, and the others are too big, but it sure looks yummy! I’ll have to remember this one.

27. FamiGami on October 6, 2014 at 8:55 pm

My daughter is huge fan of smoothies. If we can sneak in some extra vitamins and other good stuff, might as well!

28. Mama to 5 BLessings on October 6, 2014 at 8:06 pm

We have this too, I never thought of adding it to a smoothie. That is a wonderful idea!

29. Erica Brooks on October 6, 2014 at 6:25 pm

This is such a great treat for a toddler. I gave my daughter smoothies when she was a toddler and to this day she loves a fruit smoothie.

30. Tricia G on October 6, 2014 at 5:54 pm

The smoothies sound awesome!

31. Nolie on October 6, 2014 at 5:36 pm

My 2 year old is a super picky eater. I should pick some up and make this as he loves smoothies.

32. Amanda on October 6, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I never would have thought about making a smoothie! What a great idea!

33. Kungphoo on October 6, 2014 at 3:54 pm

How ingenious this is.. we never thought of doing that when our kids were smaller..

34. Nina Say on October 6, 2014 at 3:53 pm

What a wonderful recipe! My two year old would love this smoothie.

35. Debi @ The Spring Mount 6 Pack on October 6, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I love this. It’s a great way to break away from the boredom of straight milk.

36. Taylor on October 6, 2014 at 2:54 pm

That blender is adorable! I would’ve loved that growing up!!

37. Carmen Perez (listen2mama) on October 6, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Smoothies for kiddies, how awesome! I think my daughter would’ve really enjoyed those!

38. Paula Parker on October 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I love this easy smoothie recipe. Great color and sounds so yummy and nutritious.

39. Tina Bredbury on October 6, 2014 at 10:13 am

Great idea, love that you can sneak nutrition in on the picky ones. My kids would love to try that smoothie 🙂 YUM

40. Robin (Masshole Mommy) on October 6, 2014 at 9:18 am

What kids doesn’t love a smoothie, right? Such a great idea.