Avoiding Workout Pains & Strains – Tips For Busy Moms #FastAdvil

I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by fast acting Advil® Film-Coated and I received a free sample of Advil® Film-Coated. This is a sponsored post for SocialStars by Crowdtap. All opinions expressed are my own. #FastAdvil

zumba with holly

I am a busy mom of three but that doesn’t define me. I am a loving wife, a giggly girlfriend and an avid runner and dancer. Not only are my girls dancing every day of the week but I am also in the studio while they are at school enjoying working out.

It’s even better that I get to dance with my  friends and we have a lot of fun pushing one another to do our best. In fact some days they push me so hard that I am left with minor aches and pains. Avoiding working pains and strains can be hard though when you’re really pushing yourself and building muscle.

My day doesn’t end after my workout though, it often begins with it and there’s still children to gather from school and shuttle around to their own after school activities. Let alone all the happy madness in between dinner and bedtime. My day is so full so I can’t be stopped with aches and pains.

Advil runningOn the days I am not dancing you will find me running. Next month I run my first half marathon and living in California it was so hot this summer that running outside was unbearable. I’ve gone back to running outdoors now that the heat has broken and the weather has cooled down but I’m still pushing my body again and it feels great. No matter my best efforts some days after running 7 miles I’m just sore.

That’s why some days this busy mom reaches for Advil® Film-Coated because there’s nothing worse than pain putting a stop to your entire day.  I don’t have time for sick days let alone pain from my morning workout so I need something that is fast acting so I can get on with my day.

Advil (1) #fastadvil

3 Simple Tips For Avoiding Workout Pains & Strains

1. STREEEETCH – Stretching properly before each workout is only going to help you perform better and warm up faster but it will also help you not be so sore after. Properly cooling down and stretching after working out is also very beneficial. Hold long stretches and try to lock your knees as much as you can as you stretch the lower portion on your body. Flexibility and balance take time and are an essential part of your whole body workout.
  2. Ice It Out & Relax Away With Heat – If you know you’ve had an exceptional workout and have pushed yourself it’s best to apply ice to sores joints. Once you have iced it you can apply heat later on to relieve any aches and pains might be left over. Also you can relax by taking a bath or using a massager.
  3. Find Relief – Advil® Film-Coated works when you need it most and in just minutes it’s working. Fast acting, Advil® has a unique, specially formulated ultra-thin coating. Since no other pain reliever has been proven to work faster or stronger I know that Advil® works!!  Advil (2) #fastadvil

The days that I struggle most after workouts are the days that I’m not eating a full breakfast and of course when I’m not hydrating like I should be. So it’s always important that you drink plenty of water. When you need it Advil® Film-Coated  is there. Be sure to read the instructions and follow the directions based upon the packaging.

advil #fastadvil

I used some fast acting Advil® Film-Coated this week after my longer mid-week run. My calves were just so sore from running that I needed relief fast. So whether it’s a headache or minor aches and pains nothing will stop my day with Advil® Film-Coated. You can learn more about the products on Advil’s Facebook page.

My workouts might cause me pain from time to time but I’m getting stronger and it’s that time that I spend with myself that makes me a better wife, mother and friend.

How do you take time for yourself?

1. Lynn on November 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm

stretching.. before and after! thanks!

2. Autumn @MamaChallenge on October 26, 2014 at 1:06 pm

That’s awesome about the marathon. I used to run and got out of it – but need to reset. Sometimes you need things like Advil to fix it!

3. Michelle on October 26, 2014 at 12:02 am

O’ so it’s ice and then heat. I’m always confused which to put first.. I know stretching is important but I should do it for a little longer than I already am. Great tips for keeping it pain free.

4. Deanna Ritz on October 25, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Thanks for all of your tips and tricks. You make me want to get back out there and start running. 🙂

5. Aisha Kristine Chong on October 25, 2014 at 8:07 pm

This guide is so perfect. I mean, it would be a hassle when you are so busy and yet you had to deal with those body pains, right.

6. RICHARD HICKS on October 25, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I exercise too and get those aches and pains sometimes. I love Advil because it does knock the pain out.

7. Margarita Ibbott (@DownshiftingPRO) on October 24, 2014 at 11:12 pm

This week I went for a walk with my hubby. I said leisurely stroll, he thought power walking and one strained muscle later, I was happily taking medication to ease the pain. Which I had had some Advil close by.

8. Paula - Buenos Aires on October 24, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Your method is definitely better than my avoidance of movement one. 😉 Good to know you found something that works for you

9. Mama to 5 BLessings on October 24, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I agree, love this product and it’s all I can take since I am still nursing my baby.

10. Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest on October 24, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Stretching and staying hydrated are super important when working out. I find I get my worst workout pains when I forget to drink water while I’m walking.

11. Amanda on October 24, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Great advice! I don’t work out often but when I do it always seems like I overdo it and I always forget to stretch. You would like 12 years of gym classes beginning with stretches would teach me lol.

12. Natalie on October 24, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Ironically I’m reading this the day after leg day, haha so I’m def feeling the pain today, but it’s a good pain. These are great tips!

13. Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom on October 24, 2014 at 11:27 am

Stretching is the hardest and most vital thing for me. I have crazy tight hamstrings, which throws off the rest of my body and results in tight muscles all over, and often suffer from backaches and headaches as a result. I also need to be better at taking something as soon as I start having problems…nip it in the bud.

14. HilLesha on October 24, 2014 at 11:07 am

I haven’t really worked out for awhile, but I do enjoy hitting the trails. Not only it’s my way of taking time for myself, but it’s also great exercise. 🙂

15. Christine on October 24, 2014 at 10:01 am

Zumba! My favorite! I start my training for Ragnar Del Sol Monday. Not looking forward to it, because I know I’m going to hurt!

16. Krista on October 24, 2014 at 9:48 am

Congrats on running your first marathon! I am hoping to get to that point in my fitness within this next year! Thanks for this post!

17. Angela S on October 24, 2014 at 6:57 am

I have more than a few aches and pains when I exercise. I definitely need to stretch more. This is very helpful info!

18. Tiffany Cruz on October 24, 2014 at 6:11 am

I like that you refer to it as “happy madness”. It’s madness at my house but I’m still trying to see the happy in it all. Advil is the only thing I let in my house. It works good when I get a headache.

19. Dov Shapira on October 24, 2014 at 6:11 am

You ladies are looking great
    I love working out too

20. lloydee on October 24, 2014 at 5:39 am

Nice work out tips. Thanks for sharing.

21. Ronni on October 24, 2014 at 3:54 am

Streeeeeetch!! My husband is on this huge work out training for a marathon and learned the hard way what happens when you don’t stretch first. I tried to warn him 😉

22. Sophie O'Reilly on October 24, 2014 at 1:20 am

Stretching before working out is definitely a must!

23. Elizabeth O. on October 23, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Stretching really prevents muscle pains. I always do that before and after workout.

24. Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom on October 23, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Right now I don’t really get time for myself. I started homeschooling this year and that has pretty much taken any grand aspirations of free time out of the picture.

• Amy @ Oh So Savvy Mom on October 23, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I hit post too soon. What I meant to add was, once I get a handle on my life I’d really like to take up swimming again.

25. Lavende & Lemonade on October 23, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Good luck for your upcoming run! And thanks for the reminder that I need to do a big STRETCH ing session tonight!

26. Erica Brooks on October 23, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Smart tips. I am guilty of not stretching like I should and it does catch up with me.

27. Jon on October 23, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I’ve tried these myself and I love that they don’t taste terrible, can be chewed, and are small.

28. Franc Ramon on October 23, 2014 at 8:38 pm

You have a very active lifestyle. You are also all around. I also managed my regular job, my running training and my site.

29. Maria on October 23, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I too am a believer that time spent with myself truly does make me a better person for everyone else. Jogging is a part of my daily routine that makes me feel complete and accomplished.

30. Stefany on October 23, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I really, really miss running. I found out I had the arthritis when my body would just not heal after running. I loved the time away and being able to just breathe and think though.

31. Carrie - Huppie Mama on October 23, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I suffer from bad migraines. Advil is one of the few medications that actually seem to help.

32. Ben for Two Little Cavaliers on October 23, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I would add one more tip to the list. Don’t over do it. I went to heavy doing supine triceps extensions and wrecked my shoulder. It hasn’t been right since.

33. Myrah - Coupon Mamacita on October 23, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Good luck on your half marathon! You’ll definitely need Advil after that!

34. Letty C. on October 23, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Thank you for the tips!

35. Stacey - Travel Blogger on October 23, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Stretch, stretch, stretch. That cannot be over stated. If you don’t start and finish your work outs with a good stretch you WILL hurt. Badly.

36. Courtney on October 23, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Hot and cold therapy is a great way to reduce aches and pains. I do that a lot. The trick is to alternate the two.

37. Shauna on October 23, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Great tips. I just recently stopped working out because I got sick, but once I start again I will totally need all of these… especially that advil. HA!

38. Jennifer on October 23, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Stretching is super important before you work out. I didn’t stretch once, and I REALLY paid for it.

39. Ann Bacciaglia on October 23, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Advil helps relieve all my aches and pains. I like to get massages to help me relax. I enjoy sitting in a quiet room with a good book as well.

40. Amber Edwards on October 23, 2014 at 3:57 pm

When I get achy after a good workout, I make sure I drink a lot of water (cause hydration helps to flush toxins and helps your body heal faster) and then I also soak in a hot tub with epsom salt and essential oils. And always use advil!

41. Meagan on October 23, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I couldn’t agree more, stretching and ice help with my pains! I find that I’m able to get away to the gym in the evenings when my hubby is able to watch our son.

42. Lisa Bristol on October 23, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Stretching is a very important step before and after you do any exercise. I love to dance for my workouts.

43. Amy D on October 23, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I the it is great that you keep in shape by running. I really wish I could run, but power walking will have to do.

44. Andrew on October 23, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Great tips for avoiding aches and pains from working out. Stretching, ice/heat and drugs (on occasion) – all work-out must haves! 🙂